Allistah
Allistah
  • Threads: 1
February 14th, 2021 at 6:59:49 PM permalink
Hey there,

I can't seem to locate the math to figure out how much of a bankroll I should have, and with said bets, what my chances of winning and losing are?

I found someone that posted some information using Don't Pass with 2x and 345x odds.

Don't pass w/2x odds has a variance of 8.13971304. It has a standard deviation of 2.85301823. (if these aren't true, let me know, found those numbers someone posted here in another post from some table)

For a $5 table with $5 on the DP, and $10 in odds, how would I go about calculating my chances of winning X amount or losing my Y amount in bankroll? Once I have that out, I could be able to make a spreadsheet that would give me a variety of bankroll numbers and win goals that I could choose from so that I can give myself the best chance to walk away a winner.

For example, If I walked up to the table with $200 and played until I made $100 (50% profit) or went broke, what are my chances (in %) of hitting that $100 win goal, and what are my chances (in %) of busting the bank?

Thanks,

-Alli
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 45
February 15th, 2021 at 2:21:03 AM permalink
Quote: Allistah

Hey there,

For example, If I walked up to the table with $200 and played until I made $100 (50% profit) or went broke, what are my chances (in %) of hitting that $100 win goal, and what are my chances (in %) of busting the bank?

Thanks,

-Alli

https://wizardofvegas.com/member/oncedear/blog/5/#post1370
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..

• Jump to: