Thanked by
DogHandChumpChange
July 1st, 2022 at 4:44:08 AM permalink
You should all have a nice laugh i think

ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
July 1st, 2022 at 6:47:12 AM permalink
Magnetic field strength and distance using a phone magnetometer: collect your own data. - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocIn_LzlAVQ

If Bubble Craps was magnetized, the magnetic field would be within the glass enclosure and not really measurable with a phone, unless other magnetic things in the slot machine make the phone read high magnetism, like a coin slot of machines from long ago. I notice the dealer in the OPs video had a switch to flip to turn on the magnet depending on who is throwing the dice. Now that is something the Bubble Craps could do undetected. It could favor other players who walked up to the machine with a new bet even though you're still shooting. During the 15 seconds the dice are bouncing around and they won't get off a 7 face up the whole time even though the dice are flipping around to different faces up, that kind of blows the North-South polarity question out the window. I don't really see the dice changing their landing based on any magnetism, but if it's really subtle, who knows?
Last edited by: ChumpChange on Jul 1, 2022
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
July 1st, 2022 at 7:53:19 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Magnetic field strength and distance using a phone magnetometer: collect your own data. - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocIn_LzlAVQ

If Bubble Craps was magnetized, the magnetic field would be within the glass enclosure and not really measurable with a phone, unless other magnetic things in the slot machine make the phone read high magnetism, like a coin slot of machines from long ago. I notice the dealer in the OPs video had a switch to flip to turn on the magnet depending on who is throwing the dice. Now that is something the Bubble Craps could do undetected. It could favor other players who walked up to the machine with a new bet even though you're still shooting. During the 15 seconds the dice are bouncing around and they won't get off a 7 face up the whole time even though the dice are flipping around to different faces up, that kind of blows the North-South polarity question out the window. I don't really see the dice changing their landing based on any magnetism, but if it's really subtle, who knows?
link to original post

I personally witnessed this incident at a Bubble Craps machine in Resorts World NYC.

The dice had landed against the corner cockeyed in such a way that one of the die became wedged.

The machine shut down as it detected the issue and we waited perhaps fifteen minutes for a technician to come. Not the regular slot techs. One of the internal mechanic guys.

He opened the seat in number one position. This was near enough that I could see somewhat what he was doing.

I assumed he would have to open the glass bubble to physically unwedge the die but he did not.

Instead he pushed a switch in the first position enclosure and the die jiggled ON IT OWN. The bubble floor did not shake it.

The die un-wedged itself.

I asked him what he did and he said there are chips in the die, each side so that the pips can be read by the computer and he can control the chips to make them vibrate individually.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 259
July 1st, 2022 at 8:02:33 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Quote: ChumpChange

link to original post

I personally witnessed this incident at a Bubble Craps machine in Resorts World NYC.

The dice had landed against the corner cockeyed in such a way that one of the die became wedged.

The machine shut down as it detected the issue and we waited perhaps fifteen minutes for a technician to come. Not the regular slot techs. One of the internal mechanic guys.

He opened the seat in number one position. This was near enough that I could see somewhat what he was doing.

I assumed he would have to open the glass bubble to physically unwedge the die but he did not.

Instead he pushed a switch in the first position enclosure and the die jiggled ON IT OWN. The bubble floor did not shake it.

The die un-wedged itself.

I asked him what he did and he said there are chips in the die, each side so that the pips can be read by the computer and he can control the chips to make them vibrate individually.
link to original post

i would assume it is the same tech that your phone uses to vibrate
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
July 1st, 2022 at 8:11:15 AM permalink
Quote: heatmap

i would assume it is the same tech that your phone uses to vibrate
link to original post

How often do you think they have to plug in the dice to recharge the battery that activates the buzzerizer?

I know, there's probably a wireless charger built into the shaker base. This does not seem like the most practical solution, but I also don't know what the innards are.

If you boil a funny bone, you get a laughing stock.
I find this humerus.
May the cards fall in your favor.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
July 1st, 2022 at 10:01:17 AM permalink
If the die are designed to turn a 1.4% HA game into a 33% HA game, it might explain my bad luck and why the dice turn on me when I switch sides on the line bets.
But I can't say regular craps tables have any better luck for me, so just blame the cosmic North Pole that spins around somewhere in the Arctic. My car compass is so messed up now.
Do I trust Bubble Craps dice more than WinCraps dice? WinCraps is at least 20X faster so slowing down for Bubble Craps is really emphasizing the pain of time. I think WinCraps dice are to be avoided. Bubble Craps, I haven't been hit as hard yet but I suspect I will be. Winning streaks or losing streaks of 500-1,000 rolls are not out of the question for either game.
Last edited by: ChumpChange on Jul 1, 2022
  • Jump to: