blackjacklad
blackjacklad
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
MaxPen
November 22nd, 2019 at 8:36:01 AM permalink
I came across an interesting situation in my travels recently. It was at an unregulated establishment where I would have been concerned about my kneecaps if I'd pushed my luck too far, but I'm interested to know if anyone can calculate the house edge.

6 decks, dealer stands on soft 17, DAS, double any 2 cards, unlimited resplits, no resplitting aces, lose full wager when dealer has BJ, late surrender, no peek (ENHC), and finally the most important rule of all...late surrender. As in VERY late surrender. I was allowed to surrender against anything except a dealer ace, regardless of how many times I'd hit already.
sabre
sabre
  • Threads: 3
Thanked by
blackjacklad
November 22nd, 2019 at 8:53:52 AM permalink
The early surrender vs T alone is rare and adds .24%. I don't think I've seen analysis on surrender after hit. I doubt it's worth more than a few tenths of a percent. Overall the game seems very close to breakeven. Factor in the kneecapping potential and I'd probably pass.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
November 22nd, 2019 at 9:05:06 AM permalink
Quote: blackjacklad

I came across an interesting situation in my travels recently. It was at an unregulated establishment where I would have been concerned about my kneecaps if I'd pushed my luck too far, but I'm interested to know if anyone can calculate the house edge.

6 decks, dealer stands on soft 17, DAS, double any 2 cards, unlimited resplits, no resplitting aces, lose full wager when dealer has BJ, late surrender, no peek (ENHC), and finally the most important rule of all...late surrender. As in VERY late surrender. I was allowed to surrender against anything except a dealer ace, regardless of how many times I'd hit already.

Can you surrender after doubling or splitting ?
blackjacklad
blackjacklad
November 22nd, 2019 at 9:25:48 AM permalink
Good question. After splitting, yes, after doubling, no.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
November 22nd, 2019 at 12:56:39 PM permalink
I estimate the House Edge is about 0.30 - 0.35% on this game.

Multicard early surrender after splitting:
1. I assume you can't surrender after splitting AA.
2. With the No Peek ENHC rule, you don't split 88 v T. So no post-split surrender opportunities there.
3. However you do split 88 v 9, and would have an opportunity to surrender a multicard 16 upon drawing to a split 8. So only a very tiny advantage to be gained from post-split surrender.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
November 22nd, 2019 at 1:16:08 PM permalink
I agree it would probably be in the region of 0.3% to 0.4%.

Apart from the no split Aces your rules seem very similar to standard UK Blackjack (about 0.5%). The basic late surrender rule gives about 0.08% ( https://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/basics/ ) and the no resplit Aces takes the same back. I'd imagine being able to do it on multiple card 16s brings a little bit. As to splitting 8's vs 9, the first card would have to be 4 thru 7 (otherwise you double, stand or resplit), and then you have to get to 16 - so the chances of this aren't that high.
blackjacklad
blackjacklad
November 22nd, 2019 at 4:24:38 PM permalink
Thanks guys. I'm surprised the impact on the edge is so low, I had assumed it would make a much bigger impact. For a few other reasons I won't go into there is still a good player edge, but I won't be visiting to take advantage of it anytime soon.
  • Jump to: