Virginia Tech -11 @ Pitt
Ohio -7 @ Marshall
Baltimore +3 @ Philly (PRO)

Anyone agree or disagree with these?
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 29
September 14th, 2012 at 11:49:24 AM permalink
Pitt is really bad. I like that. I also like the baltimore +3 bet. I took that in the pool this week. I don't know much about Ohio/Marshall to give a good opinion
JamieV
JamieV
  • Threads: 7
September 14th, 2012 at 1:05:22 PM permalink
Virginia Tech may be giving up too many point to Pitt...but college football is so crazy that I won't bet on it unless I KNOW FOR SURE....but then again...do we ever know? I like to use parlays for college and NFL games. I keep it very simple for college...3, 5, or 7 team parlays with the top 10 against unranked opponents for each week.

NFL

I use parlays with teams agains weak opponents....and then add a toss up game. For example

I have

GB to win
NE to win
NYG to win
Houston to win

To each their own though! Good luck!
Bang Biscuit!
Zayla
Zayla
  • Threads: 2
September 14th, 2012 at 1:10:37 PM permalink
Quote: JamieV

Virginia Tech may be giving up too many point to Pitt...but college football is so crazy that I won't bet on it unless I KNOW FOR SURE....but then again...do we ever know? I like to use parlays for college and NFL games. I keep it very simple for college...3, 5, or 7 team parlays with the top 10 against unranked opponents for each week.

NFL

I use parlays with teams agains weak opponents....and then add a toss up game. For example

I have

GB to win
NE to win
NYG to win
Houston to win

You really went out on a limb picking GB to win, since they already did!!!! Just kidding, but they did. May take Cutler a while to get over that one.

Again, you really think NE is going win at home against Arizona? I don't know about that one.

The Giants, against Tampa? Seriously.

The Texans over the Jags? I really hope your talking about the points.

I'm just busting your chops. I think they're all slam dunks.

You should take KC over the Bills. No way the Bills should be getting 3 over KC. They're banged up and KC is getting two of they're best back.
Zayla
Zayla
September 14th, 2012 at 1:13:26 PM permalink
Quote: mwalz9

Im thinking of a 3 team parlay with:

Virginia Tech -11 @ Pitt
Ohio -7 @ Marshall
Baltimore +3 @ Philly (PRO)

Anyone agree or disagree with these?

No, I agree with them, but where I'm looking, for some unknown reason, they have Philly favored by 2.5?????
mwalz9
mwalz9
  • Threads: 52
September 14th, 2012 at 1:20:42 PM permalink
Quote: Zayla

No, I agree with them, but where I'm looking, for some unknown reason, they have Philly favored by 2.5?????

I have it listed that way, don't I? Well with 1/2 point difference.
mwalz9
mwalz9
September 14th, 2012 at 1:21:36 PM permalink
Quote: JamieV

NFL

I have

GB to win
NE to win
NYG to win
Houston to win

A parlay playing just those 4 moneylines? That can't pay very much, can it?
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
September 14th, 2012 at 3:13:50 PM permalink
What is the additional vig on a 4 team parlay one week versus Parlaying 1 game each week for 4 weeks yourself ?
Zayla
Zayla
September 14th, 2012 at 3:32:32 PM permalink

I have it listed that way, don't I? Well with 1/2 point difference.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I can't understand Philly being favored AT ALL, and I don't care that they're home. The Ravens looked like champions, which they've been pretty close to, the Eagles were just AWFUL.

Just surprised me.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 14th, 2012 at 3:36:20 PM permalink
The Eagles are my pick to be in the Super Bowl. I saw nothing to change my mind last week.
JamieV
JamieV
  • Threads: 7
September 14th, 2012 at 3:36:22 PM permalink
No its not paying much at all. I dont play professionally but I do play somewhat seriously. I like to have a decent shot at money if that makes sense. The parlay that will pay pretty good is the college football one....7 teamer. I only risk 200 a week on select parlays so its more of a fun thing.
Bang Biscuit!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
September 14th, 2012 at 6:01:21 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

The Eagles are my pick to be in the Super Bowl. I saw nothing to change my mind last week.

I guess you didnt watch the game. Your QB throwing 4 interceptions versus the vaunted Brown's defense...
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 14th, 2012 at 7:35:18 PM permalink
I am a little tapped out after my nightmare week in Baltimore. So instead of dinner, how about a burger on Phili's next game ?
Even up of course, I know you don't want to take advantage of me after the Eagle's terrible performance last week ?

Mike can get double or nothing on those 40 push-ups on the same bet.

Put up or shut up, sir. LOL
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
September 14th, 2012 at 7:43:25 PM permalink

Ohio -7 @ Marshall

Is Marshall that bad? I thought that's where the soon to be hall of fame wide receiver Randy Moss went to school, or shall I say, played football? There was a day when Ohio would never be favored in such a game but maybe it's a day gone by.
mwalz9
mwalz9
September 14th, 2012 at 8:22:02 PM permalink
Ohio has a good QB in Tettleton. I live in West Virginia so I am familar with Marshall. I am very confident in Ohio -7 tomorrow.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
September 15th, 2012 at 3:09:39 AM permalink

I am a little tapped out after my nightmare week in Baltimore. So instead of dinner, how about a burger on Phili's next game ?
Even up of course, I know you don't want to take advantage of me after the Eagle's terrible performance last week ?

Mike can get double or nothing on those 40 push-ups on the same bet.

Put up or shut up, sir. LOL

Nah, no bet! Although I would take Baltimore plus the 3, if I had to make a bet on the game. (I think that's the spread). My point was not that the Eagles wont make the Super Bowl, but more that after that one game surely more doubts would arise. The Giants last year had quite a few such games, and we know how that turned out!
Zayla
Zayla
September 15th, 2012 at 8:54:55 AM permalink

I hope you were being sarcastic? Are you an Eagle fan? That would explain that delusion. Not saying they won't snap out of it, hell it's only one game, but that was one awful game, and, against one awful team.
avargov
avargov
  • Threads: 16
September 15th, 2012 at 9:56:27 AM permalink
Yikes! Do I see Pitt is up by 21?
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~ William Gibson
mwalz9
mwalz9
September 15th, 2012 at 11:03:59 AM permalink
Yes, Sir. Not looking like a good bet.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 15th, 2012 at 12:33:01 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Nah, no bet! Although I would take Baltimore plus the 3, if I had to make a bet on the game. (I think that's the spread). My point was not that the Eagles wont make the Super Bowl, but more that after that one game surely more doubts would arise. The Giants last year had quite a few such games, and we know how that turned out!

Gee Hot Blonde was right. You're no fun. LOL
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 16th, 2012 at 2:58:57 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Gee That burger would have tasted great. SIGH
  • Jump to: