QFIT
QFIT
  • Threads: 1
April 11th, 2017 at 12:46:47 PM permalink
That may be why is also said: "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
"It is impossible to begin to learn that which one thinks one already knows." -Epictetus
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
April 11th, 2017 at 12:50:56 PM permalink
To get this thread back on track.....

Let's be clear.

Craps (and other forms of gambling) is 100% the religion here. Learn it, love it, know it.

For those of you who lost track of this crap dice, here is a youtube video of Alan Watts discussing Carl Gustav Jung on The Acceptance of The Darkness within Ourselves and Others.... ;)
Last edited by: Paigowdan on Apr 11, 2017
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
  • Threads: 104
Thanks for this post from:
Paigowdan
April 11th, 2017 at 1:16:35 PM permalink
Quote: InTimeForSpace1

What if God/Devil is simply our interpretation of the religion as it exists, itself?

If Wittgenstein taught me anything, it is to disregard such a question.
Vultures can't be choosers.
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
April 11th, 2017 at 1:33:01 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Yes, indeed.

The whole of Wittengenstein's teaching for you, sir, and the questions to be regarded, are all here.

Now this is a site of wisdom we here may wish to focus more on. Basic crap instead of all this existential crap. You might not agree, but I hope not.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
InTimeForSpace1
InTimeForSpace1
  • Threads: 0
April 11th, 2017 at 1:43:35 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

Craps (and other forms of gambling) is 100% the religion here.

If every one were unique, and presented with a unique God or non-God attitude, then were they ever truly unique? Sometimes, we even say the other guy's God is no good to as Godly valid our own assertions or acceptance that there is none. The 100% this or that stuff initiates the escalation. Science isn't the end all and be all, either; it doesn't any more exist than religion, eg, and can't replace other things. Same for the game of Craps, or gambling in general. It's just something we do amid other things. No one thing is the "secret".
Last edited by: InTimeForSpace1 on Apr 11, 2017
Believers are the ones who keep at it long after they've been told it can't be done. On the other hand, the real experts shouldn't care about the crackpots. But, if the wrong answer begs the question, then the wrong question begs the answer.
InTimeForSpace1
InTimeForSpace1
  • Threads: 0
April 11th, 2017 at 1:46:47 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

What's the only question without an answer?
Believers are the ones who keep at it long after they've been told it can't be done. On the other hand, the real experts shouldn't care about the crackpots. But, if the wrong answer begs the question, then the wrong question begs the answer.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 41
April 11th, 2017 at 2:09:02 PM permalink

I'm a crap dealer, and I just came back from my shift. (And yes, I did go back, and it keeps me busy.)

Way back in May of five years ago, a day after we held WoVCon ][, a few of us had what we called WoVCon ][.1 -- we went out to Fiesta Henderson to play, hoping to catch you dealing at our crap table. You were assigned to a different game that night, but we did see you briefly. So where are you dealing now, same place or a new spot?
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
April 11th, 2017 at 2:46:43 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

Way back in May of five years ago, a day after we held WoVCon ][, a few of us had what we called WoVCon ][.1 -- we went out to Fiesta Henderson to play, hoping to catch you dealing at our crap table. You were assigned to a different game that night, but we did see you briefly. So where are you dealing now, same place or a new spot?

Yes, Fiesta Henderson, and on dice, Pai Gow Poker, Blackjack, Ultimate Texas Hold 'em, and Three Card Poker. Everything except Roulette. 60% craps, 30% Pai Gow Poker (All commission-free, ahem), and 10% Ultimate Texas Hold 'em, often a fill-in for a sick call in. Rarely is it Blackjack, and no roulette,
Stations had recently called me back, via a shift manager.

Apparently, a number of younger dealers left after acquiring skills at some Stations properties when things in the city picked up, and basically said to their properties, "Thanks for believing in me, and thanks for teaching me; I'm now off to the strip for more money. Goodbye to you,' displaying little loyalty for the investment that Stations had extended to them.

Some dealers stayed because the environment is more friendly and lower pressure (meaning less sweating of things, better politics, fairer treatment, and less 'talk-down" peon abuse from higher ups, a hallmark of Stations superiority in employee treatment).
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
DeMango
April 11th, 2017 at 4:39:41 PM permalink
Quote: InTimeForSpace1

If every one were unique, and presented with a unique God or non-God attitude, then were they ever truly unique? Sometimes, we even say the other guy's God is no good to as Godly valid our own assertions or acceptance that there is none. The 100% this or that stuff initiates the escalation. Science isn't the end all and be all, either; it doesn't any more exist than religion, eg, and can't replace other things. Same for the game of Craps, or gambling in general. It's just something we do amid other things. No one thing is the "secret".

Increase the medication.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 60
AxelWolfBoz
April 11th, 2017 at 5:41:39 PM permalink

Apparently, a number of younger dealers left after acquiring skills at some Stations properties when things in the city picked up, and basically said to their properties, "Thanks for believing in me, and thanks for teaching me; I'm now off to the strip for more money. Goodbye to you,' displaying little loyalty for the investment that Stations had extended to them.

This is one of the most offensive statements I have ever read.

Wow.

What do you suppose these "disloyal" dealers owe to these properties aside from an honest day's work? A lifetime of indentured servitude? Maybe we should go back to feudalism so that the corporate masters can never be inconvenienced.

Are these dealers not free to pursue their economic opportunities? Do you think that the Stations properties would ever hesitate to lay off these dealers the instant it was more profitable to do so?

Do you think these dealers' rents and grocery bills will go down once they have affirmed they turned down a higher-paying job to display loyalty to a corporation that wouldn't know them as anything more than a number on a spreadsheet?

I have heard of capitalist-oligarchy apologists but your statement above really takes the cake for corporate toadying.

• Jump to: