98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
April 12th, 2014 at 6:07:00 AM permalink
What is the status of this variant? Should one expect anything $2, $5, $10?
It would be interesting to compare US-based (NV NJ) to "international" sites.

Schedules get buried in the Software "Lobby". Best I can say is b4 UIGEA, there were several 2-5-10 tournies at places like P* with decent small populations of 200-400/tourny.
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
April 12th, 2014 at 7:53:08 AM permalink
Quote: 98Clubs

What is the status of this variant? Should one expect anything $2, $5, $10?
It would be interesting to compare US-based (NV NJ) to "international" sites.

Schedules get buried in the Software "Lobby". Best I can say is b4 UIGEA, there were several 2-5-10 tournies at places like P* with decent small populations of 200-400/tourny.

They are still around but they are tougher to come by now. Like you said you used to be able to play mid sized tournaments but now that everyone is getting spread out to various sites you are seeing 30-50 people sizes. I haven't played in about 6 months though so my info might be a little dated.

In Western PA this live game as also pretty much died. It is my favorite poker game by far but it just doesn't seem like it will ever catch on.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 12th, 2014 at 8:10:41 AM permalink
I used to play this a lot, particularly before the UIGEA. My sickest "read" probably came from it too. I check/called quad 2's on the river on a K22 2 K board in a heads up match facing 3 pot bets (i stupidly slowplayed the quads on the turn I guess). Only way I would have lost less is to fold.

My biggest live loss also game from a PLO/PLO8 split game in STL. I couldn't hit anything, and got busted while being about a 90% favorite all-in. It still runs today, and the players weren't that great, but I really don't have the money to play 1-2-5.

Unfortunately, I'm out of the loop currently with regards to online tourneys.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
April 12th, 2014 at 9:19:07 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

I used to play this a lot, particularly before the UIGEA. My sickest "read" probably came from it too. I check/called quad 2's on the river on a K22 2 K board in a heads up match facing 3 pot bets (i stupidly slowplayed the quads on the turn I guess). Only way I would have lost less is to fold.

My biggest live loss also game from a PLO/PLO8 split game in STL. I couldn't hit anything, and got busted while being about a 90% favorite all-in. It still runs today, and the players weren't that great, but I really don't have the money to play 1-2-5.

Unfortunately, I'm out of the loop currently with regards to online tourneys.

Oh I have taken a few huge losses too. We were all in pre flop after a bunch of raises. I had A A 23 double suited and lost to something rediculous like 8899
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
April 13th, 2014 at 11:26:36 PM permalink
Yah, thats poker. Same here too AK26 two suited... got raised twice, Shove... lose.

I tended to stay away from cash-rings dime/quarter my usual venue when I did.
30-50 population just ain't makin it. IMHO SitnGo taking a lot out of tournies in general.
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
April 14th, 2014 at 8:22:13 AM permalink
Quote: 98Clubs

Yah, thats poker. Same here too AK26 two suited... got raised twice, Shove... lose.

I tended to stay away from cash-rings dime/quarter my usual venue when I did.
30-50 population just ain't makin it. IMHO SitnGo taking a lot out of tournies in general.

Sadly I thought quarter PLO8 was pretty tough at Stars the last few years before Black Friday. Probably means I wasn't good...lol I slowly became a triple draw and badugi addict instead, which I was at least breaking even after rake, maybe even making some bucks.
  • Jump to: