2 votes (11.76%)
3 votes (17.64%)
6 votes (35.29%)

17 members have voted

Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
January 2nd, 2013 at 9:02:14 PM permalink
Vote for as many as you like. My you tube channel has been getting more popular, and I want to make some more videos. There's a lot of stuff that would be fun for me to do, but I figured I would get some feedback.
aahigh.com
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
January 3rd, 2013 at 12:59:01 AM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

My you tube channel has been getting more popular,

I'm glad. I, for one, didn't even know it existed.

I'd vote for Dealing With Dealers. Overly talkative, insulting, irritating, and just ordinary "Freeze Frame Action Replay" of a game in slow motion as to sequence of steps, hand use, etc.

I'd also vote for a video or "half video" of Optimal Throws, then Acceptable Throws ... then Unacceptable Throws. (I don't mean by results or dice setting or nothin' like that stuff, just plain good dice throws that the crew and the players will all approve of.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
January 3rd, 2013 at 4:15:29 AM permalink
If you really think you have something special with your throwing, then the only thing I want to see is the last option, "Details of how I throw and land dice" because that will either shut your critics up, or bring you more fire for the New Year!! LOL and best of luck, my friend. :-)
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
January 3rd, 2013 at 5:19:35 AM permalink
Its easy to make a Dice Control video... just toss the dice and no matter what it lands on say "See!". Then have some numskull shill in the video who asks a question and gets thirty minutes of malarkey in response.
Ahigh
Ahigh
January 3rd, 2013 at 8:07:17 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

I'm glad. I, for one, didn't even know it existed.

I'd vote for Dealing With Dealers. Overly talkative, insulting, irritating, and just ordinary "Freeze Frame Action Replay" of a game in slow motion as to sequence of steps, hand use, etc.

I'd also vote for a video or "half video" of Optimal Throws, then Acceptable Throws ... then Unacceptable Throws. (I don't mean by results or dice setting or nothin' like that stuff, just plain good dice throws that the crew and the players will all approve of.

These are good suggestions. It might be fun to make a mocumentary style video to make fun of all the guys who think they can control the dice. Would that be something you guys would enjoy?
aahigh.com
Ahigh
Ahigh
January 3rd, 2013 at 10:32:27 PM permalink
Thanks for all the votes, guys. I'm going to try to use feedback that I get from this thread when making my next video. I've got cameras out the wazoo now, so it should be interesting. I think I can cover a lot of camera angles anyway! Please keep commenting and voting and I will try to do some shooting soon.
aahigh.com
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
January 4th, 2013 at 12:55:06 AM permalink
Multiple camera angles may be critical. Also replays.

Let us just take a very simple situation such as in the Wizard's craps video: Two Pass Line Bets plus Two Odds Bets.

You want to show:
Proper positioning of the bets.
Proper cutting of the payout and proper hand use by the dealer
proper placement by the dealer in the proper sequence.

Add in Place Bets and you have Proper movement of the chip-stack/Marker and placement of it to that player's position on the dealer's layout. This would best be done with a Stop Frame addition of tiny numbers and arrows and then its prompt removal.

At a more crowded layout, the dealer's hand's have to change and ultimately any live "commentary" would be including late placement of chips that had been called and booked, placement of change, on and off adjustments, Point's Place bet to Sister Number's Place Bet, etc.

Eventually you could build up to a "real live craps game" being replayed in slow speed to show: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

I think most people would prefer to see the routine mechanics of the game but some people want to see the dice cheats and the dice influencing hoopla, the banter, etc.
Ahigh
Ahigh
January 5th, 2013 at 1:55:16 PM permalink
I improved the controlled throwing device today. I recorded a motorcycle wheelie on the GoPro Hero3. That thing is awesome at 1080p60 playing back on my TV .. so smooth! But I think you tube only lets you do 30 frames/sec at HD.

I also set up my shutterboss remote shutter for my Nikon D5100. I was able to time it right just manually watching to catch a couple of touchdowns from the Controlled Throwing Device (CTD).

Here's two successive times still photos showing similarities of the landing zones from the thrower after my improvements:

If you want to see some other stills from the CTD I just shot, you can check here and click the other photos:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/Ahigh/Crap%20screen/?action=view&current=DSC_0465_zps88926e3c.jpg

I also recorded a wheelie leaving the house to go to the hardware store to buy my stuff, but you can barely tell I was in a wheelie. You can see what half of my commute to work looks like though in sped-up video, which is fun. I don't know if I'm going to go crazy recording stunts since I would rather have a reputation for causing problems at the craps tables than on the public roads out there. I'm older and more responsible these days, ya know.

IE: the wheelie part of the video at the end is boring. Oh well.

http://youtu.be/40d6gd1eVoM
aahigh.com
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
January 5th, 2013 at 2:49:10 PM permalink
I voted for "My theory on creating bias". That is the crux of whether the dice can be 'influenced' or not. The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.....
  • Jump to: