ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 131
October 13th, 2024 at 12:57:10 AM permalink
Dream 21 - Same as Spanish 21 without the royalties to the makers of Spanish 21. This game has a special side bet for the 2 player cards, that pays 50 to 1, or 25 to 1, or 10 to 1, or 5 to 1 for specific pairs. So this player seems to do well with his regular bet being 5X his side bet and he sometimes hits for 25 to 1. He's trying to lean into this bet but he doesn't feel a need to bet it every time. He sometimes plays 2 spots but he doesn't like pushing on two hands so reduces back to 1 spot. He plays between $50 - $300 per hand plus $5-$25 on the side bet. He's on a cruise ship and he's cashing out at under $5K with most of the dealer's chips.

In the first video he's having fun with a stack of 60 red chips at the beginning for a bet. At the end he has a stack of 100 red chips, that wins and it has to be paid off in red chips because that's all the dealer has left, lol.
Because this is Spanish 21, there's no accusation of card counting going on here, at all. Cheers to the player Brandon O'Brien.

Here's the Dream Pairs Chart

I WON ALL THE CHIPS IN THE RACK!

I TAKE ALL OF THE DEALERS $100 CHIPS!

His latest video from 13 hours ago is what I saw first in my algo feed (I wasn't following him). He called it Spanish 21 and that's why I watched it. If it said Dream 21, I wouldn't have a clue what he meant. I saw the above videos in reverse order.

MY BEST SPANISH 21 EVER
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 245
October 13th, 2024 at 1:10:17 AM permalink
Card counting works well on SP21.
1) You get more Aces. Aces are 1/12th of your cards instead of 1/13th
2) You have more options with your Aces.

It's ten years since I played it, but Katrina Walker wrote a book on how vulnerable the game could be. Luckily, it didn't sell very well.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
  • Threads: 131
October 13th, 2024 at 1:19:24 AM permalink
On this particular cruise ship trip, black jacks only paid 6 to 5 and I had to get my calculator out to figure out why he was getting underpaid. I think the dealer shorted him at other times but yelling at my screen does nothing to the replay.
  • Jump to: