GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
August 10th, 2014 at 1:51:36 PM permalink
So I had this HUGE post all ready to go and then I hit the wrong button and lost it all. uggggg

Please use this thread to sign up for the Fantasy Football League. We must get 10-12 people in order to make this a go. Hopefully I don't leave any important details out but I reserve the right to modify this post until the league is created. After that point, any changes will need a majority vote.

Entry Fee: The fee is $40 to be paid through league safe. All teams must be entered and paid by August 26th.
Payouts: Payouts will be completed through league safe as well. We will vote on the number of places that pay.
Hosting Site: The league will be run through yahoo.
Who can join: This league is limited to active members of this forum. You must also be a member for at least 30 days from the time that you sign up. Each person is allowed 1 team only. When signing up it must be posted in this thread what your yahoo team name is so we know which WoV user is who. I will also need an email address to send the links.
Rules: This league is meant to be fun so if there is any collusion, any teams involved will be forfeited and their entry fees will not be returned. GWAE will act as commissioner. Any dispute that may arise will be voted upon by the active league members. Majority rules on all issues.
Settings: This will be a head to head league. We will use 1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 flex non QB,k, and SPT/DEF. The league will run through week 14 with the playoffs during week 15 and 16. There will be 2 divisions. There will be 4 play off teams with 10 players and 6 play off teams if we get 12 players. Top record in each division gets the top 2 seeds. There will be waivers and trades. Trades will have a 48 hour veto time before the trade is final.
Draft: The draft will be held the week prior to Week 1 starting. We will take a vote on the date and time but as of right now I have it scheduled for Sunday Aug 31st at 8pm eastern time. It will be a snake draft that lasts 14 rounds. The draft ordered will be determined on the day of the draft through yahoo's system.

I know that I am forgetting something so please let me know. I wanted to copy and paste my rules from the other leagues that I have run but I am at work and wanted to get this up and running since we are starting to get pretty late into the pre season.

Disclaimer: The Wizard and WoV website does not endorse this contest. This contest can be ended at any time at the request of Wizard. Any discrepancies must be handled through this league and not through Wizard.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
August 10th, 2014 at 1:52:13 PM permalink
Reserving this spot for future announcements.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
August 10th, 2014 at 2:42:57 PM permalink
Never knew much about fantasy football. Just thought I would hate it. Now that suspicion has been confirmed. Good luck anyway.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 29
August 10th, 2014 at 3:05:04 PM permalink
What is league safe?
GWAE
GWAE
August 10th, 2014 at 4:33:50 PM permalink
Quote: Beardgoat

What is league safe?

it is an online payment system. Basically it is an escrow. You can make the payment to them via check, transfer, or credit card. They hold the money until the end of the season and they pay the winners.

If people don't want to use league safe we can make another agreement like paying me directly and then I would put it onto league safe.
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
August 10th, 2014 at 4:36:17 PM permalink
GWAE, do you know if they take PayPal?
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
August 10th, 2014 at 4:41:40 PM permalink
After some research I don't think there is anything about that site that disqualifies AZ residents... I'm in. Team name will be Beardoat.
GWAE
GWAE
August 10th, 2014 at 5:02:31 PM permalink
Quote: steeldco

GWAE, do you know if they take PayPal?

I am not sure but my guess would be no.
strictlyAP
strictlyAP
  • Threads: 116
August 10th, 2014 at 5:14:56 PM permalink
I'm in let me know what else I need to do
The bet will not be paid- not now not ever
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 46
August 10th, 2014 at 6:28:27 PM permalink
Any specific reasons you guys dont like suicide pool?????
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
August 10th, 2014 at 7:05:53 PM permalink
I'd love to play, but the evening of August 31st won't work for me for a draft.
GWAE
GWAE
August 10th, 2014 at 7:09:06 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

Any specific reasons you guys dont like suicide pool?????

my first choice is fantasy. If this fills up quickly then I will gladly run a suicide also. Problem with suicide polls are if you lose in week 1 then you are done for the year. It is really only fun if you win. At least in fantasy you have hope for most of the season. well not always, but there is still the toilet bowl.
GWAE
GWAE
August 10th, 2014 at 7:10:25 PM permalink
Quote: MidwestAP

I'd love to play, but the evening of August 31st won't work for me for a draft.

drafting is always the toughest part of ffb. What is a better day? I usually pick Sunday evening as it is most peoples down time. We could always do it on a Monday or Tuesday as well.
GWAE
GWAE
August 11th, 2014 at 7:47:24 PM permalink
we still need some sign ups to make this a go.
strictlyAP
strictlyAP
  • Threads: 116
August 12th, 2014 at 2:54:57 AM permalink
How many do we have?
The bet will not be paid- not now not ever
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
August 12th, 2014 at 4:14:33 AM permalink
Normally Sunday's work great, just not that Sunday. Monday's are not good. Tuesdays work great for me if we can make it work out.
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
August 13th, 2014 at 9:46:50 AM permalink
Due to the uncertainty about his league even getting off the ground, I have chose to participate in another league instead. So I am withdrawing myself from this league... Sorry and thanks to gwae for attempting to put this together
GWAE
GWAE
August 23rd, 2014 at 2:45:09 AM permalink
I am going to have to cancel this contest due to lack of interest.

Mods if you see this can you please lock this thread?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 24th, 2014 at 2:12:13 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I am going to have to cancel this contest due to lack of interest.

Mods if you see this can you please lock this thread?

Got it, GWAE. Sorry it didn't go.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: