Robert215
Robert215
  • Threads: 7
December 8th, 2013 at 8:47:39 PM permalink
hi,

At different places I've seen a couple of different types of machines with 3-level must-hit-by jackpots that say

"(each jackpot) may hit up to 3 times before reset"

The wording on the machine might be different and ambiguous, but I personally have witnessed a lowest level jackpot ($10) being hit and remained the same amount so I think I'm not mistaken.

For the math guys out there, how would this 'multiple hit' change the analysis and hit point (where +ev starts)?

Thanks.

I mean, for the ordinary must-hit-by jackpots, since HE is never known and the volatility is large so I personally have been just sort of taking the first order (maybe zeroth order? :P)......I don't know how to generate Wizard's chart in the page for Mystery Progressive for all those different machines.

hit point = jackpot limit * ( 1 - 10/meter-rise ) ,

ignoring the fact of the machine being multi-level and all that, where

10/meter-rise means 1 / (0.1 * how many cents coin-in gives 1c jackpot meter rise) , with the 0.1 = 10% = HE.

Once you've started to play a +ev machine, then of course if the jackpot stays after hitting then you should keep playing.

With multi-hit, obviously the hit point should be lower (earlier), and I'm wondering if there's any crude estimate for a correction term or something like that.

I don't know how the multi-hit works....it could be that the number of hits that will take place was already determined when the jackpot reset previously, or it could be that every time the jackpot is hit there's a chance (from the PRNG) that it might not reset. For the latter I doubt that the design of this multi-hit is uniform (1/3, 1/3, 1/3) that hitting 1 time, hitting twice, and hitting 3 times all have the same probability. Allowing the jackpot to hit 3 times might have a very small probability.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 9th, 2013 at 9:25:04 AM permalink
Quote: Robert215

hi,

At different places I've seen a couple of different types of machines with 3-level must-hit-by jackpots that say

"(each jackpot) may hit up to 3 times before reset"

The wording on the machine might be different and ambiguous, but I personally have witnessed a lowest level jackpot ($10) being hit and remained the same amount so I think I'm not mistaken.

For the math guys out there, how would this 'multiple hit' change the analysis and hit point (where +ev starts)?

Thanks.

I mean, for the ordinary must-hit-by jackpots, since HE is never know and the volatility is large so I personally have been just sort of taking the first order (maybe zeroth order? :P)......I don't know how to generate Wizard's chart in the page for Mystery Progressive for all those different machines.

hit point = jackpot limit * ( 1 - 10/meter-rise ) ,

ignoring the fact of the machine being multi-level and all that, where

10/meter-rise means 1 / (0.1 * how many cents coin-in gives 1c jackpot meter rise) , with the 0.1 = 10% = HE.

Once you've started to play a +ev machine, then of course if the jackpot stays after hitting then you should keep playing.

With multi-hit, obviously the hit point should be lower (earlier), and I'm wondering if there's any crude estimate for a correction term or something like that.

I don't know how the multi-hit works....it could be that the number of hits that will take place was already determined when the jackpot reset previously, or it could be that every time the jackpot is hit there's a chance (from the PRNG) that it might not reset. For the latter I doubt that the design of this multi-hit is uniform (1/3, 1/3, 1/3) that hitting 1 time, hitting twice, and hitting 3 times all have the same probability. Allowing the jackpot to hit 3 times might have a very small probability.

I have been seeing a few slot programs that do this lately, but there's a slight difference from what you're describing; it's like a "Haywire" hit, where the game sometimes re-spins into the same result on the random or mystery jackpot and you end up with 1, 2 or 3 times your win. It doesn't always do it, but it MAY. I think they're trying to keep you from making an immediate cash-out after a jackpot, because the difference from a Haywire is that you have to push the spin button again to retrigger it, where a Haywire machine will just pause long enough to make you wonder if it's done, then go again on its own. So it might be worth identifying and vulturing those machines in case people don't know there's a possible re-trigger loaded. In any case, the language you're talking about seems similar if not identical to what I've seen on those machines.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Robert215
Robert215
  • Threads: 7
December 9th, 2013 at 11:19:07 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

........ I think they're trying to keep you from making an immediate cash-out after a jackpot, because the difference from a Haywire is that you have to push the spin button again to retrigger it,......

yeah one type of these machines actually says something like this on the screen right after I hit a small jackpot:

" WAIT, DON'T GO! this is a multiple hit machine blah blah blah "

I sat there and looked for things to trigger but didn't find any (in that instance).

I think it's actually better in some sense that some are haywire as you described, simpler to analyze (and more profitable?).
  • Jump to: