Malaru
Malaru
Joined: Mar 22, 2010
  • Threads: 79
  • Posts: 274
April 6th, 2010 at 8:40:37 PM permalink
Is it just me or does the sound of offering "live blackjack" on online casions just BEG for card counting?? I know some online casinos offer it and Ive seen feeds of the live dealers using shoes.

ANyone got any information about how possible this is??
"Although men flatter themselves with their great actions, they are not so often the result of a great design as of chance." - Francois De La Rochefoucauld
FootofGod
FootofGod
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 66
April 6th, 2010 at 8:45:39 PM permalink
I would ASSUME, being in the business of making money and having the assets to do so, they have thought this through once or twice. I'm sure they will boot you for counting cards, just like anywhere else, if they catch you, which seems like it would be ridiculously easier in an online environment.
shortow
shortow
Joined: Nov 7, 2010
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 8
November 7th, 2010 at 1:58:47 PM permalink
Quote: Malaru

Is it just me or does the sound of offering "live blackjack" on online casions just BEG for card counting?? I know some online casinos offer it and Ive seen feeds of the live dealers using shoes.

ANyone got any information about how possible this is??



You can count all you want but it won't be too effective. Most platforms deal from an 8 deck shoe with re-shuffles after around 4 decks. Unless you know a counting strategy that works with that sort of shallow penetration its a waste of time.

hope that helps
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1260
  • Posts: 20759
November 7th, 2010 at 4:40:10 PM permalink
At 5dimes they have a 6-deck shoe and penetration is at 75%. I haven't played it, but these would be ripe rules for counting, considering you could use a computer and they probably don't watch for counters.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
mkl654321
mkl654321
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3412
November 7th, 2010 at 4:48:45 PM permalink
Quote: FootofGod

I would ASSUME, being in the business of making money and having the assets to do so, they have thought this through once or twice. I'm sure they will boot you for counting cards, just like anywhere else, if they catch you, which seems like it would be ridiculously easier in an online environment.



Why would they bother to boot you? They would just alter the outcomes of all your double downs. If the dealer had a hard 17, you get a 3 on your 11. For variety, you get a face card on your hard 10 double down, but the dealer makes a five-card 21. Decrease the number of blackjacks dealt to you from 1 in 21 to 1 in 23. All simple, smooth, subtle, and COMPLETELY undetectable. Our counter hero would dump his entire bankroll before he even SUSPECTED what had hit him (i.e., he wouldn't be able to tell the difference between being cheated and variance).

In fact, I think I just had a great moneymaking idea. Single deck! 3:2! Double on any two! Split and resplit! Come to mkl's virtual casino and win win win win win! (And since we're based on Sand Crab Island, where the only law is that administered by The Big Mango, it's not like if you figured out that I'm cheating you, you'd be able to do anything about it.)
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1260
  • Posts: 20759
November 7th, 2010 at 6:32:13 PM permalink
I decided to play a little live blackjack at 5dimes in the interests of researching this topic. Here are the full rules:

6 decks.
Cut card placed that the 75% point.
One burn card at the beginning of the shoe, and one with every dealer change, which occur every 30 minutes.
Dealer stands on soft 17.
Double after split allowed.
Surrender allowed (I assume late).
Resplitting aces not allowed.
No hole card, but player loses original bet only to dealer blackjack.
Bet ranges: $5-$250, $10-$250, or $25-$500

I bit off topic, but the other players were extremly rude, to each other, the dealer, and the supervisor. Here is an exchange after I doubled a soft 18 against a 5. I (karmanghia) won and TC347 lost.

TC347: yes faggot
TC347: 10 plz
TC347: 10 plz
karmanghia: You guys should be gentlemen then.
TC347: :(
TC347: gonnerhia
TC347: plz leave
TC347: who doubles on an 18
TC347: u fucking cocksucker
TC347: u took her 10 and she didn't bust
TC347: you dumb mother fucker
karmanghia: As long as I win.
** bonada has left the chat **
TC347: leave cocksucker
TC347: fag
TC347: fucking retard
TC347: leave u dumb bitch
TC347: $5 faggot ass bet
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
shortow
shortow
Joined: Nov 7, 2010
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 8
November 7th, 2010 at 6:37:20 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

At 5dimes they have a 6-deck shoe and penetration is at 75%. I haven't played it, but these would be ripe rules for counting, considering you could use a computer and they probably don't watch for counters.



I'd be very surprised if actual insertion was 75% in. They do say approximately and I would bet that in practice it's extremely approximate...like closer to 50%.

I'll record a deal and see where the cut card come out...stay tuned
mkl654321
mkl654321
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3412
November 7th, 2010 at 6:38:16 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I decided to play a little live blackjack at 5dimes in the interests of researching this topic. Here are the full rules:
TC347: leave cocksucker
TC347: fag
TC347: fucking retard
TC347: leave u dumb bitch
TC347: $5 faggot ass bet



Was JerryLogan one of the players, perchance?
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1260
  • Posts: 20759
November 7th, 2010 at 6:47:17 PM permalink
Quote: shortow

I'd be very surprised if actual insertion was 75% in. They do say approximately and I would bet that in practice it's extremely approximate...like closer to 50%.

I'll record a deal and see where the cut card come out...stay tuned



I shall stay tuned. However, I sat through two or three shuffles, and it looked like about 75% to me. I suppose one could actually count the number of cards, but these games go very slowly.

Quote: mkl654321

Was JerryLogan one of the players, perchance?



I don't think so. Jerry at least has a better vocabulary.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
teddys
teddys
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5444
November 7th, 2010 at 7:48:48 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

*expletive conversation*

Sounds like my local casino!
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4

  • Jump to: