FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 549
December 16th, 2017 at 4:21:27 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

More and more casinos are using cards that can't be edge sorted. I think they are a little more expensive.



I am not sure there are ANY types of cards that can't be edge sorted. Every manufacturer and every back design are subject to cards not being cut exactly the same every time. Some are worse than others. If you don't believe me, ask Telliot.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
racquet
racquet
Joined: Dec 31, 2014
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 411
December 17th, 2017 at 12:21:26 PM permalink
I have several used decks from SamsTown in LV where the back of all the cards is white, except for the SamsClub logo in the center of the card. No white border, no pattern that extends to the end of the card.

How can such a deck be "edge-sorted" when there is no edge?
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
Joined: Aug 1, 2011
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 2017
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
December 17th, 2017 at 12:45:43 PM permalink
Well if anybody did know how,I would hope they would have sense enough to not post it on a public forum.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
December 17th, 2017 at 12:49:50 PM permalink
Quote: racquet

I have several used decks from SamsTown in LV where the back of all the cards is white, except for the SamsClub logo in the center of the card. No white border, no pattern that extends to the end of the card.

How can such a deck be "edge-sorted" when there is no edge?


I had one from Main Street Station. All white except the red logo.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 3393
December 17th, 2017 at 1:14:53 PM permalink
Quote: racquet

I have several used decks from SamsTown in LV where the back of all the cards is white, except for the SamsClub logo in the center of the card. No white border, no pattern that extends to the end of the card.

How can such a deck be "edge-sorted" when there is no edge?


Logo position. Size of borders.
beachmonkey
beachmonkey
Joined: May 13, 2015
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 180
December 17th, 2017 at 5:32:45 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Logo position. Size of borders.


Are you saying that you can place bets After the cards are dealt face down? That would be the only advantage of edge sorting.
I was speaking to a pit boss here and she just laughed , she said nothing matters as the casino is a machine and will grind down any method of winning in the long run. She said people make mistakes due to concentration/ lack of, booze drugs and patience , in either order. They are happy that you (think )you can beat them for an hour, a day , a week because they will get it all back and then plus some with interest .
Oh by the way, here , no cards are dealt until all wagers are placed and the dealer says No more bets. Nullifying a perceived advantage as your wager is locked in. Baccarat, blackjack, roulette etc. no more bets.
Re manufacturing precision for public use , itís not as precise as you are led to believe, before we get sideways here exclude nasa ,medical ,and other high Tec facilities not open to joe average, not talking re circuit board etc . A simple example take 5 notes of the same denomination stack them , put two corners together ie short left and long bottom edge you will see they are not the same size , close but not same. Now try that with plastic money, now get two playing cards put them face to face you will notice they are out of square. Usually.
Money is the most used objects in public domain and itís not precise in shape nor weight, nor thickness ie use a micrometer. My ex industry for way luv you long time.
Kind regards
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 3393
December 17th, 2017 at 7:21:05 PM permalink
Quote: beachmonkey

Are you saying that you can place bets After the cards are dealt face down?


Yes.

Quote: beachmonkey

I was speaking to a pit boss here and she just laughed , she said nothing matters as the casino is a machine and will grind down any method of winning in the long run. She said people make mistakes due to concentration/ lack of, booze drugs and patience , in either order. They are happy that you (think )you can beat them for an hour, a day , a week because they will get it all back and then plus some with interest .


That's weird, pit bosses always give me an advantage play when I ask ;)
beachmonkey
beachmonkey
Joined: May 13, 2015
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 180
December 17th, 2017 at 7:44:18 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Yes.


That's weird, pit bosses always give me an advantage play when I ask ;)


Wow I want to come to your town casino. Shoot I cannot make it there this week how bout you rip the bag for us and take all that cash. Wow. Good luck. You really live in the land of milk and honey.
Kind regards
Merry Christmas
P. s whatís advantage play mean?! if you donít mind telling me ,is it like getting a complimentary points or hotel room? Cheers
Kellynbnf
Kellynbnf
Joined: May 5, 2010
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 196
December 18th, 2017 at 6:57:35 AM permalink
Quote: beachmonkey

Are you saying that you can place bets After the cards are dealt face down? That would be the only advantage of edge sorting.



You could still use the information for playing (or insurance) decisions.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
December 18th, 2017 at 10:39:59 AM permalink
Why is there an edge? Cards have to be complicated as a defense against counterfeited cards entering the deck.
I am a robot.

  • Jump to: