Thread Rating:

Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
April 5th, 2013 at 1:48:51 PM permalink
Ahigh are you and Superrick the same person?
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 5th, 2013 at 1:54:18 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

Without going into details of compensation for my normal line of work, let's just say that I am very well off and have been paid very well for over a decade in my career.

I only decided to pursue craps as a hobby in Fall of 2006. At that moment in time, I was working a very challenging job bringing down good money while earning enough in interest to pay all of my bills.

I am happy.

:-)

Good story and good life lessons.

Did you wrangle the job with IGT based on a desire to be in Las Vegas, or did that just come about on its own?

From the conversations I had with you in Vegas, your job seems like pretty much the best job in the world. Definitely one of those "not-really-a-job" jobs. Who else gets to mess around with high-tech gaming devices all day and get paid for it? Of course you worked hard over the course of your career to get to that point.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
April 5th, 2013 at 2:05:34 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

Good story and good life lessons.

Did you wrangle the job with IGT based on a desire to be in Las Vegas, or did that just come about on its own?

From the conversations I had with you in Vegas, your job seems like pretty much the best job in the world. Definitely one of those "not-really-a-job" jobs. Who else gets to mess around with high-tech gaming devices all day and get paid for it? Of course you worked hard over the course of your career to get to that point.

I would hope that those who observe the work that I do in my free time realize that the work that I do for money is even more intense!

But the only way you can work that hard is if you have a frame of mind that it is not really work, it is something that you love doing.

Most people have stuff that they love doing, but they don't do it non stop.

But when you are doing something that you really love to do, it sucks when someone tells you, "okay time's up! we have to do the other stuff that you hate to do now."

Generally speaking, that doesn't happen to me. The stuff that I hate to do is go to sleep. I don't really enjoy getting my car fixed, and other things like haircuts, and paying speeding tickets, and stuff.

But that sort of stuff doesn't happen that much.

I love my job though. It's awesome.

I've said it before, and I have told my boss this when he asked once, but I have no aspirations to become a professional gambler.

My job is more important to me.

They tolerate my craps play (my employer, my family, my kids, the dealers, the pit crews), but nobody seriously understands why I play as much as I do.

Nobody.

Just a couple of days ago, I got the signal that I needed to spend some time with the family and I did. But even the kids and the woman understand that it is an extreme passion for me to follow through with.
aahigh.com
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 5th, 2013 at 2:10:15 PM permalink

I needed to spend some time with the family and I did. But even the kids and the woman understand that it is .

'The woman'? Really? The woman? Do your knuckles
drag on the ground when you walk? Does she have a
name or even a title, like, oh I don't know, wife or
girlfriend?
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Ahigh
Ahigh
April 5th, 2013 at 2:14:56 PM permalink
<deleted off topic>
aahigh.com
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 5th, 2013 at 2:35:00 PM permalink

She likes being referred to as "my woman."

Yes, what woman doesn't like being objectified, with
no name or title. What was I thinking.. My wife would
murder me if I referred to her that way, but I spoiled
her by learning her name or calling her 'my wife'.

BTW, 'the woman' and 'my woman' are not the same.
Can you see why?
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 5th, 2013 at 3:08:57 PM permalink
Ahigh, do NOT send me PM's if you can't receive them
back. I will answer them here if that's what you want,
but don't send me any more on a one way street basis.
Ahigh
Ahigh
April 5th, 2013 at 3:11:35 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Ahigh, do NOT send me PM's if you can't receive them
back. I will answer them here if that's what you want,
but don't send me any more on a one way street basis.

Stop addressing me.
aahigh.com
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 5th, 2013 at 3:14:42 PM permalink

Stop addressing me.

YOU sent me a PM that I can't answer! YOU'RE
addressing ME!

This is insane.
Ahigh
Ahigh
April 5th, 2013 at 3:16:29 PM permalink

YOU sent me a PM that I can't answer! YOU'RE
addressing ME!

This is insane.

Your posts are insane.

My PM wasn't a question. I said stop talking about my woman. This whole tangent is totally off topic.

I know you are king of post count and proud of your noise level.

Just keep the subject off my woman or what I call her or anything else.

MMMkkay? All I said was she supports me and you gotta jump on what I call her what I refer to her or what not.

Not you damn business, bro.

Why you gotta post so much about pretty much NOTHING all the damn time?

There a question for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KING OF NOISE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aahigh.com
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 5th, 2013 at 3:23:37 PM permalink

My PM wasn't a question. I said stop talking about my woman.

I was curious, I have never in my life heard a man
refer to his wife as 'the woman'. When you post
something on a public forum, don't be surprised
when you get comments about it.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
April 5th, 2013 at 3:26:20 PM permalink
Ahigh, please do me one favor: please tell me that the post you made before (that you deleted) was just a joke. Please tell me that you didn't think that I (a 60+ year old guy with two kids almost your age) would make a pass at your wife at dinner and that's why you wouldn't accept my invitation.

And (second request) please understand that no one is attacking you personally. Just as you love the game of craps, we love this subject. I would love to discover the world's first, true dice controller/influencer who has mastered the dice. It's like the holy grail of gambling.

Card counting has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt. I would love to see dice influencing/control proven beyond a reasonable doubt too. I was "into it" years before you were.
Ahigh
Ahigh
April 5th, 2013 at 3:28:00 PM permalink
I'll take both of you guys off block if you can just stop attacking me so much. Especially on tangents and what not.

Just give me a damn break!
aahigh.com
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
April 5th, 2013 at 3:30:32 PM permalink
Damnt no one is attacking you. This is a discussion forum. Discuss. It's okay.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 5th, 2013 at 3:31:16 PM permalink

I'll take both of you guys off block if you can just stop attacking me so much. !

Please give examples where Alan and I attacked
you. Comments and questions are not attacks.
FrankScoblete
FrankScoblete
  • Threads: 69
April 5th, 2013 at 3:52:43 PM permalink
Okay, I skimmed the last bunch of threads. I think if we eliminate the sarcasm we can go a long way in just discussing ideas. I do not take offense when someone criticizes me. I once had an author, a well known author too, say that if he woke up and found out he were me he'd kill himself. I still gave his book a good review because the book deserved it. Another writer said I was a "blood clot." (No one is allowed to use that against me.)

I do not think, in threads, that anyone can "prove" dice control (or dice influence) exists. As Hamlet said when asked by Polonious what he was reading, Hamlet's response was "Words, words, words."

Since we are dealing with "words, words, words" it just doesn't matter what others think in so far as proving your point to them. You just state your case, give what you think is your analysis, and then wait for whatever comes at you. I have noticed that plenty of posters disagree with me on most of my posts on this site. So what? They can state their opinions and that is fine.

The sarcasm is a waste of time since discussions are not pushed forward with sarcasm. Sarcasm only works amongst the group that agrees with you, as in "You told Scoblete a thing or two." It has no effect on anything in reality.

A final point, I have no interest in proving dice control is real. I enjoy giving my opinions. I enjoy those who agree with me. I enjoy those who disagree. Those who have taken my class know the truth --- as authors Stanford Wong, Henry Tamburin, Don Catlin, Gus Rose, John Grochowski, and others will attest --- I enjoy those who have tailed me around the country will attest. But I cannot prove this in "words, words, words" and I have no interest whatsoever in proving it otherwise. I would prefer that these things stay controversial. It is far more fun.

Our lives are spent in "words, words, words" and I enjoy that. I do believe for the sake of enjoyment that the sarcasm be avoided but I also know that sarcasm is a way of trying to show superiority over whatever one is being sarcastic about.

Okay, here is the bottom line for those who are blocking those who are annoying them. What they are saying is "words, words, words" so just enjoy it all.
tupp
tupp
  • Threads: 3
April 5th, 2013 at 3:52:56 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Damnt no one is attacking you.

Is this a joke?
tupp
tupp
April 5th, 2013 at 3:56:31 PM permalink

Please give examples where Alan and I attacked you.

Wow.

Comments and questions are not attacks.

Really? That's good to know, because I have a comment about your wife and a question about how she keeps you.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 5th, 2013 at 4:02:04 PM permalink
Quote: tupp

Wow.
Really? That's good to know, because I have a comment about your wife and a question about how she keeps you.

That's fine, as long as its in response to something I
said about her. If its just an ad hominem attack, keep
it to yourself.
dicesitter
dicesitter
  • Threads: 32
April 5th, 2013 at 5:05:00 PM permalink
well see we accomplished something here today, we now k now what kind of guy Ahigh is, Watch my show,
see that i am special in the world of craps... but dont dare do something i cant, dont dare believe in
something i dont.

The problem with associating with people like that is sooner or later they bring you down to their level.

I agree with Alan 100%, you have to have a good throw to get good results... one comes before the
other. Alan i will find a way to show you what my throw looks like.

Dicesitter
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
April 5th, 2013 at 5:30:13 PM permalink
Quote: dicesitter

well see we accomplished something here today, we now k now what kind of guy Ahigh is, Watch my show,
see that i am special in the world of craps... but dont dare do something i cant, dont dare believe in
something i dont.

Yes, it is like he is on a jihad; which would be "normal" enough in the world today, except it seems he's targeted only himself.

How ... cerebral.
"What, me worry?"
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
April 5th, 2013 at 6:17:48 PM permalink

I agree with Alan 100%, you have to have a good throw to get good results... one comes before the

Dicesitter

Dicesitter did you say you are in Vegas or another city? I go to Vegas all the time for work. And anytime you're there let me know and I want to hook up with you!
dicesitter
dicesitter
April 5th, 2013 at 9:19:13 PM permalink
that would be great. also have something else in mind, if we can i will make a vedio for utube

dicesitter
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
April 5th, 2013 at 9:25:46 PM permalink

that would be great. also have something else in mind, if we can i will make a vedio for utube

dicesitter

You've got the right guy for video production. Do it well and you'll be on TV too.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
April 5th, 2013 at 9:43:28 PM permalink
Frank or anyone who may know. I really Don't know who is teaching or part of the current Dice crews and classes. You keep mentioning Stanford Wong's name. My question is: 1) is Wong a part of any dice teaching exploits? 2) If not is he out there playing craps ,employing craps players or taking action on DI/DC ?
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
nezbit
nezbit
  • Threads: 6
April 6th, 2013 at 12:11:28 AM permalink
the tricky part about all of this is if you bet perfectly in craps the house edge is still very very small, that being said a very large sample sizes need to be taken in order to prove any of this. some of you say what is point in proving it? uhhh claims that just are not true at all. Everyone wins at the casinos from time to time, but, can you win more than you lose AKA have an edge?

I can promise though that over time and LOTS of throws the numbers will not lie. Just ask the casino they make all their money this way.

Based on what i have heard and read so far a test wont ever be conducted, as i can understand why, i wouldnt want to be called out and shown i was wrong, that might cause distress and hurt my ego. I understand that.

I am still waiting for someone to answer my question about the single dice?

Chuck one to end of table let it land. Now roll the 2nd one and avoid the 7.

This is technically what is happening when you throw 2 dice. dont tell me no its not, because it is, 1 combo of 7 can be made from any wall of one side of one di with a second di. this is obvious and we all know that.

So now someone please tell me "can you roll one di" and avoid whatever number i chose? tell me why its different, because obviously this is what answer i will get back if any at all.

Conclusion: if this cant be achieved over the long run, then DC/DI wont work

Lets talk hypothetical here. Say the average person can not roll a 7, 1 in 6 times. Would you agree with me then that a DI/DC must be higher than this number? YES. Now if you think so, then you are avoiding a 7 better than the numbers allow somehow and this is what i am trying to get to the bottom of. HOW?

I have read books, seen all the information out there, watched videos, I get it in theory, but it breaks down to randomness of the dice themselves.

say when you hold the dice you have 100% control. You throw the dice through the air they start spinning lets say still 70% in control. They hit the table now they will bounce based on how they hit the table (angle, velocity, edge hit, ect...) lets say you still are at 25% ( big stretch at this point ). Now it hits back alll (or should at most casinos) and by this time all control will ultimately be lost. The side they hit and the side they land on are never consistent especially on both of the dice...but 83.333% you will not a roll a 7 so you will always have that 5/6 false hope you are just killin it. wrong.

You can see how this argument will never get solved unless tests are conducted.

I challenge you guys who really believe in yourselves to step and show that you can avoid 7s better than the average person.

Take 10 DI/DC and put them up against 10 random people continue to throw dice until variance has been eliminated completely (lots of throws) and you are left with obvious results.

My guess is randoms with be somewhere equal to or around 6 and DI/DC "should" be greater than 6

if this is the case, then you have my vote im on board lets hit the fuckin casinos and win big.
Ahigh
Ahigh
April 6th, 2013 at 12:15:36 AM permalink

something i dont.

The problem with associating with people like that is sooner or later they bring you down to their level.

Dicesitter

Dicesetter,

If you already have everything figured out, you are way ahead of me, and that's great. If you're all about doing your advantage play and making tons of money, that's great. This website is not even a website for preaching the gospel of dice control.

The website is a website for people who gamble in Las Vegas. Craps is just one game. And getting the best deal is a big thing for the Wizard. And the Wizard has made it clear that he does not have a proof that dice control is possible, and so I am trying to fill in the gaps.

Someone made the point that I could go to a dice control or influence class (maybe it was you) or that I could post on a DI forum (I have heard that plenty).

Those people don't understand what I am doing.

In fact, I don't think you understand what I am doing.

But I can tell you this: if you've got it all figured out and you want to talk with others who have it all figured out, go over to the axis power website or another DI website.

Most of my interest is, in fact, to do the actual work to look into the possibility of proof.

So, for example, 7craps has assisted greatly in telling me about the math behind chi-squared. It took me a long time to get that in my software, and now in my shows, I get instant updates for chi-squared as I go along. That's the kind of thing that happens on this forum. You learn about many of the technical details of the math and how things work with math.

And there are many other very intelligent folks on here that I wish to learn from and improve my research towards trying to see if it is in fact possible using science, not faith.

If you already know that you have an influenced shot and you're winning a ton of money, that is just awesome. But, yeah, why are you even on this forum? To be more blunt, what is it that you are contributing to the forum here? Just saying "oh yeah, I can do it, and Ahigh needs to learn from the masters!"

Jesus, dude. Give it a rest. I really don't think you have given any more thought to what I am doing that how to spell the messages that you post up on here. It's borderline on silly how much you don't care about the details. Just slop on through it and make claims about how great you are.

I can't imagine, frankly, that someone who can't spend the time to spell a word right in an internet post has any credibility at all about the subject of whether dice control is possible.

And, just so that you know and understand, I don't have you blocked, but I generally ignore almost everything that I see you write. ESPECIALLY when you condescend me suggesting that you are better than me with your shot or whatever else.

But do please meet up with Alan and whoever else and talk about what a joke I am and laugh behind my back and call me names if that makes you feel better. I don't know. Whatever floats your boat bro. But those messages from you are really pretty weak .. overall. I don't even get to the point of considering seriously anything that you say. I pretty much shut down on credibility with the lack of grammar, sentence structure, and overall concern for general message content and correctness of ANYTHING that you say.
aahigh.com
Ahigh
Ahigh
April 6th, 2013 at 12:21:49 AM permalink
Quote: nezbit

the tricky part about all of this is if you bet perfectly in craps the house edge is still very very small, that being said a very large sample sizes need to be taken in order to prove any of this. some of you say what is point in proving it? uhhh claims that just are not true at all. Everyone wins at the casinos from time to time, but, can you win more than you lose AKA have an edge?

I can promise though that over time and LOTS of throws the numbers will not lie. Just ask the casino they make all their money this way.

Based on what i have heard and read so far a test wont ever be conducted, as i can understand why, i wouldnt want to be called out and shown i was wrong, that might cause distress and hurt my ego. I understand that.

I am still waiting for someone to answer my question about the single dice?

Chuck one to end of table let it land. Now roll the 2nd one and avoid the 7.

This is technically what is happening when you throw 2 dice. dont tell me no its not, because it is, 1 combo of 7 can be made from any wall of one side of one di with a second di. this is obvious and we all know that.

So now someone please tell me "can you roll one di" and avoid whatever number i chose? tell me why its different, because obviously this is what answer i will get back if any at all.

Conclusion: if this cant be achieved over the long run, then DC/DI wont work

Lets talk hypothetical here. Say the average person can not roll a 7, 1 in 6 times. Would you agree with me then that a DI/DC must be higher than this number? YES. Now if you think so, then you are avoiding a 7 better than the numbers allow somehow and this is what i am trying to get to the bottom of. HOW?

I have read books, seen all the information out there, watched videos, I get it in theory, but it breaks down to randomness of the dice themselves.

say when you hold the dice you have 100% control. You throw the dice through the air they start spinning lets say still 70% in control. They hit the table now they will bounce based on how they hit the table (angle, velocity, edge hit, ect...) lets say you still are at 25% ( big stretch at this point ). Now it hits back alll (or should at most casinos) and by this time all control will ultimately be lost. The side they hit and the side they land on are never consistent especially on both of the dice...but 83.333% you will not a roll a 7 so you will always have that 5/6 false hope you are just killin it. wrong.

You can see how this argument will never get solved unless tests are conducted.

I challenge you guys who really believe in yourselves to step and show that you can avoid 7s better than the average person.

Take 10 DI/DC and put them up against 10 random people continue to throw dice until variance has been eliminated completely (lots of throws) and you are left with obvious results.

My guess is randoms with be somewhere equal to or around 6 and DI/DC "should" be greater than 6

if this is the case, then you have my vote im on board lets hit the fuckin casinos and win big.

I'll make this point again, but you are way way way behind. You need to go and read the resources that the Wizard already has out there that outlines the analysis that he has done on the theory behind dice control.

Without picking apart every detail in your message, the dice are not thrown independently one after another. In fact, it's disallowed.

So there's no point in discussing that. They are thrown together.

Because they are thrown together, the vital piece that I think you are missing knowledge of is what the Wizard refers to as correlation theory of dice control.

https://wizardofodds.com/games/craps/appendix/4/

The only evidence that even support dice control that I have been able to see in my own shot is from correlation shooting.

As I learn more, I may be able to characterize evidence of other theories, but so far I haven't been able to.

This is a big reason I wanted to get someone else to demonstrate a shot on film.

But anyway, do some independent reading and research to catch up. A lot of your posts just seem to want to rehash information that is already out there just because you don't already get it.

I don't mind giving you pointers, but when you seem to imply that I'm wrong because you don't understand something or that it's impossible because of how you think, you could always sort of go and read some of the older messages on the board and catch up. They are out there along with the appendices and other resources that the Wizard has put together.
aahigh.com
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
April 6th, 2013 at 12:30:01 AM permalink

But do please meet up with Alan and whoever else and talk about what a joke I am and laugh behind my back and call me names if that makes you feel better.

Ahigh, it's time for you to come down from your cross.

But allow me to make a suggestion -- and perhaps I can help you publicize this and so can everyone else here.

Why don't you issue an invitation to all self proclaimed dice influencers/controlers/expert shooters to come on your Ahigh show and show their stuff "on the record" and "for the record."

And to make the invitation appealing, let the shooter himself explain what he plans to show. Then let them show it. You have the venue, you have the technology, you have the location -- you're right in Vegas.

Send your invitation to all of the schools to say "come on down, and show your stuff. No charge. No interference."

This would be the ultimate put up or shut up, or as you like to say, the ultimate "show me."
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
April 6th, 2013 at 1:46:41 AM permalink
It has already been done, and it was done by Ahigh himself, on another board. The reply was no thanks. The invitation was not appealing. Some people are just not that stupid. Your greed, and lets not mince words, greed is what this is all about, is appalling. And what dicesitter (What kind of name is this?) is doing here is unfathomable, also.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
April 6th, 2013 at 4:03:15 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Why don't you issue an invitation to all self proclaimed dice influencers/controlers/expert shooters to come on your Ahigh show and show their stuff "on the record" and "for the record."

Hasn't he done that?

I dare any of them to show up wearing a mask!
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
April 6th, 2013 at 4:35:45 AM permalink
Ahigh I respect what your doing especially if you are only motivated by finding out the truth. I dislike the idea of people touting this just to make money off of suckers especially people who wont risk any significant amount of their own money because they don't really believe in it themselves. When I say suckers I don't think everyone that attempts this or takes classes are suckers.
Some very reasonable intelligent successful people with time and money have legitimately analyzed and attempted this and not just the old college try but extensively with lessons from "the best" on their own real craps tables using new computer software, cameras and video. None I know of Believed they could make any money doing this.I'm not 100% sure it cant be done. I want to believe I REALLY do Want this to work. Please prove this because I can toss the dice with better accuracy then anyone I have seen with way less practicing. I would be a 1st round draft pick and Rookie of the year. I hope you don't attack my grammar and sentence structure that's possibility hitting below the belt and no way to win a fight. I would definitely have to wear a brass cup they may have Lexdysia.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 6th, 2013 at 5:43:37 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I hope you don't attack my grammar and sentence structure that's possibility hitting below the belt and no way to win a fight. .

Were you here when I started picking apart his grammer
and sentence structure? He cried like a baby and screamed
for me to leave him alone. Yet he does it to others all the
time. Not very fair, is it.
Mikey75
Mikey75
  • Threads: 49
April 6th, 2013 at 7:19:50 AM permalink
Can we not just all get along??? I haven't been here very long but the hostility on this board is amazing!! How about everyone take a chill pill and simmer down.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
April 6th, 2013 at 8:10:43 AM permalink

So far, it is absolutely a random toss. I just have gotten lucky to have a good rolls to seven ratio with my random toss.

So how does that further your often-professed interest in assaying dice influencing or controlling? If all this activity and these words amount to randomness, then what is being perpetrated is nothing more than a useless exercise in futility.

The outcomes is all that matters to the stick man and the dealer and the box man.

In one way that is accurate. In many more ways, it is not. Just in the realm of game integrity, those employees are very much concerned with factors like table conditions, dice conditions, chips, lighting, dice tossing conditions and even security and supervision. Not to mention other aspects like comfort (for themselves and customers), tokes and the like.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
April 6th, 2013 at 8:24:12 AM permalink
Quote: Mikey75

Can we not just all get along??? I haven't been here very long but the hostility on this board is amazing!! How about everyone take a chill pill and simmer down.

Aaron's persuit of truth has been a fun read. Those with short Johnsons wishing to cash in, or claim dice prowess in this and other like threads need to chill. WIFM, ie "What's in it for me", is the replacement around here for "Follow the money".
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
dicesitter
dicesitter
April 6th, 2013 at 8:29:29 AM permalink
Demango

I lost you some where on the greed thing.. as far i as i can tell i would make nothing from any of this Frank surely
cant make any anything from any class.

Now as far as the comments about dice control etc.... As Ahigh indicated this is a casino or gambling site... that
should mean anything to do with gambling or any gambling game can and should be discussed here... But it seems
that is not the case, unless you agree with controller of this site. And if the controller of the site cant find a way to discredit
something you are saying then he insults you by discussing your typing skills or spellling....incredibly child like, that is
something you see in a political room where everything is emotion.

As far as dice control and ego... that nonsense... any dicussion i have ever seen has to do with the throw and what
influence is possible. there is no saying look at me see how good i am, it is this are the results i have had, the results
others have had.... this is what can be done...... that implies others can do it, you can do it. No where in that is there
any comment about one person being better than another.

As far as showing anyone anything about the throw i indicated i would provide Alan a video of what the throw looks like,
he may like it he may not. but what ever it is , it is.... I would not waste 2 seconds being a ginny pig for Ahigh. When i first
got here i was impressed that anyone would take the time to have the video system, what a cool way to show what can be done,
however it has become crystal clear some people want only to show what cant be done.

Alan i am heading off to Laughfin this Wednesday for some play, and we may even drive up to play at the 4Qeens and PLaza
next Saturday,. that has not been confirmed and i am meeting couple of guys from the vegas area for some play. I think my next
trip to vegas will be in October.

Really hope to see you along the way

Dicesitter
superrick
superrick
  • Threads: 28
April 6th, 2013 at 8:41:16 AM permalink
Lecturer claims aliens are closer than you think

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/apr/06/lecturer-claims-aliens-are-closer-you-think/

This story is brought to you By Brian Nordli and the Las Vegas Sun.

Quote:

To some in the audience, it comes off as utter malarkey spoken from a man off his rocker. To others, his lectures expand their views on a topic they know about, and then there are those who take it with a grain of salt.

Do you believe? There are way to many guys that will believe anything they read about craps. We could use this article as an example, Do you take everything you read as the truth, or do you question it? Do you think that you are right 100% of the time or do you admit when you are wrong?

Ask any police officer or an FBI agent how people fall for some of the scam they fall for and they will say the same thing, because they want to believe and greed! Most scams have to do with making ease money or getting something for nothing.

Most humans are easy prey for anybody that wants to scam them. So is dice control a scam, where everybody wants to believe that the shooter can control the dice that tries it? Do they have the guys that claim to be DI's so convinced that they can do, it they will lose large sums of money trying to prove everybody wrong that says it can't be done?

Or are they just like the lucky so-called random rollers that I was on a table with last night, where the one lucky lady rolled a four point fire bet, then the next time she had the fourth point established but seven out before she could make it. She was shooting from table end and the next lucky random roller shooting from the right side of the table, at table end did the same thing. He had the fourth point established but seven out!

They were not tracking their rolls, so they are not going on to any forum, bragging about how many points they made. Now if the guy was trying to be a DI, he would be writing a trip report telling all the other guys what a great shooter he is. When in fact there are random rollers that do the same thing everyday.

Now on the other end of the spectrum we have Ahigh, where he is trying to prove something about shooting the dice, some readers on this board will say what he is doing is nothing but random, others say he has some control. Who is right and who is wrong, at one point in time he is winning, then he may have a bad string of sevens.

The one thing he is doing is giving everybody the opportunity to see him shooting or anybody else that wants to step up in front of a camera! The one thing that I will always point out is that its not in a real casino, with all the stupid players doing every stupid thing they can that will stop a roll from happening. He doesn't have players throwing in late bets, chips in his way, money hitting the table as he is shooting, stupid players making every prop bet that is on the table and so on and so on!

So far we have two guys that stepped up in front of a camera, nobody that sells anything on the internet about dice control or has written anybody on that subject has said that they would let everybody see them shooting under the same conditions that Ahigh has on his table. I know that Heavy is in town this month, he is one of these so-called experts, wouldn't you think that he would want to show the world how good of a shooter he is? Ahigh and him could go heads to heads. The expert against the guy that everybody says has no control what so ever, who would come out on top? My bet would be on?

Next up he could have FS on his show!

It all goes back to one thing and that proving anything is sometimes harder they it looks, if Ahigh was to win, everybody would say it was because it was Ahighs table, that he had an unfair advantage on Heavy. On the other hand wouldn't you think that an expert could beat Ahigh on any table?
Note, all my post start with this is just my opinion...! You do good brada ..! superrick Winning comes from knowledge and skill when your betting and not reading fiction http://procraps4u2.myfanforum.org/index.php ...
Ahigh
Ahigh
April 6th, 2013 at 10:11:54 AM permalink
There will be another shooter on the Ahigh show. I just don't know who it will be!

If I were thinking about taking a dice class and I was reading this thread, I don't know if I would want to take a dice class from someone who was afraid to do a live demonstration of their shot.

Until I see enough live demonstrations from a single shooter, no matter who the shooter is, I am going to assume that any tiny amount of control I might be able to get is better than any amount of control that they actually have (not what they THINK they have, but what they ACTUALLY have).

There is a fantasy land out there of stories that are not true.

My credibility is very important to me. And I have told some pretty unbelievable stories like having throws where the table dumps $60,000! My stories are true, and I pay very special attention to telling the truth so that I continue to have the credibility that I earned.

Not having the credibility to have people believe that I am not cherry picking, along with the SOOPOO challenge and wanting to make that the best event possible is why I spent the time, money, and effort to do all this setup for the live broadcasts. It's not about my ego, as some people might think. It's about the research and it's about credibility.

I think we all know how it is when you tell a lie, and you get put into a position where people hone in on that lie. But even when you accomplish something that doesn't seem possible and you get it on video (like my hardways) you get people saying "bullshit."

Yesterday in two different casinos, I rolled four hard tens with no easy in less than ten throws. When I had the 9 hardways in less than 10 throws, I did that with 4 hard tens in there. At the first casino Friday morning, I hit 4 hard tens in 6 throws (with no easy). Later at another casino I rolled 4 hard tens in 9 throws (also with no easy). And here is what I will tell you about this fact, and many other facts about my throwing and skill at shooting:

(A) It's irrelevant because I have no proof
(B) Just even SAYING that makes me sound like fool

I didn't bet or win money on these throws. In both cases, the dealers very ACTIVELY made fun of me for not making money by parlaying the hardways.

But to get back to the point, I would tell every last crazy unexpected thing I did in the casino if it wouldn't absolutely RUIN my credibility. And that's why I don't tell you (and no I don't even EXPECT you to believe what I said up there, because I wouldn't believe it if I were in your position).

But going back to, "why do you have your own show?"

It is so that I can see for myself what is actually happening and so that I can have a mechanism for broadcasting what is happening without spending a bunch of time with the details of how good my ability to document what is happening is. I mean just even an honest mistake in documenting what happens is enough to get yourself believing bullshit!

If I already KNEW how to most effectively bet according to my throw without doing all this stuff, I wouldn't do all this stuff.

But absolutely, I do not know.

But one thing that I do know is that all this gear and live broadcast stuff lets everybody see the truth. Live broadcasts are unique in allowing groups of people to witness first hand what is happening and make up their own minds.

So I do hope there is someone else who is as interested in the truth of what they can do without a fear for what they might not accomplish.

So far, very few are willing to put their reputation on the line to do this. His name is Nickolay and of course there is the Avenger!

Everybody else is, well, I call it "skeeered."
aahigh.com
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
April 6th, 2013 at 11:00:28 AM permalink

There will be another shooter on the Ahigh show. I just don't know who it will be!

If I were thinking about taking a dice class and I was reading this thread, I don't know if I would want to take a dice class from someone who was afraid to do a live demonstration of their shot.

Until I see enough live demonstrations from a single shooter, no matter who the shooter is, I am going to assume that any tiny amount of control I might be able to get is better than any amount of control that they actually have (not what they THINK they have, but what they ACTUALLY have).

There is a fantasy land out there of stories that are not true.

My credibility is very important to me. And I have told some pretty unbelievable stories like having throws where the table dumps $60,000! My stories are true, and I pay very special attention to telling the truth so that I continue to have the credibility that I earned.

Not having the credibility to have people believe that I am not cherry picking, along with the SOOPOO challenge and wanting to make that the best event possible is why I spent the time, money, and effort to do all this setup for the live broadcasts. It's not about my ego, as some people might think. It's about the research and it's about credibility.

I think we all know how it is when you tell a lie, and you get put into a position where people hone in on that lie. But even when you accomplish something that doesn't seem possible and you get it on video (like my hardways) you get people saying "bullshit."

Yesterday in two different casinos, I rolled four hard tens with no easy in less than ten throws. When I had the 9 hardways in less than 10 throws, I did that with 4 hard tens in there. At the first casino Friday morning, I hit 4 hard tens in 6 throws (with no easy). Later at another casino I rolled 4 hard tens in 9 throws (also with no easy). And here is what I will tell you about this fact, and many other facts about my throwing and skill at shooting:

(A) It's irrelevant because I have no proof
(B) Just even SAYING that makes me sound like fool

I didn't bet or win money on these throws. In both cases, the dealers very ACTIVELY made fun of me for not making money by parlaying the hardways.

But to get back to the point, I would tell every last crazy unexpected thing I did in the casino if it wouldn't absolutely RUIN my credibility. And that's why I don't tell you (and no I don't even EXPECT you to believe what I said up there, because I wouldn't believe it if I were in your position).

But going back to, "why do you have your own show?"

It is so that I can see for myself what is actually happening and so that I can have a mechanism for broadcasting what is happening without spending a bunch of time with the details of how good my ability to document what is happening is. I mean just even an honest mistake in documenting what happens is enough to get yourself believing bullshit!

If I already KNEW how to most effectively bet according to my throw without doing all this stuff, I wouldn't do all this stuff.

But absolutely, I do not know.

But one thing that I do know is that all this gear and live broadcast stuff lets everybody see the truth. Live broadcasts are unique in allowing groups of people to witness first hand what is happening and make up their own minds.

So I do hope there is someone else who is as interested in the truth of what they can do without a fear for what they might not accomplish.

So far, very few are willing to put their reputation on the line to do this. His name is Nickolay and of course there is the Avenger!

Everybody else is, well, I call it "skeeered."

The Wolf713 would like to do the challenge and probably hasn't seen your invite. PM him or something Ahigh, he's beat the challenge in another venue and is good of character.

Questions; For recording throws, did you ever try that click counter that fit in the chip rail? That looked like a pretty good device for either total or face counts?

Don't recall the name but would the software that just let's you speak and some "voip" type program does the typing for you be helpful when recording rolls on your show?

It's a good life if you don't weaken,
Petro
MrV
MrV
April 6th, 2013 at 11:25:34 AM permalink

My credibility is very important to me...It's not about my ego, as some people might think...It's about the research and it's about credibility...It is so that I can see for myself what is actually happening...But one thing that I do know is that all this gear and live broadcast stuff lets everybody see the truth.

Laudable, yet arguably somewhat misguided.

Perhaps you could use some of your money to hire an "expert" to devise a truly "scientific" test.

You know a bit about the game of craps, but little about the scientific method.

This is a task for a pro, not well-meaning amateurs.
"What, me worry?"
tupp
tupp
April 6th, 2013 at 11:58:18 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Laudable, yet arguably somewhat misguided. Perhaps you could use some of your money to hire an "expert" to devise a truly "scientific" test. You know a bit about the game of craps, but little about the scientific method. This is a task for a pro, not well-meaning amateurs.

Glad that an authority like you is here to lecture Ahigh (and everybody else) on what constitutes acceptable scientific method.

Certainly, there is nothing empirical about documenting and filming rolls on an actual casino craps table, along with slow-motion studies of dice rolls and the utilization of advanced analytical software.

It's really great that someone so knowledgeable is here on the forum to set everyone straight (and, then, to give such detailed instructions on proper testing technique).
MrV
MrV
April 6th, 2013 at 12:03:01 PM permalink
Quote: tupp

Glad that an authority like you is here to lecture Ahigh (and everybody else) on what constitutes acceptable scientific method.
It's really great that someone so knowledgeable is here on the forum to set everyone straight (and, then, to give such detailed instructions on proper testing technique).

Hey, the poor guy is floundering.

I'm trying to throw him a life raft.

I have no idea how to design, implement, execute, document, analyze and interpret data from a test, and I don't think he does, either.

Seriously, have any objective scientists explored the issue, or is it just a bunch of Kool-Aid drinkers seeking to validate their beliefs?
"What, me worry?"
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
April 6th, 2013 at 12:49:04 PM permalink

I have no idea how to design, implement, execute, document, analyze and interpret data from a test, and I don't think he does, either.

Seriously, have any objective scientists explored the issue, or is it just a bunch of Kool-Aid drinkers seeking to validate their beliefs?

First the person must make an allegation... a hypothesis.... about what they can do....

An example..... "I can roll as many 8's as 7's"

Next you have to decide what confidence interval you want your results to be in to establish 'proof'.

You might say "I want the results to be only possible by random chance 1 in 1000 times.

Now a 'math person' can tell you how many rolls you will need to prove your hypothesis.

Since most "DIs" claim only a small advantage, they are able to hide from a true test, as the number of rolls to reach a reasonable level of proof will be quite high. The challenge that Nickolay participated in, with 200 rolls, and his claim he can roll 15% or fewer 7's, would have been achievable with a random roller around a third of the time. I'll leave it to Mathextremist or the Wiz, but even a modest claim of rolling 15% or fewer rolls would take thousands of rolls to achieve even a 99% certainty, let alone a 99.9% certainty. And thousands of rolls takes a lot of time....
Zcore13
Zcore13
  • Threads: 41
April 6th, 2013 at 1:03:12 PM permalink
I have no problem with Ahigh's set up. I'd say it's probably as close to a scientific and controlled setting as you can get. I believe his statistics he has posted can be legit as well. The only two things I have a problem with at this point is:

1. He gets an attitude and becomes sarcastic and condescending. I don't believe that is how a true scientist or person that creates lab experiments acts. They let the numbers speak for themselves and they allow people to participate in, watch and analyse the data without becoming defensive. His passion for the game and defensiveness gets in the way of the true work he is doing.

2. The amount of rolls analyzed so far is not enough to prove anything other than he is on a good run. I don't care about chi squared (I think that's what it's called) or any other way to predict what could or would be if it were more rolls. Actual rolls from the human involved are what matters. Humans are humans. We have streaks, we have good days and bad days. We can even have unconscious runs where everything falls into place. You have to actually do the work to prove the theory. The Wiz does not run a simulation of 2,500 trials when he is analyzing a game for a gaming company and say chi squared says we're okay now. He does a full analysis.

Now no human is going to be able to roll a billion rolls. so there has to be a number that would be a fair amount that would be the minimum of actual rolls to say, "Wow, he not only pulled off a 1 in million shot, but he then repeated it" At that point, the odds are just to great to overcome twice in a row and you have to believe there is something to it.

ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. Former Table Games Director,, current Pit Supervisor. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
tupp
tupp
April 6th, 2013 at 1:35:40 PM permalink

Really? I hadn't noticed.

I have noticed the forum's peanut gallery making efforts to portray dissenters as pathetic and misguided. Such misleading portrayals do not fly with many on this forum, and the insults are seen as merely picking on the individual to avoid the issue.

However, perhaps you could explain exactly how Ahigh is poor and how he is "floundering."

Obviously, you're intentions are completely altruistic.

That's interesting, because you speak with such authority on scientific method when you say, "You know a bit about the game of craps, but little about the scientific method."

Now you admit that you don't know anything about scientific method, yet you still dismiss the efforts of others as unscientific.

Seriously, have any objective scientists explored the issue,...?

In dice influencing tests, how can one be more objective than documenting and filming rolls for all to see?

... or is it just a bunch of Kool-Aid drinkers seeking to validate their beliefs?

Perhaps the ones who should ask this question of themselves are those who as a group launch personal attacks against dissenters, instead of facing the actual issues.
MrV
MrV
April 6th, 2013 at 1:53:41 PM permalink
I am facing the actual issue, which is "How can it be SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN whether or not dice can be influenced to provide a positive expectation?"

Ahigh brags about being very well heeled.

My point: it might be money well spent for him to hire someone with the proper credentials to study the issue and make objective recommendations.

Hire a qualified professional, see what he / she suggests, then implement it.

Of course, the tough part will be finding someone who actually claims they CAN "influence" the dice to participate in the test; this is what seems to be bugging him the most.
"What, me worry?"
tupp
tupp
April 6th, 2013 at 1:57:34 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

First the person must make an allegation... a hypothesis.... about what they can do....

In the case in question on this forum, the hypothesis would probably be: A shooter can consistently make fewer sevens than probability expects.

Next you have to decide what confidence interval you want your results to be in to establish 'proof'.

Well, that interval is somewhat in dispute, although standard deviation 2 or higher seems to be accepted by many on this forum. Also, rolling 15 or less sevens per 100 rolls is accepted by some on this forum.

In this particular case of testing dice rolls, it is still valid to merely make rolls and record the results, without setting such an interval in advance. It seems Ahigh is currently at SD 2, after a few thousand rolls.

Now a 'math person' can tell you how many rolls you will need to prove your hypothesis.

This is another disputed issue. Everyone agrees that more trials brings greater accuracy, but, of course, there are practical challenges to making a high number of rolls.

Separate trials can be combined in to a larger groups of rolls. So, testing is ongoing.

Since most "DIs" claim only a small advantage, they are able to hide from a true test, as the number of rolls to reach a reasonable level of proof will be quite high.

Ahigh's edge seems pretty good so far, with a significant number of recorded rolls.

I'll leave it to Mathextremist or the Wiz, but even a modest claim of rolling 15% or fewer rolls would take thousands of rolls to achieve even a 99% certainty, let alone a 99.9% certainty.

The math doesn't seem that complicated, and it has been discussed extensively in this forum.

Again, the number of required rolls is in contention, but, from what I've seen so far, I would probably bet on Ahigh.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
April 6th, 2013 at 1:58:17 PM permalink
Quote: superrick

We have Ahigh, where he is trying to prove something about shooting the dice, some readers on this board will say what he is doing is nothing but random, others say he has some control. Who is right and who is wrong, at one point in time he is winning, then he may have a bad string of sevens.

It seems as if you don't believe Ahigh when he says: "So far, it is absolutely a random toss. I just have gotten lucky to have a good rolls to seven ratio with my random toss."
Yet you won't give him instructions on lessening his randomness. Or is all the back-and-forth palaver nothing more than mere nonsense?
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
April 6th, 2013 at 2:21:08 PM permalink
Quote: DeMango

Your greed, and lets not mince words, greed is what this is all about, is appalling.

Was this directed at me? What "greed" are you talking about?
  • Jump to: