reinalajefe
reinalajefe
  • Threads: 2
June 7th, 2019 at 2:25:50 PM permalink
I am getting so tired of the dealer getting or always having 2 face cards and or miraculously getting 21. is there a method of sitting out or hopping in & out to change up the dealer cards?

typically i wait for a new shoe and roughly play with about 4-6 ppl including myself.

For example, in 5 person game, the dealer receives the 6th & 12th card which with my luck lately have been majority 2 face cards.

in the case where the dealer constantly shows face card and or has 20 all the time I wonder how many times can a player sit out and or add a hand in order to change up what cards the dealer receives & shows
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
June 7th, 2019 at 2:27:19 PM permalink
Quote: reinalajefe

I am getting so tired of the dealer getting or always having 2 face cards and or miraculously getting 21. is there a method of sitting out or hopping in & out to change up the dealer cards?

typically i wait for a new shoe and roughly play with about 4-6 ppl including myself.

For example, in 5 person game, the dealer receives the 6th & 12th card which with my luck lately have been majority 2 face cards.

in the case where the dealer constantly shows face card and or has 20 all the time I wonder how many times can a player sit out and or add a hand in order to change up what cards the dealer receives & shows

You would only need to sit out one hand to change up the cards that the dealer would get. Good luck.
michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
June 7th, 2019 at 2:49:48 PM permalink

Don’t blame the dealer. Blame the person who cut the cards.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 7th, 2019 at 5:44:44 PM permalink
So, this is kind of a sister post to your other one. Welcome to the forum, btw.

I'm adding the two together (the other one is where you're losing and the others sitting there are winning).

IMO, that's a good sign, that others are winning. It means the game is playing relatively fairly. It's just variance (luck) that your hand is running bad. Hang in there. If you want to change the cards a little, step away for a hand to answer a text or a quick bathroom run, then come back. But an unseen card is still an unseen card, and things will change, and you'll be the one running good at some point.

You didn't mention it, but I would suggest you improve your chances (if you haven't already) by learning Basic Strategy for the game you're playing. The math has been figured out for every hand you can get vs. the dealer upcard. There are charts that tell you on wizardofodds.com, our sister site. You'll want to tell the strategy calculator how many decks, and some other details, then it will generate a color chart you can print out.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
June 7th, 2019 at 5:46:14 PM permalink

you will only get silly answers for your suspicions here.

we need to establish some common conditions you are playing under.

first off, are you playing with any kind of shuffler such as an automatic or coninuous shuffler, or hand shuffled?

hand shuffled you cant do anything about because you trusted the dealer to shuffle correctly.

continuous shufflers you should make the craziest bets you have ever made in your life and only play a maximum lifetime of 1000 amount of rounds, because its connected to a computer that generates the hands.

with an automatic shuffler you should always sit down after a shuffle and never sit for another shuffle after your first shoe because its connected to computers, but should be able to be exploited if you never have it shuffled for yourself or your profile.

^ see, some silly answers
Lovecomps
Lovecomps
  • Threads: 79
June 7th, 2019 at 6:02:27 PM permalink
Actually, my first thought is that when the dealer does that it would be best to lower your bet since the count would be deteriorating.
The best things in life are not free.
  • Jump to: