Kjohrf
Kjohrf
  • Threads: 1
March 28th, 2012 at 8:15:57 PM permalink
I've designed and coded a MS Windows Slot Machine simulator just for fun.
One payout question has me conflicted.

Let's say there's a WILD symbol and a BONUS symbol. The WILD matches
anything but a BONUS (you need 3+ BONUS at left to trigger a free spin bonus).

The highest payout for 2 symbols is the GOLD symbol. Should the following payline
pay out for 2 GOLD?

WILD WILD BONUS

My coding for this situation came up with a 2 GOLD win and I thought
it was a bug. But thinking about it more, if "WILD substitutes for any symbol
except BONUS", then I think it should pay out, right?
Send private message for freelance graphic design or software testing jobs (US and Canada)
winmonkeyspit3
winmonkeyspit3
  • Threads: 26
March 28th, 2012 at 8:49:57 PM permalink
sounds right to me.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
March 28th, 2012 at 9:07:24 PM permalink
Yes, it should pay out at the highest level. Sometimes there's a special pay for wild-wild, sometimes that's just the high-high pay - sounds like that's the case here with your gold-gold example.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Triplell
Triplell
  • Threads: 9
March 29th, 2012 at 3:30:39 AM permalink
Slot machines read left to right and this tremendously helps with decreasing complexity. All you have to do is traverse the line.

Doesn't sound too complicated at all. PS: you should look into other programming languages such as Java or C/C++/C#.
Kjohrf
Kjohrf
March 29th, 2012 at 6:35:58 AM permalink
Thanks, everyone. I'll take out the exception that keeps it from paying it as 2 GOLD. I'll have to re-run the analysis to check the total
payout, which is currently about 99.8%.

It is written in C++/MFC. Nothing in it was terribly complex. Under 2000 lines of code. I was a programmer for a long time before switching to graphic design a few years ago. So I did the graphics for it, too. Also took the "check pay line" code out and put in a separate console (text) app to run the five-nested loop to check the payout percentage, like Mssr. Shackleford talks about in his analysis of Lucky Larry's Lobstermania on Wizard of Odds.

If there's a way to attach a screen shot here I would do so.
Send private message for freelance graphic design or software testing jobs (US and Canada)
Kjohrf
Kjohrf
March 29th, 2012 at 2:26:27 PM permalink
Here's a screen shot:

Sorry about the blurring and copyright notice. Comments and questions welcome.
  • Jump to: