100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 641
July 24th, 2013 at 6:45:18 AM permalink
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/rec.gambling.craps/bOnvtpZD0gk

Mr V pointed me to the above post.

it's an extremely aggressive progression strategy when winning.
but when losing, it slows you down a lot.
so lots of upside and limits your downside?

you will have many losing sessions since you are aggressively pressing your wins.
but when you hit that homerun of a long roll, you will more than make up for that string on loses.

but at $1000 per session, what bankroll do you need since you will be losing all $1000 often?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
July 24th, 2013 at 7:01:48 AM permalink
Pressing has variations. Sometimes you keep some of your winnings stashed aside and sometimes all is risked. Clearly, in any case, a player has his only chance of winning big if that is the only thing that 'does it' for him.

Any kind of pressing instead of flat betting IMO is a neutral action vis a vis smart gambling or dumb gambling. The only certainty is that a player is increasing the amount that he is gambling ... he is increasing his Action. Action against a house edge in Craps.

Personally, I am not immune to increasing my betting in a bid to win bigger when luck seems to be with me, but overall I tend to go with flat betting and am really a guy that just wants to win a session within the parameters of bets that I am comfortable with. Thus, I found that link lost me pretty quick, it just ain't me.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
July 24th, 2013 at 7:25:39 AM permalink
As a confirmed place bettor, I am pondering how to try this approach using place bets, not come bets.

For example, start at $44 inside; on every hit, increase the number that hit by one unit, at least initially, then by greater magnitude as the roll develops.

Spread out to cover the four and ten once into a profitable roll, then hope for the best.
"What, me worry?"
wrongway
wrongway
  • Threads: 8
July 24th, 2013 at 9:05:00 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

As a confirmed place bettor, I am pondering how to try this approach using place bets, not come bets.

For example, start at $44 inside; on every hit, increase the number that hit by one unit, at least initially, then by greater magnitude as the roll develops.

Spread out to cover the four and ten once into a profitable roll, then hope for the best.

I'm thinking you would need to maybe have a bigger bankroll that what is suggested for the "tough craps". Simply because on the PSO shooters the only thing lost is the odds. On the other hand you are in position to make out on a decent roll sooner than the come bettor so maybe you don't.
slackyhacky
slackyhacky
  • Threads: 49
July 24th, 2013 at 10:04:30 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/rec.gambling.craps/bOnvtpZD0gk

Mr V pointed me to the above post.

it's an extremely aggressive progression strategy when winning.
but when losing, it slows you down a lot.
so lots of upside and limits your downside?

you will have many losing sessions since you are aggressively pressing your wins.
but when you hit that homerun of a long roll, you will more than make up for that string on loses.

but at $1000 per session, what bankroll do you need since you will be losing all $1000 often?

Wait, there are other gambling forums on the internet?
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
July 25th, 2013 at 12:38:01 AM permalink
I lived through that discussion years ago and the situation everyone faces is the same today... just as it was years ago.

Pressing your bets is a personal decision based on whatever you want to base it on. LOL

Everybody has a theory. Everybody has a plan.

Unfortunately no theory and no plan will make the dice come up with the numbers that will make you a winner.

Personally, I don't press bets until I have put back in my rail the initial outlay for each shooter. Sometimes the shooter rolls enough numbers so I can press bets, and most times the shooter doesn't.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
July 25th, 2013 at 12:39:20 AM permalink
Quote:

Wait, there are other gambling forums on the internet?

I pulled the thread up from that dead board's archives.
"What, me worry?"
  • Jump to: