Lovecomps
Lovecomps
  • Threads: 79
April 13th, 2019 at 6:45:12 PM permalink
Hi. I just stumbled onto an old show on Youtbe and the guest was a woman named R gamble. Has anyone outside the sho ever heard of her? After listening for a bit I still was wondering a few things about how she did her thing.

Card counting: Pretty obvious

Hole carding: It sounds to me like she was going from place to place end either finding a way to cheat or just looking for a crappy dealer that exposed his cards. If that's it, how can it even work? I'd think that a sloppy dealer like that would be spotted by his superiors before the players and canned. Also, wouldn't you, as a player, be giving yourself and the situation away in a microsecond when you were hitting hard 18's and making other crazy plays to avoid a loss that you knew was coming?

Poker: Does she play straight up or have a group of conspirators at the table it's her, playing as a single unit?
The best things in life are not free.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 13th, 2019 at 7:08:29 PM permalink
Quote: Lovecomps

Hi. I just stumbled onto an old show on Youtbe and the guest was a woman named R gamble. Has anyone outside the sho ever heard of her? After listening for a bit I still was wondering a few things about how she did her thing.

Card counting: Pretty obvious

Hole carding: It sounds to me like she was going from place to place end either finding a way to cheat or just looking for a crappy dealer that exposed his cards. If that's it, how can it even work? I'd think that a sloppy dealer like that would be spotted by his superiors before the players and canned. Also, wouldn't you, as a player, be giving yourself and the situation away in a microsecond when you were hitting hard 18's and making other crazy plays to avoid a loss that you knew was coming?

Poker: Does she play straight up or have a group of conspirators at the table it's her, playing as a single unit?

She is a member here but she goes under the male name of “Nathan”.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
April 13th, 2019 at 7:26:05 PM permalink
She's on Twitter.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
April 14th, 2019 at 7:36:17 AM permalink
Quote: Lovecomps

Then avoid making 'crazy' plays but make some plays that are not Basic Strategy but not crazy.
Don't double when you have 10 and dealer is showing a six when you know his undercard is a 4.
Split 3's when the dealers card is an 8 and you know his undercard is a 7.
Hit on 12 when dealer is showing a 4 and you know his undercard is a 5.
DONT hit hard 19 when you know dealer has 20.
DONT double soft 14 when dealer is showing a face and you know he has a 6 underneath.

You will turn EV markedly positive without announcing it to everyone.
LVJackal
LVJackal
  • Threads: 4
April 14th, 2019 at 9:05:08 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Then avoid making 'crazy' plays but make some plays that are not Basic Strategy but not crazy.
Don't double when you have 10 and dealer is showing a six when you know his undercard is a 4.
Split 3's when the dealers card is an 8 and you know his undercard is a 7.
Hit on 12 when dealer is showing a 4 and you know his undercard is a 5.
DONT hit hard 19 when you know dealer has 20.
DONT double soft 14 when dealer is showing a face and you know he has a 6 underneath.

You will turn EV markedly positive without announcing it to everyone.

Depends on what your goal when approaching the play is...
The team(s) RX played with tended to straight out nuke a game for as much as they could get.
By the end they were pretty well known and longevity was not a possibility.

Also played some of the highest limit poker here in Vegas.
Believe if I recall correctly, in an article she admitted to some backing.
Initially ran the table over and shot up quite a bit.
Think once her style and range(s) were deciphered she was unable to change gears and got mauled.

Either way, a person who went out and truly exploited any edge available, predominantly hole carding.
Traveled at least the country, if not the world and took home a nice amount of cash.
cyberbabble
cyberbabble
  • Threads: 2
April 14th, 2019 at 12:15:36 PM permalink
RXgamble interview on the Bob Dancer - Richard Munchkin podcast from Gambling with an Edge website.

http://slot-machine-resource.com/podcasts/rxgamble.mp3
http://slot-machine-resource.com/podcasts/rxgamble2.mp3
Lovecomps
Lovecomps
  • Threads: 79
April 15th, 2019 at 9:01:19 AM permalink
I'm still not understanding the poker answer. Was she playing with partners and playing the other stray people as suckers (remember, if you don't know who the sucker is than you're the sucker) or just playing on her own at the poker table?
The best things in life are not free.
  • Jump to: