NewToCraps
NewToCraps
  • Threads: 30
October 29th, 2014 at 6:01:41 PM permalink
I try to make my play time last longer by using a five count method. I don't profess it as being a "system" to win more with, but do enjoy missing out on all the point-7 rolls and/or "less than 5 rolls with a seven-out".

BUT it can get boring to wait without any money on the table.

I'm going to have a five day craps cruise this next week, so thought I would try this ... looking for comments (I want to be involved with some bets, but limit what I might lose if a 7-out happens before 5 rolls)

1) Initial bet - $5 Pass bet and $1 Crap check. Exposed $6.
replace the bet if a natural or crap is rolled, but win with either.

After point is established ... (no odds to minimize exposure)

2) $5 Come bet and $1 Crap check. Exposed $12.
If a 7-out is rolled, total loss $2. Win again on any crap or yo.

(Still no odds added to pass or come bet)

3) $5 Come bet, $1 Crap check and $1 Big Red. Exposed $19.
If a 7-out is rolled, total loss $4. Win again on any crap or yo.

(Still no odds added to pass or either come bets)

4) $10 Come bet, $2 Crap check and $2 Big Red. Exposed $33.
If a 7-out is rolled, total loss $3. Win again on any crap or yo.

(Still no odds added to pass or any come bets)

5) $20 Come bet, $4 Crap check and $4 Big Red. Exposed $61.
If a 7-out is rolled, total loss $1. Win again on any crap or yo.

So...if I didn't make it to 5 rolls, the most I have lost is $4.
if it did I have not been bored, and it has only cost me $61, but I have $45 on the table.
I don't mind having $45 on the table after 5 rolls because after 5 rolls I would be betting more than that anyway.

I may have actually gotten ahead if a few crap numbers or a yo is rolled.
I know a come point number helps,
and it is worse if the point is made after the third roll as compared to a 7-out.
I don't put odds on any of the bets, even though it pays less, but it limits my loss on a 7-out.

Have I figured anything wrong?
Learned Craps in 2013 .... Developed and have a PATENT on Craps "Back On Bet" side bet ... Working on Craps game variations hope to have patents in 2018 - Second Chance Craps and Sub-Crap-tion ... A completely new dice game idea is next - D.. Dice D......
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
October 29th, 2014 at 6:41:52 PM permalink
get rid of all the crap checks and big red's and you're good.
get second you pig
NewToCraps
NewToCraps
  • Threads: 30
October 29th, 2014 at 6:56:58 PM permalink
If I do that ... my "7-out exposure" during the 3rd, 4th and 5th rolls is limited to $5, but I am risking some big loses with a yo or crap number.

When I use the crap checks and big red - I win with any yo or crap number during any of the five rolls. Am I missing something?
Learned Craps in 2013 .... Developed and have a PATENT on Craps "Back On Bet" side bet ... Working on Craps game variations hope to have patents in 2018 - Second Chance Craps and Sub-Crap-tion ... A completely new dice game idea is next - D.. Dice D......
dicesitter
dicesitter
  • Threads: 32
October 30th, 2014 at 3:11:11 AM permalink
I am kinda with ontariodealer on this one.

In 2007 and 2008 I used the dooey donts system Frank had talked about in his book. I would
wait 3 rolls and on the 4th I would play a $5 come bet, if it goes up I would not take odds. Then
on roll 5 I would take another. if it went up, I would not take odds unless roll 6 was a box number.

If I hit one come bet I would place another, and then play the hand if it continued.

Frank has since distanced himself some what from that play, but I have to say I played a lot and was very close
to even in those two years, maybe a tad ahead in 2008. It was boring, did not have many big wins and also
no big loses

I think that the contention was that you would put at risk 57% less money than an up right away system.
I think that may be correct.

To be honest I quit not because it was not working , but rather I was more into dice setting and I wanted to
get up right away on myself. Also it was hard for the dealers on a busy table. Money wise I would have been
better off with that because while I made more on my roll, I lost much more on others.

Dicesetter
Concinnity
Concinnity
  • Threads: 3
November 1st, 2014 at 4:38:11 PM permalink
Because you wish to make your play last longer, might I suggest that you cultivate a few superstitious-type behaviors, in case you haven't already?

For example, if you shoot, and the dice go off the table, always say, "Same dice!" and that will slow things down a bit.

Always set the dice too. That will also slow things down. Don't take too long though.

Personally, I don't do any of this. Just lazy, I guess. I confess to enjoying the look of horror on some of the faces of the players when one of my rolls goes into orbit (sorry; you've all done it) and the crew asks me, "Do you want the same dice?" and I say, "I don't care." But you should do as I say, not as I do.

By the way, your "crap check" and Big Red (which just makes me shudder -- the worst bet on the table if you ask me) will lose you a lot of money in those five days, unless you get really lucky. You asked, so just sayin'. You should never hedge your bets in my opinion: it will eat your bankroll up alive during your 5 days (again: unless you get really lucky).
  • Jump to: