Asswhoopermcdaddy
Asswhoopermcdaddy
  • Threads: 87
August 12th, 2014 at 2:53:58 PM permalink
Now with a title like that, it could very well be a blog. So this weekend I was up by the craps table. Really didn't have much time as it was a "family" trip. Only really had time to gamble for 20 minutes or so. Steakhouse reservations (lobster bisque), Spa appointments, buffet, and show tickets. Who doesn't love a good lobster bisque? Especially when they give you a shot of sherry to pour yourself into the piping hot bowl. Love that style and class. Feeling incredibly full by the time I made it into the spa. Good thing I arrived early. Gave me some time to hit up the sauna, jacuzzi, and lounge before the massage appointment. For whatever reason, Sunday seemed to be a busy day. Maybe it was because of the sudden drop in hotel room pricing? Massage was ok, but the buffet was really good. Carved turkey and prime rib and cod in a lobster newburgh sauce. Oh man that was savory. Especially since I've haven't had some good turkey since the holidays. Saw a trip of wannabe singers for the show imitate some legends. It was ok, but not to die for or anything.

Ok ok, now I'm sure you want me to get to the point. I'm just buttering you readers up. When I first was introduced to the game of craps, I had always started out playing on the "Right" side (Pass Line for the shooter). And over time I had mixed results as you would expect winning some and losing more. As my dance with lady luck continued into a a love hate relationship, I courted the dice with fancier bets. Place bets, the Iron Cross, multi-point betting w/odds, etc. I don't know how I fell into the Don't betting, but I do remember despising how certain individuals rolled their dice. The Whale without a care in the world with all his thousands closing his eyes and throwing to the moon. I loved how certain shooters really concentrated in their motion and routine as if life and death would be determined by a single roll.

Over time, I tended to bet for myself when shooting, and against everyone around. Perhaps that reflects a me vs. the world psychology. Who knows. I've had some amusing runs encountering a similar individual where every pass bet he made I made a don't and every pass bet I made he would bet the don'ts. We traded off for about half an hour with utter amusement even to the pit.

This weekend I vowed would be different. I longed for the childhood simplicities that once led me to the game. The amateurish wonder of just enjoying the game without over complicating it with a desire to try to somehow gain an edge or beat the house. I decided I would once again bet for the shooter with 1X odds and no place bets or come bets. I would bet for all shooters indiscriminately. I made my way through 2 shooters being up, and the third, I broke my strategy by siding back to the Don'ts only to quickly revert back to the shooter. I bought in for $100 and left with $125 in a span of 10 minutes. Max bankroll was $165 and max draw down was $80.

Did I have a good time? I shall concede, it's always nice to leave a table being up. Does it work all the time? HELL NO! Did it feel good to change it up? Yes. Was I dying to bet across or do an Iron Cross? Absolutely! Would I have been successful doing so? Questionable. Even on a table with a positive trend, wreckless betting or increasing the house edge can lead to tragic outcomes.

So what counts? The $ in your wallet or the slight sense of gratification? Perhaps a little of both. Till next time fellow Darksiders....bumpbumpbump.
  • Jump to: