buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
April 26th, 2012 at 5:25:17 PM permalink
How can you be in love with a horse who took the last eight of a mile to make up a half length on the runner up. ?
To say nothing of the fact that it took the 1st and 2nd place horses the entire stretch to finish a length ahead of
a 42 to 1 ,who had only a half-length lead entering the stretch. I will take even money Creative Cause does not finish
1, 2, 3 .....
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
April 26th, 2012 at 5:25:29 PM permalink
How can you be in love with a horse who took the last eight of a mile to make up a half length on the runner up. ?
To say nothing of the fact that it took the 1st and 2nd place horses the entire stretch to finish a length ahead of
a 42 to 1 ,who had only a half-length lead entering the stretch. I will take even money Creative Cause does not finish
1, 2, 3 .....
JW17
JW17
  • Threads: 8
April 26th, 2012 at 5:32:07 PM permalink
Buzz, I respect you opinion.

First of all Creative Cause has finished in the money every start he has ever had.

Second please go look at all of the starters in the BC Juvinile race, remember he finished 3rd in that race, and Hanson wont get the distance, and Union Rags hasnt improved SO much as a 3 year old.

3rd, I believe that Creative Cause LOVES compitition, and is bread for the distance, he will have plenty of horses to pass in the stretch run, and he has the experience to get it done.

Of course, IMO
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
April 26th, 2012 at 5:36:09 PM permalink
" Gemologist beat Alpha, and that's it in the Wood. And Alpha has beat no one. Gemologist is probably the big wildcard in the race. I'm probably most worried about him beating me. "

Apha won both the Count Fleet and Withers. Gemologist won the Woof after a 4 and 1/2 Month layoff. Gemologist's race before that ,he won a G! Kentucky Jockey Club race at some little track called Churchill Downs.

A fresh horse, a GI win at Churchill, might just be the ticket this year !
JW17
JW17
April 26th, 2012 at 5:45:06 PM permalink
So I take it you like Gemologist?

He is good, but he wont win, I would make a wager that CC finishes in front of Gem
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
April 26th, 2012 at 5:46:39 PM permalink
Name it ! CC is just another California horse with no real edge, even there !
JW17
JW17
April 26th, 2012 at 5:54:11 PM permalink
"CC is just another California horse with no real edge"

Most years I would agree with you, BUT CC has ran on the churchill dirt, been running on the dirt at SA. He likes the dirt and can get the distance.

2 real wild cards with me as follows, just worked at "pollywood" could mean nothing, but still Poly. Harrington, he is a fabulous sprint trainer, this distance not so much. BUTthis horse is too good.

As for "Name it!" Im not sure if wagers are allowed and do not want to break any rules, but how about a nice bottle of wine/scotch/box of cigars. Or a plain old beer my friend.

Me im a beer and cigar type of guy.
JW17
JW17
April 26th, 2012 at 5:54:23 PM permalink
"CC is just another California horse with no real edge"

Most years I would agree with you, BUT CC has ran on the churchill dirt, been running on the dirt at SA. He likes the dirt and can get the distance.

2 real wild cards with me as follows, just worked at "pollywood" could mean nothing, but still Poly. Harrington, he is a fabulous sprint trainer, this distance not so much. BUTthis horse is too good.

As for "Name it!" Im not sure if wagers are allowed and do not want to break any rules, but how about a nice bottle of wine/scotch/box of cigars. Or a plain old beer my friend.

Me im a beer and cigar type of guy.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
April 26th, 2012 at 6:14:23 PM permalink
A beer and a cigar it is. I am a WC Fields sort of guy .

W. C. Fields I never smoked a cigar in my life until I was nine.
JW17
JW17
April 26th, 2012 at 6:48:53 PM permalink
Ill PM you when the race is over to get your address if needed.

BTW Im a Colorado boy myself, grew up in Colorado Springs. Now Im an Arizona boy, being retired, it looks like this is where you should be.

• Jump to: