bwild0093
bwild0093
  • Threads: 1
February 8th, 2022 at 6:28:04 PM permalink
Hey all, I follow wizardofodds strat for bubble craps - Don't come, max odds, then constant dont comes with max odds. Is there a more optimal strat for bubble craps since it pays to the penny? I'm looking for the math strat...

Also for when I play a real table.. If I do pass line with max odds and come bet with max odds on the real tables.. if you were to decide between pass line+2 come bets or pass+3 come bets, which would you do?(I love playing by the math but don't want to bet toooo much on a live table)
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
February 8th, 2022 at 7:05:56 PM permalink
I sometimes roll 20 times before my Pass Line bet resolves.

If I had $10 PL with $20 odds, I'd need $300 just to have 10 bets. Add a come-bet, I'd have to double my buy-in to $600. Add a 2nd come-bet, I'd have to triple my buy-in to $900. Add a 3rd come-bet, I'd have to quadruple my buy-in to $1200.
I'd stick with 1 come-bet until I win a bunch ahead, then add a 2nd come-bet.
wali22
wali22
  • Threads: 0
February 15th, 2022 at 3:51:02 PM permalink
20 times is safe ?
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
February 15th, 2022 at 4:02:32 PM permalink
No; you are already playing the most optimal strategy.

Pass+2 or pass+3 comes is immaterial. Just increases the variance curve. I like a come bet+max odds every single roll, myself.

Online tables and bubble craps is much easier -- don't have to yell at dealers, collect chips, etc.

Bubble craps is great for making oddball bets on the 6 & 8 and things like buys on the 4 and 10, but of course those are non-optimal (but not horrible) bets. Only reason I ever made those was just to get more money in action when I had a good overlay on a promotion or some such.

I never play live craps anymore. Why bother?
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
February 16th, 2022 at 3:34:18 AM permalink
It's about how much action you need. If you make constant come bets [or DC] you just have a lot in action

I think it's easy with the Don't to start thinking you are building up the odds to be in your favor. A player can have nearly all the numbers covered, ready for the 7 to hit, happy because now the odds are now, at this point, in your favor. They would be as a total game strategy too if some player set that up for you and walked away saying you can have those bets now! But no one is going to do that and you paid to get there. Don't think those numbers can't get picked off one by one too - that's happened to me enough so that it is the most solid memory I have about playing that way.

How much do you want in action? Constantly on the DC? I admire your bankroll.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
February 16th, 2022 at 3:57:03 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

I sometimes roll 20 times before my Pass Line bet resolves.

If I had $10 PL with $20 odds, I'd need $300 just to have 10 bets. Add a come-bet, I'd have to double my buy-in to $600. Add a 2nd come-bet, I'd have to triple my buy-in to $900. Add a 3rd come-bet, I'd have to quadruple my buy-in to $1200.
I'd stick with 1 come-bet until I win a bunch ahead, then add a 2nd come-bet.
link to original post

Wouldn't some of your come bets with odds win if the dice are thrown 20 times before the passline bet is resolved?

There are only six numbers on the table eligible for the passline bet. Once one number becomes the pass only five numbers remain for come betting.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
February 16th, 2022 at 9:46:10 AM permalink
I'm in favor of replacing won Come bets with a Place bet. It cuts down on the need to replace a number multiple times just to establish a point. If I win a Come point 4, just buy the 4 for my original Come bet amount, so if I hit the 4 again and again, it will already be up. Vig on a win is recommended though.
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 87
February 16th, 2022 at 12:37:31 PM permalink
Is there any difference in playing live vs bubble craps? As you may know, I just started playing craps and adjusting my strategy as I go. I was wondering if it’s worth just playing the machine vs live, not obligated to tip win I’m a big winner. Lol.
mwalz9
mwalz9
  • Threads: 52
February 16th, 2022 at 1:56:30 PM permalink
I play the Don'ts with odds. I feel like being against 3 numbers is the max, because then too many dice combinations can beat you.

I usually start with 1 number and odds. Then when I get ahead, Ill get 2, then up to 3 max.

Like others said, doesn't change edge or strategy, just increases variance.
  • Jump to: