ChicagoSkinny
ChicagoSkinny
  • Threads: 4
February 21st, 2011 at 9:58:00 AM permalink
I've recently been playing blackjack that offers two side bets that I've never seen before. I never take them, obviously, but was surprised by the amount of people that do. I wanted to know if anyone had seen them before and had calculated the house advantage on them.

The first side bet offers 11:1 if your first two cards are a pair (KK, 77, etc.)

The second side bet offers 9:1 if your first two cards AND the dealers upcard are a "rummy" (3 of a kind, 3 card flush, or a 3 card straight (A23 and QKA BOTH count as winners).

Has anyone seen these two bets before or done any calculations on their house advantage?
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
February 21st, 2011 at 10:04:55 AM permalink
Quote: ChicagoSkinny

I've recently been playing blackjack that offers two side bets that I've never seen before. I never take them, obviously, but was surprised by the amount of people that do. I wanted to know if anyone had seen them before and had calculated the house advantage on them.

The first side bet offers 11:1 if your first two cards are a pair (KK, 77, etc.)

The second side bet offers 9:1 if your first two cards AND the dealers upcard are a "rummy" (3 of a kind, 3 card flush, or a 3 card straight (A23 and QKA BOTH count as winners).

Has anyone seen these two bets before or done any calculations on their house advantage?

The first bet is wretched: it is 16-1 against getting a pair in a single deck game, slightly better in a shoe game. The second bet is probably just as bad.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
ChicagoSkinny
ChicagoSkinny
  • Threads: 4
February 21st, 2011 at 10:15:36 AM permalink
Forgot to mention that it is a 6 deck shoe.
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
February 21st, 2011 at 10:25:06 AM permalink
Quote: ChicagoSkinny

These sound like the Perfect Pairs and 21+3 side bets.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
  • Jump to: