Kepper
Kepper
  • Threads: 4
March 14th, 2011 at 2:35:50 PM permalink
I was playing bj with a shuffler this weekend and had a thought. The dealer had just placed all the card into the machine, six decks in the shuffler. She then deals six player and herself. Now I don't normally count, but when the hand was done I noticed only two face cards, so I did a quick cout. It was +12. After to more times around there was about a deck to a deck and a half in the discard pile and the count was now +15. With 5 decks left this should put the true count at +3.

My question is this, is my logic correct? If so could I have used this in my favor?
iambabyd
iambabyd
  • Threads: 3
March 14th, 2011 at 3:40:25 PM permalink
I'm not sure what kind of continuous shuffler it was but the "king" shufflers which are quite common and made by Shufflemaster use 5 decks, so really, there was only going to be about 4 decks left, raising your true count. You can take advantage of that, paying attention to those very few times that the dealer doesn't put the cards back right away but the problem is you only have 1 hand to try and take advantage. Part of the big advantage of a good count is that if the large cards don't come out immediately, the count will only end up getting better. You don't have that advantage with the continuous.
Founder and Editor-in-Chief, GamblersGrind.com and HoopsHabit.com.
  • Jump to: