Shandycandy762
Shandycandy762
  • Threads: 1
April 2nd, 2015 at 7:56:32 PM permalink
I have two questions.
1) local bars in my area have been offering free bingo. Each player gets a pack of 10 cards, 1 card is in play for each individual round (per person). It seems to me that if one card wins a round they also win a later round. I was trying to tell my boyfriend it's pure chance but we have played several times and this seems to be a reoccurrence. Is it probable that a pack of cards is going to win multiple times? I mean cards are generated at random and numbers are picked at random, so is it just luck? It also seems that larger groups have these cards. Out of our 7 games so far one table has won 5 times. One girl won twice, one guy twice and another girl once. I told my boyfriend if we had a group we would be more likely to win like that because our group has a larger selection of players, but it goes back to how does a 10 card pack have multiple winners?
2)The probability that any given card will have a coverall with 54 calls is combin(51,30)/combin(75,54). I understand the denominator but how is the numerator calculated, 51 choose 30?

Thanks
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
April 2nd, 2015 at 8:03:46 PM permalink
Quote: Shandycandy762

2)The probability that any given card will have a coverall with 54 calls is combin(51,30)/combin(75,54). I understand the denominator but how is the numerator calculated, 51 choose 30?

Imagine your 24 numbers are red balls and the other 51 are white. 54 balls will be drawn, and you win if they include all 24 of the red ones.

The number is the number of ways to draw 24 red and 30 white balls. There's only one way to draw 24 red balls out of 24, and there are combin(51,30) to draw 30 white balls out of the 51 that are there.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
May 27th, 2015 at 5:43:33 PM permalink
Is there a general overall average house edge for bingo? How about for just the basic game without all the bling?
I'm trying to convince dear friends that the game is not too good a proposition.
waasnoday
waasnoday
  • Threads: 3
May 29th, 2015 at 5:04:26 PM permalink
The Wizard has a calculator at the Odds site. Here is the link https://wizardofodds.com/games/bingo/

This game always reminds me of my grandmother. Not going to say this game is winner financially but the social entertainment value was pretty darn good. Was surprised this was offered in Vegas. My tribe's bingo hall population definitely dropped with the advent of Table Games and Slots but we still do have it and I think most people go for the social interaction.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
May 29th, 2015 at 6:44:29 PM permalink
Does anybody else live somewhere where they have a giveaway (well, it's a nickel an issue where I live) newspaper called the Bingo Bulge - er, Bingo Bugle? All it is is a bunch of "articles" that are really ads for upcoming Bingo games in the area, along with a few actual ads for - you guessed it - upcoming Bingo games in the area (and not necessarily different from the ones in the print articles).
  • Jump to: