Hacker
Hacker
  • Threads: 1
October 11th, 2011 at 9:14:45 AM permalink
On the Wizard Of Odds site i found this "Blackjack: Fine points of basic strategy (Appendix 3)" Can i find something like this for:
1. 6 deck shoe.
2. The dealer must draw to soft 17’s and stand on hard 17’s and all 18’s.
3. A player’s winning Blackjack is paid off at odds of 3 to 2 or on selected games 6 to 5. A two-card 21 wins over a multi-card 21 in all circumstances.
4. your first 2 cards are a pair with the same numerical value, you may split them into 2 hands. You must bet the same amount as your original wager on each hand formed by splitting a pair. You must complete play on your first hand before playing your second hand. However, you may double down on each hand. If the split pairs are Aces, you will receive only 1 card on each. Because only 1 card is given when Aces are split, a player may not double down on Aces that have been split. Pairs may split a maximum of 3 times, for a total of 4 hands, if you split your initial pair and you receive an identically valued card to create another pair.
5. After you get your first two cards, except when your first 2 cards total 21. When doubling down you draw only 1 additional card.
dm
dm
  • Threads: 14
October 11th, 2011 at 9:38:14 AM permalink
A two-card 21 has a shorter and more popular name.
Hacker
Hacker
  • Threads: 1
October 11th, 2011 at 9:45:46 AM permalink
So you don't know were i can find it?
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
October 11th, 2011 at 10:16:45 AM permalink
Quote: dm

A two-card 21 has a shorter and more popular name.

Not post-split it doesn't. That's the only non-standard rule in the provided list -- normally, if you split aces and draw 10s, you can still push if the dealer draws to 21.

To answer the OP's question, that non-standard rule wouldn't change the strategy -- it's still a terrible idea to split 10s unless you're already counting (which moves this discussion past the realm of "basic strategy"), and you always split aces regardless, so just follow the standard basic strategy for 6D, S17, DAS, no-RSA.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
  • Jump to: