PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 22
December 23rd, 2020 at 8:46:56 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

If I am not mistaken I think he said he is very low o money so I don't see a poker game happening with him.

Honestly no offence to poker players as I was a pro for years but playing poker isnít a good use of my time. I make way too much doing other gambling things to bother playing cards.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 109
December 24th, 2020 at 7:05:52 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Honestly no offence to poker players as I was a pro for years but playing poker isnít a good use of my time. I make way too much doing other gambling things to bother playing cards.

Many of your trip reports included poker reports, mostly positive. When you can travel again internationally, will you resume poker, or will you be able to use your other AP stuff internationally? Or will you be like someone like me who spends boatloads to see the world?
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
December 24th, 2020 at 7:10:23 AM permalink

I agree with you. The little poker that I play is more for recreation. I enjoy playing little $25 Sit-N-Go games. I probably play two a week.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
linksjunkie
linksjunkie
  • Threads: 7
December 24th, 2020 at 8:12:18 AM permalink
12,222 hands completed.

Polk up 800k

Resuming 12/28.
Son you ainít paying attention Iím cutting you but you ainít bleeding - Foghorn Leghorn
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 109
December 24th, 2020 at 9:41:05 AM permalink
Quote: linksjunkie

12,222 hands completed.

Polk up 800k

Resuming 12/28.

So DN has an AVERAGE loss of nearly $70 a hand!!! What were the blinds again? Was there an ante as well?

No expert here... but to lose ON AVERAGE that much per hand seems like you are totally being dominated. Am I wrong?
linksjunkie
linksjunkie
  • Threads: 7
December 24th, 2020 at 12:36:42 PM permalink
Blinds $200/$400 I believe. No ante

Wish I would have listened to poker grnderís opinion early in discussion.

Got a little down on Polk but wishing it was more!!

Merry Christmas everyone
Son you ainít paying attention Iím cutting you but you ainít bleeding - Foghorn Leghorn
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 22
Thanks for this post from:
WTflush
December 24th, 2020 at 12:56:14 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Many of your trip reports included poker reports, mostly positive. When you can travel again internationally, will you resume poker, or will you be able to use your other AP stuff internationally? Or will you be like someone like me who spends boatloads to see the world?

No, Iíll never play any real volume of poker again in my life. I donít actually enjoy the game much anymore. Iím in the USA right doing AP stuff, wonít play any poker most likely. It doesnít matter that I have a ton more money than I used to Iíll stick backpack cheaply around the world cause I enjoy that style of travelling.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 525
February 10th, 2021 at 7:59:09 AM permalink
Poker Pro Doug Polk Wins High-Stakes Grudge Match And $1.2 Million From Daniel Negreanu
https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/25670-poker-pro-doug-polk-wins-grudge-match-1-2-million-from-daniel-negreanu

25,000-Hand Challenge Wrapped Up Wednesday Evening With A Marathon Session And A Six-Figure Win For Polk.
one of those hands:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFA0gB7mvZo

Polk won an avg of $48 per hand.
What stakes were they playing at? (so i can calc polk's bb/100 rate)

does that amount Polk won exceed expectations?

im thinking $1.2M isnt a life changing amount for either of these 2 guys
Last edited by: 100xOdds on Feb 10, 2021
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
February 10th, 2021 at 8:18:47 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

Poker Pro Doug Polk Wins High-Stakes Grudge Match And $1.2 Million From Daniel Negreanu
https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/25670-poker-pro-doug-polk-wins-grudge-match-1-2-million-from-daniel-negreanu

25,000-Hand Challenge Wrapped Up Wednesday Evening With A Marathon Session And A Six-Figure Win For Polk.
one of those hands:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFA0gB7mvZo

Polk won an avg of $48 per hand.
What stakes were they playing at? (so i can calc polk's bb/100 rate)

does that amount exceed expectations?

im thinking $1.2M isnt a life changing amount for either of these 2 guys

It was $200/$400 NL
Living longer does not always infer +EV
LuckyPhow
LuckyPhow
  • Threads: 52
February 10th, 2021 at 12:54:28 PM permalink

... I was a pro for years ...

Both you and Doug Polk appear to agree that you can each put poker in your rear-view mirror. But, I have a question about Daniel.

With Polk no longer playing poker, has Daniel gained any ability to play heads-up better now than before the contest?

I expect Daniel may be one of the most experienced heads up players in the game today. I think he's savvy enough to use the contest as a laboratory to test various bet strategies, etc. AFAIK, Daniel continues to play poker professionally. I guess we will see if his future performance improves.

• Jump to: