LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
December 5th, 2013 at 9:39:32 PM permalink
Weather is an issue, alot of freezing temps, and many games forecast for freezing rain or snow.

So who does that favor.

Balt/minny--wind chill in 20's rain/sleet possible. So initially I think adrian peterson is an advantage....but in my opinion thats only if no one touches him. But on a slipperry field, its harder to keep balance and break partial tackles without slipping. But Balt has no running game under good conditions let alone bad weather.

Balt has no good passing threats this year and their QB looks rather ordinary in good weather....let alone bad weather.

So Balt --ave passing, way below ave running...mkes me think Minny can cover.

Over the next 4 games this is baltimores most winnable game...the next 3 are killers.They have alot op pressure to win this.

Minny is a cozy indoor team.....but if the running game works..they can run it for a couple scores which may be enough

I am not going to bet till the day before on a sunday where weather will tilt my decisions. But if there is sleet and rain, and freezing temps....with 2 QBs that are average at best...I would go with the under.

However same exact weather in philly but the 2 QBs much better...i am not touching under yet.

SF-- faves?? how is that. SF lost at home to carolina and carolina lost at home to seattle. I dont think SF has beaten a winning team all year. I mean at the time they played the the teams they beat...they did not have a winning record.(arizona now has, and GB was the first game of the year)
ClarkWGriswold
ClarkWGriswold
  • Threads: 8
December 6th, 2013 at 1:01:01 AM permalink
Quote: LarryS

W
SF-- faves?? how is that.

Against the Seahawks? HELL NO.
I'm taking Carolina over the Saints. They're running absolutely redhot and I think even at HOME, the Saints have no chance.
"I am your average American gambling idiot" - Me
wroberson
wroberson
  • Threads: 19
December 6th, 2013 at 6:33:01 AM permalink
I took the panthers too in a straight office pool. I have 104 wins and 74 losses. I missed a week because the modem was out. I also took Houston.

Next week is when I care.
Buffering...
LarryS
LarryS
December 6th, 2013 at 7:27:38 AM permalink
new orleans is a different team at home. Last home game when they played SF hey had ATS 14-0 the last 14 games under patyon. They tied at -3 with SF. Still a hard record to go against.
tournamentking
tournamentking
  • Threads: 2
December 6th, 2013 at 8:13:58 AM permalink
I think Carolina is a pretender. They just don't blow my skirt up. I see NO taking two from them in the next 3 weeks. That " win"against NE was a gift, and Steve Smith, if healthy, is too much of a hothead to be consistent. They're going nowhere.
LarryS
LarryS
December 6th, 2013 at 4:20:11 PM permalink
Cassel is playing for minny!!! ouch...ALL my bets are off on that game. I am scared when that guy thows the ball

But its amazing that he is still considered better than freeman who was handed the staring QB job on arrival.

guess schiano knows best

I do like arizona as always at home
LarryS
LarryS
December 8th, 2013 at 8:23:39 AM permalink
going to make my bets soon. it seems the line is moving down with ARIZ....not a good sign. Possibly palmers elbo is worse than it seemed earlier in the week.
Palmer was very limited in practice this week. I dont know much about the replacement QB if he is needed...so I am dropping ariz.
although their defense is enough to bring in a win for them....the line move is worrisome. Usually a line drops a halfof a point here and there..this one droped a point and a half overnight.
staying with seattle and NO

i am staying away from the bad weather games. Its easy to get into the angle that miami and minny are warm weather or indoor teams and cant handle the adverse cold and sleet
But I dont know if that holds up in reality.
sleet wind, freezing temp...crazy things happen and not always the best team wins//I AM PASSING
wroberson
wroberson
  • Threads: 19
December 8th, 2013 at 9:44:04 AM permalink
I give the edge to Arizona for their run defense. I think they can win by a touchdown. All but 2 players took the cardinals straight up in the office pool I'm in.

I would cover both sides of the money line and including as a 6 or 7th team in a two ticket parlay of money line favorites and rout four the underdog.

It's a late game so you have time.
Buffering...
LarryS
LarryS
December 9th, 2013 at 7:16:15 PM permalink
Quote: wroberson

I give the edge to Arizona for their run defense. I think they can win by a touchdown. All but 2 players took the cardinals straight up in the office pool I'm in.

I would cover both sides of the money line and including as a 6 or 7th team in a two ticket parlay of money line favorites and rout four the underdog.

It's a late game so you have time.

you were right about arizona, I backed off of them. But i did ok with my 2 reccomended picks of seattle and New Orleans. I had them in a 3 team parlay with chicago in hockey. nice days pay.

Its hard to go against Orleans at home...they have covered 14 of their last 15 home games under payton, and the one they didnt cover was a tie with SF 2 weeks ago,
On the road they are dicey. I wont touch them this week.or i may takr rams with the points
  • Jump to: