timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
May 1st, 2011 at 2:23:01 PM permalink
I've learned a lot from the people on this forum about blackjack. The Wizards tutorial that gives immediate feedback has been really helpful.

I played BJ very sparingly before, but decided this trip I was going to concentrate on it since Silverstar does not have Pai Gow Poker which is my favorite game.

I sat down Friday evening at a $5 table with just $100 to try it. Played for 6 hours!!! Never fell below $100 and never more than $250. Cashed out $200. It really felt good to make confident decisions and accept the outcome knowing that I was making the proper play. Had alot of fun with fellow players and the dealers.

Saturday, after golf, started with $250. Lost $75 and went to our awards banquet. Headed back to the tables about 9 and played until 3 AM. $10 table and went up and down for quite awhile, at one point as low as $50. Then the table started getting hot and everyone was winning. As I was winning, I gradually increased my bet up to $25. Was up several hundred and then hit three hands in about 10 minutes that I split and doubled and lost! It scared me back to $10 bets. Success continued and I reached $800 at about 2 AM. I decided to bet $25 until I got down to $600 or reached $1000. Played for another hour and cashed out $600. Once again I had a great experience with alot of fun, nice people.

I know that I cannot expect results like this all the time, but I am hooked on this game now. Again, thanks to everyone here for what you have taught me.
benbakdoff
benbakdoff
  • Threads: 17
May 1st, 2011 at 5:19:59 PM permalink
That was a great post! Did you play the double deck game or the 6 deck? Without knowing your specific situation, I'd like to remind you to review the bank roll requirements for $25 bets.

When you're caught up in the moment, things can go south rather quickly.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
May 1st, 2011 at 5:30:14 PM permalink
Quote: benbakdoff

That was a great post! Did you play the double deck game or the 6 deck? Without knowing your specific situation, I'd like to remind you to review the bank roll requirements for $25 bets.

When you're caught up in the moment, things can go south rather quickly.

Yep. I wouldn't make it a habit to make $25 bets even if you did have a good session. You can see swings of thousands of dollars. $5-7K is preferred.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
May 2nd, 2011 at 3:03:33 AM permalink
Playing the six deck game. I know that I had no where enough money to play for any length of time and only got extremely lucky. My style of play with any game is when I am up towards the end of a session is to increase my bet with a portion of my winnings. More often than not, I lose that portion, but every once in a while it gets really productive and I make enough to finance the next trip.

I forgot to mention that the dealers really seemed to appreciate someone that played the proper way and accepted that even with good play, you may lose.

It was funny to watch people agonize over easy decisions such as hitting 16 against a 10 or ace. And I had a few people question why I was playing the way I did and I referred them to the Wizards site to practice their game.
  • Jump to: