Thread Rating:

AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22278
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
January 10th, 2024 at 6:03:32 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: AZDuffman

It appears that several bitcoin ETFs have been approved. The next phase in crypto now begins.
link to original post


I am not a proponent ]

Define what you mean by that.

I rarely speculate on Crypto, but I have bought at close to various lows(BTC) believing it was a good deal. I'm a proponent that it's a valuable tool for the right people.I'm pro BTC and want it to succeed.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11008
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
January 11th, 2024 at 7:16:08 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: AZDuffman

It appears that several bitcoin ETFs have been approved. The next phase in crypto now begins.
link to original post



I would expect that it will go up at least $10,000 in the next 30 days or so. I am not a proponent of crypto but for those of you that like to speculate, this might be a good time.
link to original post



I invested in a Bitcoin ETF for a few days maybe 5 years ago? Grayscale I think? Is there some new law that changed from when I owned that?

EditÖ. Maybe it was a mutual fund, not an ETF, but does that even matter?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 13956
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
January 11th, 2024 at 11:46:32 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: DRich

Quote: AZDuffman

It appears that several bitcoin ETFs have been approved. The next phase in crypto now begins.
link to original post



I would expect that it will go up at least $10,000 in the next 30 days or so. I am not a proponent of crypto but for those of you that like to speculate, this might be a good time.
link to original post



I invested in a Bitcoin ETF for a few days maybe 5 years ago? Grayscale I think? Is there some new law that changed from when I owned that?

EditÖ. Maybe it was a mutual fund, not an ETF, but does that even matter?
link to original post



What matters is they will be on an exchange. Regulated. Sec rules and reporting. You can lose money but not your actual coins. And institutions have a more clear path to invest.

It sounds like you invested on a crypto exchange of some sort.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
BTLWI
BTLWI
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 454
Joined: Nov 6, 2013
January 20th, 2024 at 12:06:38 AM permalink
Grayscale is a trust. People are transferring out of GBTC into ETFs because of fees.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 7477
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
March 10th, 2024 at 1:54:53 AM permalink
Just a few moments ago

BTC = 69929 USD
+1466
+2.14%

Will we see $70k (again?) today? My guess is yes. Just random noise should see it hit that.

Next stop 80k or 60k ?
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 11720
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
March 10th, 2024 at 5:47:03 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Just a few moments ago

BTC = 69929 USD
+1466
+2.14%

Will we see $70k (again?) today? My guess is yes. Just random noise should see it hit that.

Next stop 80k or 60k ?
link to original post



Next month we will have another Bitcoin Halving. It will be interesting to see if that has any short term affects.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 13956
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
March 10th, 2024 at 7:42:07 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Just a few moments ago

BTC = 69929 USD
+1466
+2.14%

Will we see $70k (again?) today? My guess is yes. Just random noise should see it hit that.

Next stop 80k or 60k ?
link to original post




Might break $70 but I do not think it happens until Asia wakes up.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 698
Joined: Apr 27, 2012
March 10th, 2024 at 3:20:50 PM permalink
I think bitcoin rise preceded the having event in April. I canít see too much increase but down the road yes it is on its way to 100000
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 7477
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
March 10th, 2024 at 5:14:14 PM permalink
Quote: vegas

I think bitcoin rise preceded the having event in April. I canít see too much increase but down the road yes it is on its way to 100000
link to original post

There was a hard ceiling at about 69950 today. I think that when it breaches 70,000 it will tear ahead easily to 72500 or much more.

We'll see.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
  • Posts: 4788
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
March 10th, 2024 at 5:45:44 PM permalink
It Started: The Great Crash (Black Monday 2.0) Begins in 32 Hours


The Bank Term Funding Program ends tomorrow, there's hundreds of billions left outstanding that banks lean on, previously over a trillion.
For all those 2008 buffs listening to Jim Cramer:
The Bank Term Funding Program was created to support American businesses. Banks will continue to have ready access to the discount window to meet liquidity needs. The Federal Reserve, the US central bank is terminating the bank term funding program (BTFP) on March 11.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 13956
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
March 11th, 2024 at 2:32:18 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: OnceDear

Just a few moments ago

BTC = 69929 USD
+1466
+2.14%

Will we see $70k (again?) today? My guess is yes. Just random noise should see it hit that.

Next stop 80k or 60k ?
link to original post




Might break $70 but I do not think it happens until Asia wakes up.
link to original post



SITYS!
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 7477
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
March 11th, 2024 at 3:19:13 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: OnceDear

Just a few moments ago

BTC = 69929 USD
+1466
+2.14%

Will we see $70k (again?) today? My guess is yes. Just random noise should see it hit that.

Next stop 80k or 60k ?
link to original post




Might break $70 but I do not think it happens until Asia wakes up.
link to original post



SITYS!
link to original post



71685USD
+2659
+3.85%
As of today at 10:11 UTC

The ceiling has been broken convincingly. A short pause for breath before $75k. Then profit taking to see a serious retrenchment.

Amusingly the top three opinions on Tradingview are super bearish, but there 'gauges' are all saying 'strong buy'

https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/BTCUSD/

The bears are regrouping while the bulls run riot
Last edited by: OnceDear on Mar 11, 2024
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 13956
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
March 11th, 2024 at 4:39:43 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: OnceDear

Just a few moments ago

BTC = 69929 USD
+1466
+2.14%

Will we see $70k (again?) today? My guess is yes. Just random noise should see it hit that.

Next stop 80k or 60k ?
link to original post




Might break $70 but I do not think it happens until Asia wakes up.
link to original post



SITYS!
link to original post



71685USD
+2659
+3.85%
As of today at 10:11 UTC

The ceiling has been broken convincingly. A short pause for breath before $75k. Then profit taking to see a serious retrenchment.

Amusingly the top three opinions on Tradingview are super bearish, but there 'gauges' are all saying 'strong buy'

https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/BTCUSD/

The bears are regrouping while the bulls run riot
link to original post



Itís in a halving uptrend. The pattern lately is it goes up a little Saturday and Sunday as most of the world is on weekend. Asia wakes up while the USA sleeps and buys heavy. Europe and USA follow so it goes up non and tues. Then it drifts about. Then it repeats.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 7477
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
March 11th, 2024 at 5:19:54 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman



Itís in a halving uptrend. The pattern lately is it goes up a little Saturday and Sunday as most of the world is on weekend. Asia wakes up while the USA sleeps and buys heavy. Europe and USA follow so it goes up non and tues. Then it drifts about. Then it repeats.
link to original post



I'd love to believe that it could be so predictable. It would be the greatest system since Martingale. $;o)
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 7477
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
March 11th, 2024 at 5:26:54 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

It Started: The Great Crash (Black Monday 2.0) Begins in 32 Hours
The Bank Term Funding Program ends tomorrow, there's hundreds of billions left outstanding that banks lean on, previously over a trillion.
For all those 2008 buffs listening to Jim Cramer:
The Bank Term Funding Program was created to support American businesses. Banks will continue to have ready access to the discount window to meet liquidity needs. The Federal Reserve, the US central bank is terminating the bank term funding program (BTFP) on March 11.
link to original post



How far off topic are you going to get CC? Does the guy even mention Bitcoin in his advert?
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
  • Posts: 4788
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
March 11th, 2024 at 11:55:50 AM permalink
He mentioned bitcoin going up 40% during some financial downturn but I'd have to rewatch the video, but bitcoin didn't exist in 2008. I see nothing of a Black Monday on the markets today despite the internet ballyhoo floating about beforehand. But the banks losing their discount window may show up on their balance sheets by their quarterly reports next month, or when the ATMs have no cash this month.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 11720
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
March 11th, 2024 at 12:47:23 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

He mentioned bitcoin going up 40% during some financial downturn but I'd have to rewatch the video, but bitcoin didn't exist in 2008. I see nothing of a Black Monday on the markets today despite the internet ballyhoo floating about beforehand. But the banks losing their discount window may show up on their balance sheets by their quarterly reports next month, or when the ATMs have no cash this month.
link to original post



I believe Bitcoin was invented in 2008.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
  • Posts: 4788
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
March 11th, 2024 at 12:50:34 PM permalink
Google factoid: Based on a free market ideology, bitcoin was invented in 2008 by Satoshi Nakamoto, an unknown person. Use of bitcoin as a currency began in 2009, with the release of its open-source implementation. In 2021, El Salvador adopted it as legal tender.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 13956
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
March 11th, 2024 at 1:35:55 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Quote: AZDuffman



Itís in a halving uptrend. The pattern lately is it goes up a little Saturday and Sunday as most of the world is on weekend. Asia wakes up while the USA sleeps and buys heavy. Europe and USA follow so it goes up non and tues. Then it drifts about. Then it repeats.
link to original post



I'd love to believe that it could be so predictable. It would be the greatest system since Martingale. $;o)
link to original post



It isn't perfect, but I missed out the cashout and rebuy the last three times. Not missing it again.

Speaking of martingale, I worked a benefit last weekend. Weird prize ticket payoff so they did some weird betting. Guy needed to get to 51 chips to get a second prize entry. Bets 2, bets 4, etc. Kind of thinking he just invented fire. Lost his stack, 5 or so losses in a row (BJ). As he left I asked if he knew what martingale was. He did not. Told him to google it.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22278
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
March 11th, 2024 at 2:18:59 PM permalink
Bill, Bob, Bitcoin, Beanie Baby.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 1843
Joined: Feb 12, 2010
April 6th, 2024 at 7:38:05 AM permalink
Looks like there is some heavy-duty legal liability troubles for Bitcoin touters Cuban, Brady, and others if the courts rule that BC is an "investment contract." Folks are seeking millions in restitution.

What say you, MDawg?

tuttigym
Fookistand
Fookistand
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1
Joined: Apr 12, 2024
April 12th, 2024 at 3:51:13 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Quote: mcallister3200

I do not understand the appeal of a currency that guarantees that a government can theoretically track every cent you have and how you spend it.




assuming a person is not intending on evading taxes:

why would the Government care if you bought a car with your Bitcoin profits?
why would you care if the Government knows you bought a car?

as long as you don't use it to buy large amounts of heroin on the web - or tech and ship it to Iran
who cares?

if the Government is tracking this stuff - other than for tax purposes - they're going to have records of trillions of purchases
trivial info

unless a person believes the Government is evil and has some evil scheme to use this info in some strange way there is no reason to care

I just bought a TV - if I bought it with Bitcoin should I care if the Government knows this....?
link to original post

You make a valid point. For honest citizens, the government tracking every transaction might not be a huge concern, especially for everyday purchases like a TV.

As a business owner who accept cryptocurrency payments , I've noticed a growing interest in crypto precisely because some people value privacy over complete transparency.

Ultimately, the choice of payment method is a personal one. But it's important to understand the different options and their potential benefits and drawbacks.
  • Jump to: