racquet
racquet
  • Threads: 50
February 26th, 2018 at 5:31:49 PM permalink
I noticed that the Fusion or Stadium Blackjack at Mohegan Sun (CT) now pays 6:5 on blackjack. This is the first instance I see of 6:5 Blackjack at Mohegan Sun. My recollection is that it used to be 3:2. They can change the rules on this virtual "felt" with a software upgrade - little or expense.

Is there 6:5 at Foxwoods? I think they are all 8-deck, with some no mid-shoe entry.

Another change - there used to be two blackjack games in the Mohegan setup. You could toggle between two different BJ games running simultaneously. Now there is only one game, the second being replaced by a Baccarat station.

Mixed message? Increase the house edge but reduce the number of "tables?"

They probably won't stop there?
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
  • Threads: 23
February 26th, 2018 at 6:28:53 PM permalink
Quote: racquet

I noticed that the Fusion or Stadium Blackjack at Mohegan Sun (CT) now pays 6:5 on blackjack. This is the first instance I see of 6:5 Blackjack at Mohegan Sun.

This is a very sad development, but not really surprising. I refuse to think of this abomination as Blackjack, much less play it.

My recollection is that it used to be 3:2. They can change the rules on this virtual "felt" with a software upgrade - little or expense.

You recall correctly.

Is there 6:5 at Foxwoods?

Not that I know of, but they have (or had) $1 Blackjack with a 25-cent ante. House edge around 30%. Makes me want to puke just thinking about it.

I think they are all 8-deck, with some no mid-shoe entry.

I think there are a few 6-deck $100 tables in the high roller pit near the International lounge.

Another change - there used to be two blackjack games in the Mohegan setup. You could toggle between two different BJ games running simultaneously. Now there is only one game, the second being replaced by a Baccarat station.

The format is far more suited for Baccarat, where the player’s only decision is the initial bet. It is a really bad format for Blackjack, forcing important decisions be made before a clock timeout and a decision being made for you if you fail to act in time. The automated decision is most often contrary to basic strategy.

Mixed message? Increase the house edge but reduce the number of "tables?"

They probably won't stop there?

Probably not. I used to be a regular weekly player, but they no longer have a game I care to play. I’m down to a visit every other month or so, and no serious gambling. Just socializing and pissing away a Jackson at bar JoB for the “free” drinks.
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
  • Jump to: