4 votes (10%)
33 votes (82.5%)
4 votes (10%)

40 members have voted

sammydv
sammydv
  • Threads: 9
January 30th, 2020 at 5:16:31 PM permalink
It's a civil case for now. Criminal may yet come.
sammydv
sammydv
  • Threads: 9
January 30th, 2020 at 5:20:28 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

Quote: Puckerbutt

Update

There is no way that is good service....

He did not even the see defendant, just "movement of curtains and lights"...

After eight minutes of knocking and ringing the doorbell, Verstandig retreated to his own vehicle. He left his lights and engine off and continued to watch the house to see what would happen next.

As he described it: ďI then saw a male, meeting the description of the Defendant (whose description I know from viewing myriad photographs, viewing dozens of video recordings, and one personal meeting prior to this litigation), inside the House, standing atop the stairwell.

Verstandig added: ďAt this juncture, I returned to the door of the House, commenced to knock on the door and ring the doorbell interchangeably once again so as to announce my presence. I witnessed movements through a window curtain and noises drawing nearer to the door upon which I was knocking.Ē
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 38
January 30th, 2020 at 8:19:08 PM permalink
For anyone still maintaining a presumption of Postle's innocence, note the high integrity manner in which Postle is dealing with this situation.
So many better men, a few of them friends, were dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things lived on, and so did I.
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 161
January 30th, 2020 at 8:32:15 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

For anyone still maintaining a presumption of Postle's innocence, note the high integrity manner in which Postle is dealing with this situation.

I feel like he knows much more than hes ever let fly out of his mouth. If you watch his demeanor in this promotional videos for his poker tournament invention he is calm cool and smooth. Compare that to his interviews in the booth and hes the complete opposite. But his actions as of this point are most likely within his rights. Hes essentially pleading the 5th and hiding and not saying anything because he doesn't have to.
Puckerbutt
Puckerbutt
  • Threads: 1
Thanks for this post from:
ksdjdjheatmap
June 3rd, 2020 at 3:09:45 PM permalink
Case dismissed
If'n I'd a knowed you wanted to have went with me - I'd a seen that you got to get to go.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 171
June 3rd, 2020 at 4:33:38 PM permalink

Case dismissed

How shocking.
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 161
June 3rd, 2020 at 4:34:21 PM permalink
You know how when you get arrested and they say ďyou have the right to remain silentĒ? Well that applies to anyone who comes up and talks to you.

Itís exactly what Mike Postle did too. And it paid off I think.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 13
June 3rd, 2020 at 4:43:09 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Case dismissed

How shocking.

agree. Though itís disappointing as IMO the evidence is overwhelming that he cheated.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 235
June 3rd, 2020 at 5:57:13 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Case dismissed

How shocking.

agree. Though itís disappointing as IMO the evidence is overwhelming that he cheated.

But it wasn't decided on the evidence

Rather on California law pertaining to whether gambling losses are actionable.

This is a situation where the plaintiff attorneys didn't familiarize themselves with that or come up with a legit counter law.

That will be their next move although they have been severely hobbled.

Postle has still the onus hanging over his head imo
Last edited by: darkoz on Jun 3, 2020
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 13
June 3rd, 2020 at 6:09:50 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Quote: unJon

Case dismissed

How shocking.

But it wasn't decided on the evidence

Rather on California law pertaining to whether gambling losses are actionable.

This is a situation where the plaintiff attorneys didn't familiarize themselves with that or come up with a legit counter law.

That will be their next move although they have been severely hobbled.

Postle has still the on us hanging over his head imo

Good points.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.

• Jump to: