Riva
Riva
  • Threads: 73
March 15th, 2014 at 8:10:38 AM permalink
Have a few questions, if I may.

As some of you know, Michigan is cracking down hard on the poker rooms for various abuses and violations of state law.
Basically, the poker rooms collaborate with a charity by providing all the components needed to conduct an event, specifically: the room, table and equipment and dealers. The charity simply obtains the license, has few of its bonifide members on site during the event and, handles all the cash. The poker room takes a percentage of the night's profit from each charity it hosts for providing the above. That's about all I know because I have never been in a poker room, charity or otherwise.

I am trying to get a grasp on the actual revenue share between the room and the charity. Assuming the room is full and everything is kept within Michigan's $15,000 per-day charitable gaming wager limit, what could be gross profit for the day be on average? What percentage of the gross goes to the room and same to the charity? Who gets the money for food and beverage sales?

Thanks
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
March 15th, 2014 at 8:19:28 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Riva
Riva
  • Threads: 73
March 15th, 2014 at 8:41:53 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Ours was 50/50 after paying the dealers. Neither the organization that provides equipment, room, etc. nor the charity have anything to do with food or drinks. That is strictly the establishment in the building whether it be a bar, bowling alley or whatever. The take depends on a lot of factors most important of which is number of tables open and players in seats.

Riva, since your in the general area, I'd suggest going to Sunnybrook one night and take a look around.

I tried to send you a PM but you don't accept them.

Where is Sunnybrook?
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
March 15th, 2014 at 9:47:59 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
  • Jump to: