Marvin123
Marvin123
  • Threads: 1
October 6th, 2016 at 5:14:53 AM permalink
Hello guys,

if have any small number from 2-8 against a 10. I take a hit and get i.e. 15. Do i act like its a dealt 15 and do what basic stragety tells me to do with a 15 do i stand.
Sometimes you get a lot of small cards dealt and with everyone of them the chance of overdrawing rises.

And something else that boggles my mind.
Could it be a good strategy to count the 10 that are dealt on the table.
For example 4 players and a dealer.
Now all four get their first card as a ten and the dealers is hidden. It is pretty unlikely that there a five cards with the value of ten in a row. Would it be smart to change my playstyle according to situations like that.

Ich wish you all all the luck and skills to make a fortune out of gambling.
Greetings
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
October 6th, 2016 at 6:11:04 AM permalink
Quote: Marvin123

if have any small number from 2-8 against a 10. I take a hit and get i.e. 15. Do i act like its a dealt 15 and do what basic stragety tells me to do with a 15 do i stand.
Sometimes you get a lot of small cards dealt and with everyone of them the chance of overdrawing rises.

Yes. It's called "basic strategy" because it never changes, regardless of what cards have been dealt. What you are considering is a low-level form of card counting.

Now all four get their first card as a ten and the dealers is hidden. It is pretty unlikely that there a five cards with the value of ten in a row. Would it be smart to change my playstyle according to situations like that.

You forgot to take into account the fact that it is also "pretty unlikely" to get four 10-value cards in a row followed by a non-10-value card.

As to your question: only if you're counting cards, and even then, it depends on how many decks of cards are in the game. Otherwise, no.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
October 6th, 2016 at 6:20:17 AM permalink

Hello guys,

Ich wish you all all the luck and skills to make a fortune out of gambling.
Greetings

Do what basic strategy says. The only exception I can think of is STANDING on a multi-card 16 vs Ten. (And perhaps HITTING 10,2 vs 4.) Any other time, just do what the strategy says. But these 2 exceptions change the HE of the game ever-so-slightly, you may as well just ignore it, if you're the type to get confused (and may remember it incorrectly, for instance).

The second part is basically card counting. If that's something that may interest you, there's lots of free information available online and you can buy a book or 2 on it and learn how to do it. It isn't particularly difficult, just takes a bit of time and practice.
LostWages
LostWages
  • Threads: 38
October 8th, 2016 at 7:49:45 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Do what basic strategy says. The only exception I can think of is STANDING on a multi-card 16 vs Ten. (And perhaps HITTING 10,2 vs 4.) Any other time, just do what the strategy says. But these 2 exceptions change the HE of the game ever-so-slightly, you may as well just ignore it, if you're the type to get confused (and may remember it incorrectly, for instance).

The second part is basically card counting. If that's something that may interest you, there's lots of free information available online and you can buy a book or 2 on it and learn how to do it. It isn't particularly difficult, just takes a bit of time and practice.

Marvin,

I only have my first 4 days of "live" BJ with full Basic Strategy (memorizing 270 cells for my BJ game) as a basis for my chiming in with RS and ThatDonGuy, BASIC STRATEGY is your foundation (not the means to the end) to a winning BJ game. To quote Romes, "Playing it correctly means you've ALREADY won".

Yes, I did win small amounts. Probably beginner's luck, but the confidence everytime I left a table can't be bought in any store. I've a looooooooong way to go compared to my fellow posters, but I think I'm on the right road, and that makes a difference. Once I get the "hang" of using BS in a "live" game, I can start practicing another level, card-counting. But there's lots more besides that. I should be dismayed with so much to learn, but in my case I'm not because I earned my tiny niche on my own. My first REAL lesson was that memorizing BS and playing BJ training games on your iPAD vs playing "live" is like night and day.

LW
Eat real food . . . and you won't need medicine (or a lot less!)
  • Jump to: