• Threads: 190
July 13th, 2020 at 6:25:21 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

The thing is all over the place
unreliable. People are staying
away in droves. Some hands
get no bets at all, and you
never see that.

that sounds pretty random to me... but i will always believe someone when they say they think something funny is going on
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
  • Threads: 29
October 26th, 2020 at 9:27:58 AM permalink
I won some sports bets this weekend and I'm having trouble cashing out. I cant figure out a way to contact Bovada other than an email that may take 48 hours to respond. Is there any sort of customer chat support or a different route to take? Or do I need more patience?
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 51
October 26th, 2020 at 10:30:09 AM permalink
I logged in, scrolled to the bottom and clicked Help Center, then Financial, then "Did you find what you were looking for?" > No, and then there's a Chat option.

The site says they had to discontinue phone support because of Covid.
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
October 26th, 2020 at 11:22:10 AM permalink
Thanks Michael. When I tried the first time it was a bot and I guess I wasn't clicking the right prompts. I was more persistent this time and the bot got me to a live agent. (just fyi this may help someone.... I deposited using coinbase, but I needed to set up a blockchain account to withdraw funds. The bitcoin from Bovada goes to blockchain, then I can send to coinbase from blockchain.)
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
October 26th, 2020 at 3:13:40 PM permalink
Quote: Beardgoat

I deposited using coinbase, but I needed to set up a blockchain account to withdraw funds. The bitcoin from Bovada goes to blockchain, then I can send to coinbase from blockchain.)

What do you mean you needed to set up a blockchain account? Surely you just tell Coinbase you want to receive some bitcoin: Coinbase gives you a receiving address to give to Bovada: Bovada sent your BTC to that address. Hey presto, the funds are in the BTC account section of your coinbase account. Keep them there or convert to fiat, or spend them as you see fit.

Not that the BTC ever need to go to coinbase, unless you want to sell or transact them through Coinbase's expensive platform.
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
October 26th, 2020 at 3:42:44 PM permalink
I thought I could just send from bovada to coinbase as well. I send from americas card room right to coinbase. But for some reason I could not on bovada. Chat support said I needed to have a blockchain address for the bitcoin withdrawal. I don't understand the middle man usage, but as soon as I submitted a withdrawal with a blockchain address, the request was completed and approved in a couple of hours.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Thanks for this post from:
MichaelBluejay
October 27th, 2020 at 2:32:25 AM permalink
Quote: Beardgoat

I thought I could just send from bovada to coinbase as well. I send from americas card room right to coinbase. But for some reason I could not on bovada. Chat support said I needed to have a blockchain address for the bitcoin withdrawal. I don't understand the middle man usage, but as soon as I submitted a withdrawal with a blockchain address, the request was completed and approved in a couple of hours.

When you say blockchain address and blockchain account, what do you mean? I.e. how did you set up such a thing? Did you sign up or enroll with some organisation, or did you use some software? Blockchain isnt an organisation that you set up accounts with.
There are different BTC address types, beginning with 1 or 3. and not all services are compatible with both types, though that is rare. Was it that?
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
Beardgoat
Beardgoat
MichaelBluejay
October 27th, 2020 at 9:42:57 AM permalink
Blockchain is a crypto wallet, like coinbase. blockchain.com
kuma
kuma
  • Threads: 1
MichaelBluejay
October 27th, 2020 at 1:46:38 PM permalink
There have been reports that if Coinbase, or any other exchange, recognizes that you are sending/receiving BTC to/from gambling sites, they will shut down your account with no appeals process. I do not completely understand this stuff, but apparently there are ways for them to figure out, after enough transactions, where the BTC is going to/coming from. The suggestion is to open a blockchain.com wallet and have the BTC flow through there as an intermediate site both ways. It is a little bit of a hassle, but does not add any expense, in my experience.

• Jump to: