dickwilliams
dickwilliams
  • Threads: 4
March 23rd, 2010 at 7:19:48 PM permalink
Dear Wizard of Odds/Vegas,

I really enjoy your website, especially the blackjack trainer:

I find it relatively simple to memorize hard values, but soft values appear way too seldom for me to properly train for it. It would be great if you can add soft-only, splits-only and hard-only training modes so that more people can train for the basic strategy. I am more than happy to work with the source code if you are busy and don't mind me working on it. Thanks!
Kayday
Kayday
  • Threads: 3
March 24th, 2010 at 8:23:44 AM permalink
I had the same memory troubles and used the free site www.flashcardmachine.com to create a couple of flash card sets to help myself study.

You can look at what I did if you'd like. These aren't perfect or comprehensive, but you get the idea. All use the Wizard's strategy for 4-8 decks, dealer hits soft 17. My apologies for any errors.

Split hands

Soft hands 13-16

Above plus other hands

By the way, it's free to register and create your own flash cards. (They do accept donations.) The system is a little clunky but it works.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 24th, 2010 at 8:29:20 AM permalink
Quote: dickwilliams

Dear Wizard of Odds/Vegas,

I really enjoy your website, especially the blackjack trainer:

https://wizardofodds.com/play/blackjack/

I find it relatively simple to memorize hard values, but soft values appear way too seldom for me to properly train for it. It would be great if you can add soft-only, splits-only and hard-only training modes so that more people can train for the basic strategy. I am more than happy to work with the source code if you are busy and don't mind me working on it. Thanks!

Try www.hitorstand.net and set it to "difficult." I found this to be the most realistic way to train.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
boomdog
boomdog
  • Threads: 9
March 28th, 2010 at 3:03:07 PM permalink
AZDUFFMAN

I have tried hitorstand and I love it. One question on bonus round it wont give me my score. Am I missing something?
jpprovance
jpprovance
  • Threads: 22
March 29th, 2010 at 4:25:32 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Try www.hitorstand.net and set it to "difficult." I found this to be the most realistic way to train.

those incorrect due to no rule for doubling. must study the table piss me off so bad. what are you supposed to do on those?
  • Jump to: