Thread Rating:

Venthus
Venthus
Joined: Dec 10, 2012
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 1110
December 28th, 2012 at 7:23:50 PM permalink
I was looking at one of these units the other day and it got me thinking about which of these units take cards, and what kind of stuff you could get out of them. What other units do people know of that take cards and give points/other stuff?

Accrual:
Binion's: 20$ per point
CET: 45$ per tier/reward credit (courtesy of tringlomane)
El Cortez: 12$ per point (courtesy of teddys)
Silverton: 4$ for 1 point
Station Casinos: 12$ for 3 points (courtesy of teddys)

Point Conversions:
Binion's: 20 points per 1$ comp, 40 points per 1$ cash back.
CET: 100 points per 1$ comp
Silverton: 333 points per 1$ comp

-----

Locations that do NOT offer any stuff:
South Point
Riviera
Slots-o-Fun
The Orleans
Gold Strike - Machine appears to be removed entirely?

-----

Other notes:
WoV post that has some info on table limits at various places.

-----
Update history:
March 18, 2014: Removed Orleans, Gold Strike *Note: Everything else is probably outdated.
fremont4ever
fremont4ever
Joined: Nov 24, 2009
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 138
December 28th, 2012 at 8:45:16 PM permalink
As of September, the El Cortez offered both points and comp $ on their machine. It was $3/point and it did work with my multiplier. Odds are included. 500 points are worth $1 in cash or dining credit. Comp dollars can be used for hotel and/or dining bills.
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6271
December 28th, 2012 at 10:07:40 PM permalink
CET is $45 a point for sure, and I want to say that included odds bets. I'm not 100% sure on the odds bets though.
teddys
teddys
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5444
December 29th, 2012 at 5:18:03 PM permalink
Quote: fremont4ever

As of September, the El Cortez offered both points and comp $ on their machine. It was $3/point and it did work with my multiplier. Odds are included. 500 points are worth $1 in cash or dining credit. Comp dollars can be used for hotel and/or dining bills.

It WAS $3 per point and it was a good play on multiplier days. (That's when I had my $2K win).

Now it's $12 or $20 per point (can't remember which). Somebody wised up.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
slackyhacky
slackyhacky
Joined: Jan 18, 2012
  • Threads: 48
  • Posts: 359
January 12th, 2013 at 12:31:14 AM permalink
Quote: Venthus

I was looking at one of these units the other day and it got me thinking about which of these units take cards, and what kind of stuff you could get out of them. What other units do people know of that take cards and give points/other stuff?

The Orleans: NO SLOT POINTS; 1$ per card score
Binion's: 20$ per point
CET: 45$ per tier credit (courtesy of tringlomane)
Sunset Station: 4$ for 3 points (unconfirmed)
El Cortez: 12(?)$ per point (works with multipliers, courtesy of teddys)

-----
Locations that do NOT offer stuff:
South Point
Riviera
Slots-o-Fun




Gold Strike in Jean Nevada does. I earned a Butt load of points on it. I got two free tanks of gas, about 4 free buffets, free room for a couple of nights, and I got something in the mail that said I could stay free a bunch of times throughout the year.

I'm never playing there again however since the last time I played they totally changed the rules that screwed up my system.
Venthus
Venthus
Joined: Dec 10, 2012
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 1110
January 12th, 2013 at 10:42:04 AM permalink
Quote: slackyhacky

Gold Strike in Jean Nevada does.



Really? I think I stopped in there a few months back and it didn't even support ticketing. Kind of surprised they'd have a card system in place if they didn't have that.
Venthus
Venthus
Joined: Dec 10, 2012
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 1110
January 29th, 2013 at 9:42:01 PM permalink
Added a bit more information per request. Any more of these units that have comps hiding out there?
teddys
teddys
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5444
January 30th, 2013 at 7:30:39 AM permalink
El Cortez no longer works with multipliers, per a sign they had posted last time I was there. Stations is now $12 per 3 points on all their craps games. Effectively, the play has been killed at all major casinos.
Quote:

Gold Strike in Jean Nevada does. I earned a Butt load of points on it. I got two free tanks of gas, about 4 free buffets, free room for a couple of nights, and I got something in the mail that said I could stay free a bunch of times throughout the year.

I'm never playing there again however since the last time I played they totally changed the rules that screwed up my system.



At Gold Strike it's actually a better deal to play their Aruze blackjack machine: full 1% comp on a -0.40% game, and you can exchange the comps for gas, rooms or food. So you can, as Bob Dancer told me, "drive 30 miles south to pick up free gas." Works if you're coming in from California. Their rooms are terrible.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
Venthus
Venthus
Joined: Dec 10, 2012
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 1110
January 30th, 2013 at 8:38:54 AM permalink
Quote: teddys

At Gold Strike it's actually a better deal to play their Aruze blackjack machine: full 1% comp on a -0.40% game, and you can exchange the comps for gas, rooms or food. So you can, as Bob Dancer told me, "drive 30 miles south to pick up free gas." Works if you're coming in from California. Their rooms are terrible.



Quite convenient for me, since I do indeed drive from Cali.

I need to take a closer look at my math (it's too early...), but the numbers I'm getting suggests ever-so-slightly positive values at most efficient play too. One major reason I find it more attractive to grind points on the craps machine is that you can clock much greater amounts of action on it with lower exposure per unit time. Or, again, my math has gone sour. =P

I have yet to try their food. Might on the return trip. It's a toss-up between sneaking into Studio B at The M 5 minutes before the breakfast->lunch changeover or the believed-to-be suspicious, yet unexplored, comp'd cuisine at Gold Strike...
teddys
teddys
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5444
January 30th, 2013 at 8:46:36 AM permalink
Quote: Venthus

Quite convenient for me, since I do indeed drive from Cali.

I need to take a closer look at my math (it's too early...), but the numbers I'm getting suggests ever-so-slightly positive values at most efficient play too. One major reason I find it more attractive to grind points on the craps machine is that you can clock much greater amounts of action on it with lower exposure per unit time. Or, again, my math has gone sour. =P

Very true. I didn't look into the craps game there, but I played $30/hand at the BJ game and lost $1,000 :-( If you could spread your action over multiple terminals, it would be less of a sweat/more of a grind, but they make it very hard to do that with the Aruze configuration.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4

  • Jump to: