mugect
mugect
Joined: Feb 13, 2015
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 4
February 23rd, 2015 at 5:38:18 PM permalink
I have seen in several threads where players have recalled to (seemingly) great accuracy their longest rolls. I'm always so focused on keeping track of my bets & chips that I loose track in my head. Like the Borgata record, can't imagine a second-time player would think to count rolls. Do the dealers count rolls?

How do you guys keep track?
mds
mds
Joined: Sep 24, 2013
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 261
February 23rd, 2015 at 5:43:15 PM permalink
Bacc card at the table
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 95
  • Posts: 4286
February 23rd, 2015 at 6:06:45 PM permalink
Quote: mds

Bacc card at the table


And no one challenges this? Not that they would have any reason to, as tracking rolls isn't going to help you figure out what the next roll would be, but as the Nevada Gaming Control Board made a specific list of where you can take notes (cards in baccarat, spins in roulette, and the "Faro board") and craps isn't on there, I thought that somebody might object.
mds
mds
Joined: Sep 24, 2013
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 261
February 23rd, 2015 at 6:13:22 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

And no one challenges this? Not that they would have any reason to, as tracking rolls isn't going to help you figure out what the next roll would be, but as the Nevada Gaming Control Board made a specific list of where you can take notes (cards in baccarat, spins in roulette, and the "Faro board") and craps isn't on there, I thought that somebody might object.



I honestly had no idea there was a specific list. I know you cant have any electronic devices. in the last 3+ years I have been tracking they never stopped me from the bacc card or my note pad. I just like to keep track and see how close the outcome over the hundreds of rolls (Real time) I see in comparison to the true math over millions of rolls.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 236
  • Posts: 6763
February 23rd, 2015 at 6:16:06 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

And no one challenges this? Not that they would have any reason to, as tracking rolls isn't going to help you figure out what the next roll would be, but as the Nevada Gaming Control Board made a specific list of where you can take notes (cards in baccarat, spins in roulette, and the "Faro board") and craps isn't on there, I thought that somebody might object.

I saw a guy with a small spiral notebook, jotting notes after each toss. He kept the notebook open on the rack in front of him. He was shooting alone on a slow Sunday morning, so I guess no one cared.

If you want a count, go to the Fremont downtown. They have a "Sharpshooter" promotion where you can win a prize for rolling the most times. For the purposes of the promotion, a "roll" includes the "Horn" numbers prior to, and after the point is established.

For some mysterious reason (hehe) it is difficult to get more than six rolls.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Yokeoh
Yokeoh
Joined: Feb 18, 2013
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 34
February 23rd, 2015 at 6:35:49 PM permalink
Some casinos have devices like the Fremont casino will track rolls. In Reno I won some record for longest roll one time they were going to give me a cap, but they ran out at this casino
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 95
  • Posts: 4286
February 23rd, 2015 at 6:54:53 PM permalink
Quote: mds

I honestly had no idea there was a specific list. I know you cant have any electronic devices. in the last 3+ years I have been tracking they never stopped me from the bacc card or my note pad. I just like to keep track and see how close the outcome over the hundreds of rolls (Real time) I see in comparison to the true math over millions of rolls.


There is a list, but the list is for exceptions to the particular law (Nevada Revised Statutes 465.075) that bans devices that "obtain an advantage at playing any game", and one of the banned actions is if it "keeps track of cards played or cards prepared for play in the game". I assume that since there are no cards in craps, then tracking results is not a problem. It just seems strange, then, that they would make tracking numbers in roulette an explicit exception, but not tracking dice rolls.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 145
  • Posts: 18217
February 23rd, 2015 at 7:12:34 PM permalink
Quote: mugect

I have seen in several threads where players have recalled to (seemingly) great accuracy their longest rolls.

They guess
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
Joined: Feb 20, 2010
  • Threads: 79
  • Posts: 2501
February 23rd, 2015 at 7:48:49 PM permalink
At least one member of this board tracks every throw, of I think every shooter, on the table. I have played with him and he has shared his data with me afterwards. It is not common, but I have seen people tracking rolls in quite a few different casinos. I have never seen anyone given any heat for it.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
Joined: Feb 20, 2010
  • Threads: 79
  • Posts: 2501
February 23rd, 2015 at 7:51:32 PM permalink
Quote: mds

I honestly had no idea there was a specific list. I know you cant have any electronic devices. in the last 3+ years I have been tracking they never stopped me from the bacc card or my note pad. I just like to keep track and see how close the outcome over the hundreds of rolls (Real time) I see in comparison to the true math over millions of rolls.



I find this pretty fascinating.
Would you care to share any of your findings? Or a high level summary?

Do you only track numbers, or do you notate when a 7 is a winner, or an out 7 ?
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!

  • Jump to: