debitncredit
debitncredit
  • Threads: 53
May 13th, 2014 at 11:26:32 PM permalink
I usually do pass with odds and come with odds and some hard ways. The only time I tend to make money is when the hard ways hit. I feel like come bets take too long to develop and sevens out.

What are some ways you enjoy playing craps with? Pass and place bets?
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
May 13th, 2014 at 11:39:31 PM permalink
pass line and come bets every roll with full odds, increasing every two hits.
get second you pig
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
May 14th, 2014 at 12:02:12 AM permalink
Quote: ontariodealer

pass line and come bets every roll with full odds, increasing every two hits.

that's pretty much exactly how i play
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 14th, 2014 at 1:17:05 AM permalink
Pass Line with TWO ComeBets (w/odds) and if bankroll allows Place the Six and Eight.

Else

DontPass with ONE DontComeBet (w odds) and Place the Six and Eight. Never take "no action".

First bet is always Pass Line for myself with an equal amount for the dealers. Equal Odds too. It gets me noticed by them.

Always DP when dice come to someone loud and obnoxious.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
May 14th, 2014 at 2:26:30 AM permalink
Money plays on the field. Then leave it down for another double up. Color up like a G.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
May 14th, 2014 at 5:10:16 AM permalink
I think it'd be fun to buy in $100 on a $5 table. Put $5 in the field and let it ride till it's at $240. If it loses put another $5 in the field and let it ride till it gets to whatever amount you want (say $240). Not a great strategy, nor a decent one, nor one that I've tried before....but could definitely be fun. You got 20 chances for someone to throw 7 fields in a row.

But when I play, generally 32,34,44 inside and press a number 2 times before collecting.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
May 14th, 2014 at 5:21:42 AM permalink
always I max the odds unless it's 10x in which case I might back it down to 5x depending on the min bet.

Usually pass line; then on hunches I throw in a few come bets. If I have 2 come bets to resolve, I'm pressing. 3 come bets plus the line is the max except once a session I might pick a shooter I pull out the stops on. I might even make a $30 place bet on the 6 and 8 on such a hunch.

No middle-table bets except one or two 2-way-Yo bets to tip the dealers per session. At color up a final tip.

PS: I advise any middle-table bettors to check out their average HE. If more than 3-4% HE overall, boy, not for me. I feel good when I walk away knowing my overall HE was less than 1% and GREAT if I know it hovered close to zero.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
SkittleCar1
SkittleCar1
  • Threads: 14
May 14th, 2014 at 5:48:45 AM permalink
Lately, no pass/don't pass bet.
$5 on the Don't Come until two numbers are established and lay the minimum odds to win $5.
I don't win big.
I don't lose big.
But I can stay at the table for quite a while on $60 or so.

I guess I would call it my "for the sport of it" strategy. Its a good way to have fun at the table if you like to watch others play and get loud.
TerribleTom
TerribleTom
  • Threads: 8
May 14th, 2014 at 9:39:47 AM permalink
Usually table minimum DP + 3/4/3 odds.

At a $5 table, $18/$30/$30 in odds wagers.

Double that at a $10 table.

I don't throw a lot of money at it. Let's say $100 buy in at a $5 table, if I get to $200 I'll go to $10 on the line and double my odds wager accordingly. If by some miracle I get to $400, I'll go to $15 - and so on. Double your bankroll, add $5 to the line wager.

As you might suspect, my biggest problem is walking away with the money.
PBguy
PBguy
  • Threads: 4
May 14th, 2014 at 10:08:27 AM permalink
I usually do pass line with 2x or 3x odds and place both the 6 and 8. Pressing strategy depends on how well I'm doing. Rarely play at anything other than a $5 table but on rare occasions a $10 table. I'm pretty conservative.

While this strategy usually allows me to play for a while it rarely gives me a really big win. I had a really bad session the other night and walked away after only 20 minutes down $150 - no one shooter made a pass or hit a 6 or 8. Pathetic. If I can catch a good roll with lots of 6s and 8s then I can make $100+ on a single roll.
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
May 14th, 2014 at 10:08:56 AM permalink
The only betting pattern I have is that I will bet in whatever way makes the dealer complain the most.
aahigh.com
dwm
dwm
  • Threads: 33
May 14th, 2014 at 12:21:52 PM permalink
Lately have been playing pass-odds and 4 and 10 with good results when the table is half way decent. It has done better for me than pass-odds and 6,8.
Also, pressing the 4 or 10 on the second hit per number. So $25 buy bet on the 4 and 10 and the 4 is rolled, collect that, if the 4 is rolled a second time then press to $50 and keep at $50 for the remainder of the hand. Same scenario on the 10.

Betting $5 pass and $25,30 odds, and $25 buy bets on the 4 and 10 with the above pressing to $50, with a 10 shooter session bankroll.
JLA
JLA
  • Threads: 0
May 14th, 2014 at 1:08:02 PM permalink
Pass line with full odds (I've only played 2x and 3/4/5x tables) with 2 come bets plus full odds. Place 6 and 8 when ahead (or just in the mood). I used to play some dark side but I get enough grief from other players at blackjack and poker to want to deal with it on the only game I play purely for fun.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
May 14th, 2014 at 1:10:53 PM permalink
100 percent Dark side full odds. Don't care what others think. I keep my head down and wait it out while drinking.
debitncredit
debitncredit
May 14th, 2014 at 1:16:48 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

The only betting pattern I have is that I will bet in whatever way makes the dealer complain the most.

What are they? Some really obscure bets? "Buffalo yo!"
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
May 14th, 2014 at 1:21:49 PM permalink
In my all-of-4 times playing so far (lol at me):

10 dollar tables, all. 10 Pass line w/odds, up to full odds if I'm winning (2x and 3-4-5x tables). Fire bet or tall/small if available, $5 bets. One table bet World consistently for $5; think it was slightly under when I quit playing it after about 20 tries.

After point established, Place 6/8 with dealers in on both and keep dealers in. If winning well, place 5 and/or 9 as well as soon as 6 or 8 is the point.

Working ridiculously well so far: I'm sure I'm in the short run. However, +$1650 "lifetime" doing this. That includes 2 4number fire bets and 2 tall bets winning.

Oh, and I don't shoot; I just go for the ride.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Ahigh
Ahigh
May 14th, 2014 at 1:23:38 PM permalink
Quote: debitncredit

What are they? Some really obscure bets? "Buffalo yo!"

Buffalo is ambiguous in Vegas, but I don't bet one-roll bets as a general rule at all.

Buffalo bet can be interpreted as either all the hardways and a red (aka seven) or all the hardways and a yo.

As a result, even asking for a Buffalo Yo would result in confusion rather infrequently. I don't bet hardways much at all any more.

Must of the bets that I get a lot of mileage out of are lay bets (no DC, just laying numbers).

There are plenty of dealers who receive these bets infrequently enough here (especially certain denominations and numbers) that it can be fun.

Aside from that, I vary the amount of come bets and the amount of odds that the dealers are constantly having to count chips in order to pay me.
aahigh.com
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
May 14th, 2014 at 1:32:56 PM permalink
Mostly a slightly modified ricochet. With minimum odds.
gigjones
gigjones
  • Threads: 0
May 14th, 2014 at 3:22:38 PM permalink
I’ll buy in for $100, then…

On a $5 table, I’ll start by placing a $5 Don’t Pass bet. If the point established is 4/10, I’ll lay $10 odds.
If the point is 5/9 or 6/8, I’ll lay no odds.

On a $10 or $15 table, I’ll wait for the point to be established then place a single Don't Come bet and let it ride.

It’s a grind but I usually walk away a winner.
“…when it is not in our power to determine what is true we ought to follow what is most probable." — Descartes
Clownkeeper
Clownkeeper
  • Threads: 15
May 14th, 2014 at 3:42:13 PM permalink
At a $5 table, pass line with 3x4x5 odds. Then a come bet in case of a PSO. Then place 6 and 8 for $30 each and one more come bet. The goal is to have 4 numbers covered 2 of which are always the 6 and 8 either as a place or come.
Fortune favors the bold
Konbu
Konbu
  • Threads: 2
May 14th, 2014 at 5:11:12 PM permalink
$5 pass double odds. Place 6&8 $6 each. Collect at least once or twice before pressing then same thing again. Also maybe branch out to $5 5&9 from 6&8 winnings. Go to 3x4x5 odds if winning and/or feeling confident/stupid. Hard 6&8 if either is the point. If shooting sometimes will place inside once point is established.
I CD-ROM.
mustangsally
mustangsally
  • Threads: 25
May 15th, 2014 at 8:35:55 AM permalink
Quote: SkittleCar1

$5 on the Don't Come until two numbers are established and lay the minimum odds to win $5.
I don't win big.

but one could win big
How about if big = $120
almost impossible?
maybe half of every attempt would be successful?
maybe just 1 out of 100 attempts?

what do you think the chances of turning $60 into $600 before you lose all $60 (or not enough to make a $5 new bet)
never happens unless you get real lucky?
the chances of turning $60 into $1000 before you lose all $60
maybe 1 in a million attempts?

I don't lose big.

for some a $60 loss or close to it is big loss.
You start with 12 betting units (the same as one buying in for $120,000 and betting $10,000 on a don't come)

what do you consider *quite a while*?
30 rolls
60 rolls
100 rolls or more?

how about 1000 rolls or more on the same starting $60?
I would guess 100% of all replies to that would be 1 in 100 or higher (maybe way higher)
I wonder what the answers would be.

and would it be longer than one that just makes 2 come bets with single odds and no pass line bet?
or probably more common than one that just makes 1 come bet with single odds and 1 pass line bet with single odds?

spoilers coming
Sally

and I now bet only the don't pass for $5 and try to get away with laying odds of $6
does not always work (some want more on the 4,5,9,10)
I Heart Vi Hart
ChampagneFireball
ChampagneFireball
  • Threads: 16
May 15th, 2014 at 8:58:40 AM permalink
$5 table: Pass line w/ double odds, place 6 and 8 for $5, come bet every roll with single odds, press odds on win. If I can't press a number due to max odds, I'll press its opposing value (6/8, 5/9, 4/10) or any other number up to max odds. Once I hit max odds, I press my pass&come to $10 and keep going. I've only ever gotten to $15 come on the crappy 2x table at the California (trying to become the golden arm), and I think it was a seven-out immediately. Actually, it was probably crap, crap, seven out.

I'll take a $1 hard six or eight once they are hit, and half-parlay twice (to $5 then to $25 then down) as they hit again and then take down the whole thing after three.

I like to bet the field after a craps roll, but I don't always do it. Sometimes I press or parlay the field bet two times. And sometimes on the come out, I bet a $1 craps, and press if I keep hitting.

If I feel I've lost too much on the stupid middle-of-the-table bets, I'll give up on them. That's usually when they hit.

On a $10 table, I just go pass and single odds and a $12 six and eight, one $10 come and take down the six and eight when it becomes a point. I don't mess around with the field at $10, but might do a $1 craps check and feel stupid when I lose $10 on the pass only to make $7 on the craps.

On a $15+ table, I just watch.
mustangsally
mustangsally
May 15th, 2014 at 12:53:11 PM permalink
Quote: dwm

Lately have been playing pass-odds and 4 and 10 with good results when the table is half way decent.

of your 28 threads, looks like 5 have to do with Blackjack and the rest with a new twist on how you bet at Craps

Can you list your worst 3 methods of play and your best 3?

seems like nothing you do makes you happy for any length of time, IMO

in your opinion, why would that be true?

from this thread
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/craps/6506-computer-based-best-craps-scheme/

"According to one of the computer experts,
he programmed his computer to get the best way to play this craps game and it determined that the best way of playing craps is Pass-odds and place the 6 and 8, then continuous come-odds bets.
This certainly makes sense per the odds of the game.

Personally do not like the come bets, so have made a couple of changes and it has worked well in several day sessions."

and of course
"Best is not hard to define here.
Meaning the most likely betting scheme to produce a winner."

It has done better for me than pass-odds and 6,8.

in exactly what way *It has done better*?
I mean, more time to play or more money won and more time to play or less money lost and more time to play.
This can easily get confusing real fast for an expert craps player.

Also, pressing the 4 or 10 on the second hit per number.

why not just press or parlay on the first hit?
is this a *better* way to play than bet big - win big or go home trying?

*better* = makes one feel better
*better* = wins more money faster
*better* = loses less money slower
*better* = none of the above

I see early on you used WinCraps for your betting systems testing.
I think it would be much easier to compare 8 different player betting systems at one time at the same table as WinCraps Pro can do.
and you can easily play 10,000 session for each player to get a better view of what to expect
the average and the range about that average.

In my opinion, we could sell lots of books on the subject and you would become so wealthy.
willin'?

Sally
I Heart Vi Hart
SkittleCar1
SkittleCar1
May 15th, 2014 at 1:08:11 PM permalink
Quote: mustangsally

but one could win big
How about if big = $120
almost impossible?
maybe half of every attempt would be successful?
maybe just 1 out of 100 attempts?

what do you think the chances of turning $60 into $600 before you lose all $60 (or not enough to make a $5 new bet)
never happens unless you get real lucky?
the chances of turning $60 into $1000 before you lose all $60
maybe 1 in a million attempts?
You start with 12 betting units (the same as one buying in for $120,000 and betting $10,000 on a don't come)

what do you consider *quite a while*?
30 rolls
60 rolls
100 rolls or more?

how about 1000 rolls or more on the same starting $60?
I would guess 100% of all replies to that would be 1 in 100 or higher (maybe way higher)
I wonder what the answers would be.

and would it be longer than one that just makes 2 come bets with single odds and no pass line bet?
or probably more common than one that just makes 1 come bet with single odds and 1 pass line bet with single odds?

spoilers coming
Sally

and I now bet only the don't pass for $5 and try to get away with laying odds of $6
does not always work (some want more on the 4,5,9,10)

This all totally confuses me?
mds
mds
  • Threads: 50
May 15th, 2014 at 1:18:32 PM permalink
This will get a lot of attention it always does.. 1200 don't and 800 pass with 600-1800 odds on the don't depending. Every other come out, 15.00 to 25.00 depending on 12. If and only if im up and on a serious roll I will max out odds on the Don't of course... Maybe one out of 100 hands. Maybe! I also don't play every single hand. I play this way for 2 major reasons. Most of you know why.. That's it! I too don't care what anyone says. No emotions at all. No high fives only an occasional low one.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
May 15th, 2014 at 1:31:00 PM permalink
Quote: mds

This will get a lot of attention it always does.. 1200 don't and 800 pass with 600-1800 odds on the don't depending. Every other come out, 15.00 to 25.00 depending on 12. If and only if im up and on a serious roll I will max out odds on the Don't of course... Maybe one out of 100 hands. Maybe! I also don't play every single hand. I play this way for 2 major reasons. Most of you know why.. That's it! I too don't care what anyone says. No emotions at all. No high fives only an occasional low one.

When playing yesterday a guy was playing $25 on don't pass with 2x odds and $10 come bets with 3x odds. He would play up to 3 come bets.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
debitncredit
debitncredit
May 15th, 2014 at 2:08:37 PM permalink
Quote: ChampagneFireball

$5 table: Pass line w/ double odds, place 6 and 8 for $5, come bet every roll with single odds, press odds on win. If I can't press a number due to max odds, I'll press its opposing value (6/8, 5/9, 4/10) or any other number up to max odds. Once I hit max odds, I press my pass&come to $10 and keep going. I've only ever gotten to $15 come on the crappy 2x table at the California (trying to become the golden arm), and I think it was a seven-out immediately. Actually, it was probably crap, crap, seven out.

So this one presses a lot. So absorb the losses through short crappy rolls and win big on a big roll?
ChampagneFireball
ChampagneFireball
  • Threads: 16
May 15th, 2014 at 2:59:25 PM permalink
Quote: debitncredit

So this one presses a lot. So absorb the losses through short crappy rolls and win big on a big roll?

Yes, that's pretty much how it goes. Lose $100, lose another $100, break even, lose another $100, win $250. Something like that.
mds
mds
  • Threads: 50
May 16th, 2014 at 9:32:39 AM permalink

Maybe some numbers? Sally? If I played this way for a weekend only, what would be my odds of leaving a winner? More specifically, over 3 days I play 100 hands at 5 rolls a hand (Please go with 5 for now) wagering the way I explained above. Using 1200 and 800 with only 20.00 every other roll on the 12.
So, don't care about "The long haul" Only a weekend of play. Please take in to consideration 2, 3, 12, 11 and of course 7s.... If someone can do this math it would be greatly appreciated. Need anymore info? Ooops, and how much should I win or lose in dollars? What kind of bankroll do you think I need?
mustangsally
mustangsally
May 16th, 2014 at 4:35:23 PM permalink

This all totally confuses me?

totally?
let us change that confusion to understanding (no magic involved)

I don't win big.

Sally says "but one could win big"

Question #1) How about if big = $120
in other words here, what do you think are your chances of buying in for say $60, making your don't come bets and single lay odds
and win at least $120?
walk away with at least $180

a few possible answers (the accurate answer may not be a choice)
about 99%
about 50%
about 1%
0% (get real)

Question #2) How about if big = $600 win
what do you think are your chances of buying in for say $60 again, making your don't come bets and single lay odds
and win at least $600?
walk away with at least $660
enough for dinner and dancing! YES!!

about 99%
about 50%
about 1%
0% (get real)

more more more

I don't lose big.

You start with 12 betting units - $60 / 5 = 12
(the same as one buying in for $120,000 and betting $10,000 on a don't come)
could be a big loss for some one

more more more and more

Question #3) what do you consider *quite a while*?

examples:
30 rolls
60 rolls
100 rolls or more?

Question #4) what do you think are your chances of playing your current posted betting system (buying in for say $60)
and lasting at least 60 rolls?
you could have maybe $3 left but you r are busted. not enough for a $5 min bet.
again, a few possible answers (the accurate answer may not be a choice)
about 99%
about 50%
about 1%
0% (get real)

Question #5) what do you think are your chances of playing your current posted betting system (buying in for say $60)
and lasting at least 500 rolls?
about 99%
about 50%
about 1%
0% (get real)

Question #6) what do you think are your chances of playing your current posted betting system (buying in for say $60)
and lasting at least 1000 rolls?
has to be no chance right?

spoilers coming later
Sally

added:
I should ask for an example of your play as this can have a few different ways to be played in my opinion

first roll = 6
now you make a $5 DC
next roll = 8
you have a DC on the 8 (behind the 8)
do you now lay the odds or do you just make another $5 DC
what happens if the next roll = 11
you can not be at all thrilled about that, you lost a $5 DC
do you make another $% DC bet for this shooter?
You have made 2 of them already

I have data for having max 2 DCs with odds until the 7out
that might not be they way you like to play
SallyOh
I Heart Vi Hart
SkittleCar1
SkittleCar1
May 17th, 2014 at 6:08:35 AM permalink

totally?
let us change that confusion to understanding (no magic involved)
Sally says "but one could win big"

Question #1) How about if big = $120
in other words here, what do you think are your chances of buying in for say $60, making your don't come bets and single lay odds
and win at least $120?
walk away with at least $180

about 99%
about 50%
about 1%
0% (get real)

I have turned $60 into $120 easily. It's a goal. But if I am there for 20 minutes, I am going to keep playing.

Question #2) How about if big = $600 win
what do you think are your chances of buying in for say $60 again, making your don't come bets and single lay odds
and win at least $600?
walk away with at least $660
enough for dinner and dancing! YES!!

about 99%
about 50%
about 1%
0% (get real)

I would be ecstatic, but I would not expect for that to happen.

more more more

You start with 12 betting units - $60 / 5 = 12
(the same as one buying in for $120,000 and betting $10,000 on a don't come)
could be a big loss for some one

Just last night, I blew through $60 quickly. But its not all the money I brought with me. So to me, it is not a big loss at all. Almost expected to lose it.

more more more and more

Question #3) what do you consider *quite a while*?

examples:
30 rolls
60 rolls
100 rolls or more?

Just last week, I played for over 5 hours straight, not sure how many rolls, started with $60, left with $70. It was loads of fun!

Question #4) what do you think are your chances of playing your current posted betting system (buying in for say $60)
and lasting at least 60 rolls?
about 99%
about 50%
about 1%
0% (get real)

See last answer. I am sure there was more than 60 rolls.

Question #5) what do you think are your chances of playing your current posted betting system (buying in for say $60)
and lasting at least 500 rolls?
about 99%
about 50%
about 1%
0% (get real)

Probably not, but you never know. How many rolls per hour is the average?

Question #6) what do you think are your chances of playing your current posted betting system (buying in for say $60)
and lasting at least 1000 rolls?
has to be no chance right?

spoilers coming later
Sally

See previous.

added:
I should ask for an example of your play as this can have a few different ways to be played in my opinion
first roll = 6
now you make a $5 DC
next roll = 8
you have a DC on the 8 (behind the 8)
do you now lay the odds or do you just make another $5 DC
what happens if the next roll = 11
you can not be at all thrilled about that, you lost a $5 DC
do you make another $% DC bet for this shooter?
You have made 2 of them already

I have data for having max 2 DCs with odds until the 7out
that might not be they way you like to play
SallyOh

Yes, lay odd on the 8. Put up another DC. If 11 comes up, thats it. I wait for the 7 or my number to come down. If, my number comes down, I just wait patiently until the point is made or a 7 out. I do get enjoyment out of watching others, like I have said previously, "for the sport of it. "

:-)
Alembert
Alembert
  • Threads: 7
May 17th, 2014 at 5:54:32 PM permalink
My play very simple and almost mechanical: Pass line and odds, Buy the 4 and 10. I Run a modified d'alembert progression on my 4/10 bets (4 and 10 always move together, both down 1 unit when I win, both up 1 unit when the dice pass) and on my odds.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
May 20th, 2014 at 7:15:44 PM permalink

Absolutely terrible. But it sounds like you know that and are okay with it.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Ahigh
Ahigh
May 20th, 2014 at 8:48:52 PM permalink
This is a little off topic, but groaning when you win and celebrating your losses can sometimes perplex others at the table. It's just a game! HAVE FUN.
aahigh.com
indignant99
indignant99
  • Threads: 2
March 23rd, 2015 at 2:36:29 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Put $5 in the field and let it ride till it's at $240.

Uhhh... Let the "field" ride goes 5, 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, 320. Jumps right over 240.

UNLESS you get ONE SnakeEyes/BoxCars somewhere...
5, 15, 30, 60, 120, 240.
5, 10, 30, 60, 120, 240.
5, 10, 20, 60, 120, 240.
5, 10, 20, 40, 120, 240.
5, 10, 20, 40, 80, 240.

Quote: RS

You got 20 chances for someone to throw 7 fields in a row.

You only need 5 or 6 in a row, not 7.
Yeah, I made a mistake once. I thought I was wrong, when I actually wasn't. -Indignant
  • Jump to: