VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
September 11th, 2014 at 7:59:31 PM permalink
Flying out this Sat (if anybody is interested in meeting up, I will be here and there along the strip and downtown). But I wanted opinions on my bets. I am not an avid sports bettor, but I thought I would give it a go. I will be placing all these bets are Jerry's Nugget.

5 Team Parlay: $20
San Fran -7
Sea -6
NE -3
Dallas/Titans Under 49.5
AZ -2.5

6.5 pt Teaser: $50
Sea +.5
NE +3.5
Dalls/Titans Under 56

Straight Bet Seattle -6 $55

Tell me your thoughts. Is it stupid to include the same teams in my teaser?
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 11th, 2014 at 8:37:52 PM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

Flying out this Sat (if anybody is interested in meeting up, I will be here and there along the strip and downtown). But I wanted opinions on my bets. I am not an avid sports bettor, but I thought I would give it a go. I will be placing all these bets are Jerry's Nugget.

5 Team Parlay: $20
San Fran -7
Sea -6
NE -3
Dallas/Titans Under 49.5
AZ -2.5

6.5 pt Teaser: $50
Sea +.5
NE +3.5
Dalls/Titans Under 56

Straight Bet Seattle -6 $55

Tell me your thoughts. Is it stupid to include the same teams in my teaser?

The Wizard may well respond himself, but last year, he talked a lot about 3-6 team parlays where he only changed one team. Me, I think if you have a few games where you feel very confident about your picks, you should bet them every way you can. If you like your chances on a lot of games, then sure, spread it around. So no, you obviously feel good about SEA, NE, and the under; why not bet them several places or formats?
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
September 11th, 2014 at 8:42:13 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The Wizard may well respond himself, but last year, he talked a lot about 3-6 team parlays where he only changed one team. Me, I think if you have a few games where you feel very confident about your picks, you should bet them every way you can. If you like your chances on a lot of games, then sure, spread it around. So no, you obviously feel good about SEA, NE, and the under; why not bet them several places or formats?

I really feel like Seattle is a lock. Feel strong about the Dallas game. A little uneasy about NE. Minnesota came to play last week and NE was embarrassed. But, I feel Brady will have a chip on his shoulder and bring it this week.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
Keeneone
Keeneone
September 11th, 2014 at 9:06:16 PM permalink
I do not have any input on your picks. If you like them, then play them.

One option you may consider is making your straight bet (your favorite pick) larger than the total amount of the parlay/teasers. If your straight bet wins, you will be even or slightly up on the 3 wagers.
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
September 13th, 2014 at 3:12:56 AM permalink
In case you missed the news, the New England game may not be allowed. The Vikings running back is out.
  • Jump to: