No votes (0%)
5 votes (50%)

10 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
September 17th, 2016 at 4:00:08 PM permalink
I invite you to be among the first to enjoy part 4 of my craps series of videos. This one is all about betting the "dark side."

Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmcnVlfzsQo&feature=youtu.be.

As always, I welcome all questions, comments, and suggestions.

The question for the poll is how did you like the video? Keep in mind the intended audience is people who don't know the don't pass and associated bets at all.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
September 17th, 2016 at 5:56:10 PM permalink
It's OK

Some errors like showing the puck off after 8 on a come-out .... possibly the editor making these mistakes.

I think you will be reluctant to try to add this some way, but the video should include the comment that Angela would not be keeping the dice after rolling a 7-out, even though you darksiders won.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
September 17th, 2016 at 6:16:02 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I think you will be reluctant to try to add this some way, but the video should include the comment that Angela would not be keeping the dice after rolling a 7-out, even though you darksiders won.

Good catch! Would you believe me if I said that I shot after her seven-out, but that part is on the cutting room floor?
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
September 17th, 2016 at 6:23:39 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Good catch! Would you believe me if I said that I shot after her seven-out, but that part is on the cutting room floor?

You didn't want to show us that you rolled 19 yos in a row! :-)
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
September 17th, 2016 at 6:45:37 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

And besides, there is only ONE Angela, and there's is reason for her to shoot, to keep the camera on her. Makes for a much more watchable video. The earlier videos also forced me to diet, as I cringed.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
September 17th, 2016 at 7:21:37 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

You didn't want to show us that you rolled 19 yos in a row! :-)

I did, but the camera battery ran out.
FatGeezus
FatGeezus
  • Threads: 10
September 18th, 2016 at 8:47:33 AM permalink
There was one error and it happened twice.

When you had money in the Don't Come box and she threw a #7, you said "we win all our bets." Wrong. You lose your money in the Don't Come box.

Again, the second time it happened, you didn't mention that you lose the money in the Don't Come box.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
September 18th, 2016 at 9:41:43 AM permalink
I really get the feeling the film editor needed to know more about how to play the game. It was really odd to show rolling an 8 on the come-out and then very purposefully showing the dealer area with the puck marked "off" as if to emphasize that. Since the Wizard had Dan and Aaron there both, no way they didn't get it right at the time; that was editing.

I think that was the first error I saw.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
September 18th, 2016 at 10:38:56 AM permalink
Quote: FatGeezus

There was one error and it happened twice.

When you had money in the Don't Come box and she threw a #7, you said "we win all our bets." Wrong. You lose your money in the Don't Come box.

Again, the second time it happened, you didn't mention that you lose the money in the Don't Come box.

Good catch! I guess I was so happy about winning all those old come bets I forgot that I lost the current one. I'll have to have Heather fix that with a call out box.

Not that is is a good excuse, but nobody else caught the error at the time either.
  • Jump to: