Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
May 15th, 2017 at 8:28:14 PM permalink
The November Nine was a horrible idea to begin with.

http://cardplayer.com/poker-news/21638-the-november-nine-era-is-over-for-the-world-series-of-poker
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 15th, 2017 at 8:31:39 PM permalink
Not that much competition in July, so ratings should be decent. I don't believe I've ever watched a live poker event on television. How will they prevent players from learning the other players hands?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Zourah
Zourah
  • Threads: 4
May 15th, 2017 at 9:00:54 PM permalink
The TV broadcast is on a thirty minute delay
DiscreteMaths2
DiscreteMaths2
  • Threads: 13
May 15th, 2017 at 9:07:19 PM permalink
I don't like the idea of the November 9 from a gameplay perspective because people could specifically train, acquire intelligence, or even practice on a simulated table because they know their opponents already and have all that off time. While that might be an appealing game style for some I don't find that sort of thing a good thing for the WSOP main event.
Assume the worst, believe no one, and make your move only when you are certain that you are unbeatable or have, at worst, exceptionally good odds in your favor.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
May 15th, 2017 at 9:17:55 PM permalink
Quote: Zourah

The TV broadcast is on a thirty minute delay

Yes, I forgot to add that in. Thanks. I figured that was a given though.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
May 15th, 2017 at 9:19:48 PM permalink
Quote: DiscreteMaths2

I don't like the idea of the November 9 from a gameplay perspective because people could specifically train, acquire intelligence, or even practice on a simulated table because they know their opponents already and have all that off time. While that might be an appealing game style for some I don't find that sort of thing a good thing for the WSOP main event.

I didn't, and still don't like the fact that it now becomes a "team game" with the (semi) live shows.
RisingDough
RisingDough
  • Threads: 8
May 15th, 2017 at 11:27:28 PM permalink
Quote: DiscreteMaths2

Not to mention at some point there could be a serious injury or even death during the time off! Plus with 3 months to train any skill gap can be narrowed and any momentum, psychological advantage one might have can be lost.
What is life if not a gamble?
  • Jump to: