AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
December 2nd, 2021 at 12:37:13 AM permalink
Early Wednesday morning the stickman at my table forgot to place my three $1 bets for the dealers on the Bonus Craps bets. My bets were properly placed.

When I threw the 12 hitting the Tall I looked at the layout and said "where are my dealer bets?"

The stickman said he locked them up in error. The boxman shook his head and said it was too late.

So I said -- if the dealers won't be paid I want my $3 back. And that's what got the boxman to pay.

Both the stickman and my base dealer confirmed I made the dealer bets because I gave the stickman $28 and the base dealer gave me $5 change. My bets totaled $23 and they were:

All tall small for me. 3 X $5 = $15
All tall small for dealers. 3 X $1 = $3
Horn high Ace Deuce $5

I'm writing this because I found it strange the boxman didnt want the dealers to collect. Normally there's never a problem with dealer bets.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
December 2nd, 2021 at 4:28:56 AM permalink
there's a chance the boxman will have to explain what happened, it's on tape

dealers have told me they hate that and dearly value having nothing that looks funny on tape

Was just at Cherokee NC and they continue to be pretty relaxed about what gets on tape down there. Other places are uptight.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
  • Jump to: