ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
December 20th, 2010 at 2:20:45 AM permalink
So I was playing craps a couple hours ago and surrounded by idiots. People placing the 8 for $5 (even after the dealer corrected them), betting $10-20 on a field that only pays 2:1 on the 2/12 every roll, hopping random numbers that came to his mind that paid 30 for 1 every roll, and finally after all that random crap arguing with the dealers about whether stuff was on/off every other roll (not decision, roll) while not having any odds whatsoever. As you can see this really annoyed me since it slowed the game down significantly and... well... idiocy just rubs me the wrong way lol.

Now to the compliment. I was playing pretty conservatively, taking 2-3x odds and placing the 6/8 for one unit and pressing every other roll about. The dealer then ask me: "Do you deal, you seem to be playing pretty smoothly." I understand that this is just a single sentence, but it made me feel good especially during a bad session.

Since I feel required to share my session: I bought in for $200 and cashed out at $140, which was amazing since I was down to $20 at one point.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 20th, 2010 at 2:28:58 AM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

The dealer then ask me: "Do you deal, you seem to be playing pretty smoothly." I understand that this is just a single sentence, but it made me feel good especially during a bad session.

Reminds me of the line in Vegas Vacation where Chevy Chase is giving a lecture on BJ and the girl next to him says "Are you a professional?" He then loses $300 in 2 minutes.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
December 20th, 2010 at 2:43:40 AM permalink

So I was playing craps a couple hours ago and surrounded by idiots.
I bought in for $200 and cashed out at $140, which was amazing since I was down to $20 at one point.

I don't know how long it took you to get down to that 20 dollar low point or how long it took you to climb back upwards from it, but congratulations on having done well. Sure it would have been nice to have cashed out at a profit but a sixty dollar loss is atleast a victory over Gambler's Ruin.
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
December 21st, 2010 at 2:50:00 PM permalink

Now to the compliment. I was playing pretty conservatively, taking 2-3x odds and placing the 6/8 for one unit and pressing every other roll about. The dealer then ask me: "Do you deal, you seem to be playing pretty smoothly." I understand that this is just a single sentence, but it made me feel good especially during a bad session.

I had a dealer at Eldorado in Reno ask me that once...Jeeze are people who plays craps at the Tourist Traps...THAT stupid??? (I was doing similar 2x odds with placing 6/8)
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
December 21st, 2010 at 3:06:02 PM permalink
Haha I was having people make fun of me for -always- doing the exact same thing. Unfortunately throwing two bucks on the point's hardway has become second nature to me now. Those goddamn hardways are just too much fun :(.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
  • Jump to: