Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
June 1st, 2013 at 7:22:35 PM permalink
Here is my analysis of the latest U1 game, Redneck keno. As always, I welcome all comments, corrections, and questions.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
June 3rd, 2013 at 6:19:45 AM permalink
Sorry, but I have to tell a joke...

What did god do to prevent Adam and Eve from gambling?

He took away their pair o' dice.
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
June 3rd, 2013 at 7:48:09 AM permalink
"Combined Catches if First Two Horseshoes Result in One Gold Catch" paytable shows 0 for all of the pays.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
June 3rd, 2013 at 9:04:06 AM permalink
Does a portion of the population find the term, "Redneck" offensive? No one in America would name their game, "Redskin Keno", or "Ginger Keno".

Is the term more akin to the socially acceptable, "White Collar" or "Blue Collar"?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
June 3rd, 2013 at 9:21:43 AM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Does a portion of the population find the term, "Redneck" offensive? No one in America would name their game, "Redskin Keno", or "Ginger Keno".

Is the term more akin to the socially acceptable, "White Collar" or "Blue Collar"?

I think there is a population that embraces and self-applies the term proudly.
Vote for Nobody 2020!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
June 3rd, 2013 at 10:44:15 AM permalink
Quote: miplet

"Combined Catches if First Two Horseshoes Result in One Gold Catch" paytable shows 0 for all of the pays.

Thanks; just fixed it.

Does a portion of the population find the term, "Redneck" offensive?

Isn't there also a Redneck slot machine, based on the "you might be a redneck if..." jokes? I think that is one of those terms where the tone and context determine if it is offensive or not. It would seem to be fine for self-professed rednecks to call other rednecks by that term.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
June 3rd, 2013 at 10:58:01 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Thanks; just fixed it.

Isn't there also a Redneck slot machine, based on the "you might be a redneck if..." jokes? I think that is one of those terms where the tone and context determine if it is offensive or not. It would seem to be fine for self-professed rednecks to call other rednecks by that term.

I believe Aristocrat released those Jeff Foxworthy slot machines about 10 years ago.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
June 3rd, 2013 at 11:50:28 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I believe Aristocrat released those Jeff Foxworthy slot machines about 10 years ago.

Bally also has a Progressive slot machine called Hee-Haw that is very similar to Quick Hits.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
  • Threads: 36
June 3rd, 2013 at 12:03:29 PM permalink

Ginger might be offensive to few but not to any redhead I know that laugh at it and thinks the South Park about ginger souls is their favorite. Penn U did a study about the Washington Redskins in the 2000's that showed that 89% of Native Americans either support or do not care about the use of Washington Redskins as an NFL team.

I grew up down south and then spent five years in the Black Hills of SD. If you called virtually any of those good people that fall under the "You might be a redneck" stereotype a redneck they would surely agree with you or poke fun back at you for being a city boy.

This country needs to stop being so sensitive, but that is an entirely different discussion.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
June 3rd, 2013 at 12:26:25 PM permalink
I grew up in the pacific northwest, and I consider entire states to be redneck... in a derogatory but not really offensive (moreso funny) way. My officemate is from southern Alabama and it's an offensive term down there. It's all about usage and culture.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
  • Jump to: