Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
June 17th, 2010 at 6:48:21 AM permalink
Yesterday Spain lost to Switzerland 1-0. And suddenly my coworker claims we never really made the bet!

Last time I ever bet against him.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 288
June 17th, 2010 at 6:51:24 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Yesterday Spain lost to Switzerland 1-0. And suddenly my coworker claims we never really made the bet!

I was thinking of your bet when I saw that yesterday.

you'll have to read him the Wizard's 10 commandments. Print em up maybe and lay them on his desk. He can't escape I wouldnt think, and would regret the torture I would be giving him.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Nareed
Nareed
June 17th, 2010 at 9:17:05 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I was thinking of your bet when I saw that yesterday.

I hoped Spain would win. That way I'd ahve offered to raise the stakes. So maybe it all worked out for the best.

Quote:

you'll have to read him the Wizard's 10 commandments. Print em up maybe and lay them on his desk. He can't escape I wouldnt think, and would regret the torture I would be giving him.

Woulnd't do any good. This guy makes up reality as he goes along.

I suppose I could amke sure ther eare witnesses next time we amke a bet, and to write it down and sign the paper. But what for? If he weasles out of a small bet at the first sign of trouble, he's very unlikely to ever pay anyway.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 174
June 17th, 2010 at 9:26:50 AM permalink

...Woulnd't do any good. This guy makes up reality as he goes along.

Wait a sec...

You knew that, and you didn't get the bet on paper?
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
Nareed
Nareed
June 17th, 2010 at 9:37:20 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Wait a sec...

You knew that, and you didn't get the bet on paper?

We all make mistakes.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 174
July 13th, 2010 at 1:09:52 PM permalink

Hmmmm.....

Spain lost their first game but ended up winning the whole thing.

Seems like you may have dodged a bullet here!
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗

• Jump to: