FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 9th, 2012 at 5:04:48 AM permalink
Most succinct statement related to Internet Poker Rake issues:
From Stiffs and Georges: If Caesars Entetainment really plans to use Internet poker rake to dig itself of its LBO hole, it won’t have a big enough shovel.
Pokeraddict
Pokeraddict
  • Threads: 36
March 11th, 2012 at 8:21:12 PM permalink
The regulations only allow for a 10% rake. Currently most online poker rooms only charge 5% up to $3 so assume it will be more in that area. Considering the tiny Nevada market, and the lack of even a second state passing it to network to, a few online poker tables are not going to help CET dig out of $19.5 billion in debt. I'm tempted to buy way out of the money, way in the future puts on CZR. As 2015 gets closer, a lot of debt will begin to mature. It could get ugly.
Tiltpoul
Tiltpoul
  • Threads: 32
March 12th, 2012 at 4:54:17 AM permalink
There is 0% chance that Caesars can make up a significant portion of their debt by raking online poker. First, if you rake it too high, then some players won't play based on that fact alone. Second, while there are a lot of professionals who do live in Nevada, most are going to want endorsement deals to play. Caesars is unlikely to pay the kind of money to get that publicity. Think about it: OTHER THAN THE WSOP, they barely scratch the top five most popular poker rooms (with Caesars, coming in fifth, behind Bellagio, Venetian, Wynn and Aria). When I've been there, they weren't even spreading that high of a game that would attract professionals.

That's not to say they couldn't have success with it. The startup is relatively low, and with the exception of monitoring games and live support, it's relatively cheap to operate. But I agree that this isn't the panacea to their woes.
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
  • Jump to: