Leslielee
Leslielee
  • Threads: 1
June 2nd, 2018 at 2:14:08 AM permalink
Hi Michael

I am based in Asia and I dont think I have seen a question posted here which is similar to mine. In a no hole card blackjack found in Macau and Singapore, it is possible for a dealer to obtain a blackjack with an initial card value of 10, therefore intuitively making it less attractive to hit a 15 against a dealer's 10.

Basic strategy suggests a surrender of player's score of 15 against a dealer's ten, but for three or more cards' score of 15 where surrender is no longer an option, what is the correct strategy? What are the expected returns for standing against drawing?

In this connection, while it is a close call between standing or hitting on a three card 16 under Las Vegas rules, under Macau's blackjack rules, it will a clear stand?

Thanks.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
June 2nd, 2018 at 7:05:35 AM permalink
For the "no hole card" variant that you describe it is best to surrender a 15 against a dealer's Ten when possible, and otherwise HIT a 15. So for a multicard 15 against 10 the basic strategy is to HIT.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Kellynbnf
Kellynbnf
  • Threads: 15
June 2nd, 2018 at 9:35:47 AM permalink
When it comes to hit vs. stand decisions, the hole-card rule is irrelevant - if it's possible for the dealer to draw a blackjack and that does happen you lose your bet regardless of what happened to your hand. (If it's the "European" rule where you could lose additional bets from doubling or splitting to a dealer BJ then you do need to adjust your strategy for those decisions.)
BlackjackGuy123
BlackjackGuy123
  • Threads: 4
June 2nd, 2018 at 1:09:51 PM permalink
15 v T is a hit if you cannot surrender.
Leslielee
Leslielee
  • Threads: 1
June 2nd, 2018 at 9:19:38 PM permalink
I do think the possibility of a dealer's blackjack makes a difference to the decision on whether to hit or stand. I think the correct decision based on 6 decks, DAS, for a multi card 15 against a dealer's ten is a hit but I would like to know the expected returns for both scenarios. My gut feel is that it would be a close call.

Basic strategy for a player's 14 against dealer's ten is a hit under a hole card rules but under a no hole card rules in Asia, it is a surrender because the possibility of a dealer's blackjack makes it less attractive to take a hit.

It would be nice if Michael can clarify on this. Thanks.
BlackjackGuy123
BlackjackGuy123
  • Threads: 4
June 3rd, 2018 at 2:22:27 AM permalink
14 v T is a basic strategy early surrender and would still be one if the dealer took a hole card. The fact that the dealer has not taken a hole card yet is irrelevant for hit / stand decisions. The only practical difference for an ENHC game is that you refrain from doubling or splitting against T or A except if you have AA v T.
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
June 3rd, 2018 at 5:13:44 PM permalink
Quote: Leslielee

I do think the possibility of a dealer's blackjack makes a difference to the decision on whether to hit or stand. I think the correct decision based on 6 decks, DAS, for a multi card 15 against a dealer's ten is a hit but I would like to know the expected returns for both scenarios. My gut feel is that it would be a close call.

Basic strategy for a player's 14 against dealer's ten is a hit under a hole card rules but under a no hole card rules in Asia, it is a surrender because the possibility of a dealer's blackjack makes it less attractive to take a hit.

It would be nice if Michael can clarify on this. Thanks.

You can check specific examples using his hand calculator. It's about a 3% difference in the few ones I checked.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
  • Jump to: