No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (100%)

1 member has voted

heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 261
August 9th, 2018 at 4:44:00 PM permalink
I am a bit hard on myself usually when it comes to a missed opportunity.

I play through multiple hands in my mind, as if maybe the card might have been given to a different player, or what if the player doesnt do what they should have done, and it plays out in favor of someone else?

Playing BS, I find myself missing a bit more of the opportunities presented to me, as in i should have obviously chosen otherwise when it came to a specific hand.

My questions to everyone is, do you normally "play perfect strategy", and do you find that you noramally regret your decisisons, or that basic strategy does not work out as much as you would have come to believe it should.

And the last question is, do you sometimes not follow BS and how successful do you feel you are even when not following BS?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
heatmapOnceDear
August 9th, 2018 at 4:56:36 PM permalink
Quote: heatmap

I am a bit hard on myself usually when it comes to a missed opportunity.

I play through multiple hands in my mind, as if maybe the card might have been given to a different player, or what if the player doesnt do what they should have done, and it plays out in favor of someone else?

Playing BS, I find myself missing a bit more of the opportunities presented to me, as in i should have obviously chosen otherwise when it came to a specific hand.

My questions to everyone is, do you normally "play perfect strategy", and do you find that you noramally regret your decisisons, or that basic strategy does not work out as much as you would have come to believe it should.

And the last question is, do you sometimes not follow BS and how successful do you feel you are even when not following BS?

Check my signature.

Success does not depend on timing the swings of the cards. Success depends on being extremely consistent with BS, because it has been calculated to give you the best CHANCE of winning in every situation.

You can note that a card would have done this or that for you, but it is an attractive nuisance, not a regret to give a second's thought about.

Whether it's in your hand, in someone else's hand, or left for the dealer, an unseen card is an unseen card.

Whether someone else plays neverbust, same as dealer, chase the trend, or any other strangeness does not affect your hand. Stick to your game plan.

tl;dr - with BS you are missing no opportunities. You are experiencing variance.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 9th, 2018 at 5:14:51 PM permalink
It's astonishing how often how often I stay on a weak hand and the next card would have made a great hand.
Fortunately, it's forgotten a few hands later. You aren't going to win a fight with math.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
  • Jump to: