Dredogol
Dredogol
  • Threads: 4
April 9th, 2016 at 8:08:20 AM permalink
Okay... so I've been playing craps for a good 5+ months now, and I've pumped in roughly 20k in bets, and only lost about $600 in total so far... which is pretty good if you ask me. I've gotten pretty good at reading how the dice roll and seeing the current patterns, and deciding on which strategy to play to ensure a positive win for the short session. So far... I haven't lost the past 10+ games (small winnings)... so I'm hoping to break even in a few months as long as my reading stays accurate, and I don't get too aggressive with my bets.

Now...
I played Sic-Bo the first time earlier this week... first time, played 6,7,8 and 13,14,15 because the numbers on the board were almost always landing on those spots.
I ended up walking away with $250 that night in about 15 minutes... I was happy.

Came back 2 days later... I was up $65 at craps... walk down the aisle to see Sic-Bo open... hey, lets try my luck again... oh-noes!
See the board was hitting the inner most numbers the most (low-pay).
I bet like I did last time... ended up losing $265... down $200 for the day in roughly 30 minutes.
Boy was I dumb...

Now... I know in Sic-Bo, the best odds are Big/Small (my table doesn't have even/odd)... so I should have played that since the higher pay-out ones were not hitting at all... I saw the Small numbers were hitting the most too before/during my session.

Just wondering how you guys play Sic-Bo.
Do you read how the board is playing before you bet a certain way... or do you always bet the same way?
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
April 9th, 2016 at 9:07:05 AM permalink
It doesn't matter how the board is playing , each roll is totally independent of whatever happened over the last ten year or ten rolls
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
April 9th, 2016 at 2:09:04 PM permalink
My strategy is not to play.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
MrGoldenSun
MrGoldenSun
  • Threads: 3
April 11th, 2016 at 7:40:28 AM permalink
Quote: Dredogol

Okay... so I've been playing craps for a good 5+ months now, and I've pumped in roughly 20k in bets, and only lost about $600 in total so far... which is pretty good if you ask me.

It's 3%, so more than double the expected loss if you were to bet $20k worth of pass line and nothing else except odds. You should play and have fun however you want, and I don't know which bets you make, but it doesn't seem like a particularly good result to me from a pure dollar perspective.

Quote:

I've gotten pretty good at reading how the dice roll and seeing the current patterns, and deciding on which strategy to play to ensure a positive win for the short session

Again, have fun, but trying to read patterns is not a winning plan.
  • Jump to: