zxc
zxc
  • Threads: 2
December 22nd, 2015 at 2:16:03 PM permalink
I've been playing this version of blackjack online and had a few questions.

Ok, so this isn't european style so it says they will refund additional bets from doubles and splits if dealer ends up with blackjack. Though it doesn't specifically say in their rules, I'm assuming that if you bust both hands on a split, you still lose both bets and only get refunded if you stand and dealer gets blackjack.

Now, even this being the case, are there still differences in basic strategy?

I can't think of any relating to doubles since obviously, you only double 9's, 10's, 11's and soft hands which can't bust.

But for splits, I see there could be a case of deviation from basic strategy with 8's against 10 or A

For instance, lets's say you split 8's against Ace and lost the 1st subhand. Then let's say you get another 8 on the 2nd subhand giving you 16 (can only split once). Should you stand here? What if you got a 7 and made a 15. Should you also stand?

Should 8's just not be split altogether? Or split against Ten but not against Ace?

And just to include the full rules, I believe it's dealer stands on soft 17, 6 decks, double after split allowed but hand can only be split once. surrender allowed except when dealer has Ace.

Thanks.
Kellynbnf
Kellynbnf
  • Threads: 15
December 22nd, 2015 at 2:49:04 PM permalink
If surrender is allowed against a dealer 10 then it appears that would be the proper play if you get 88 in that case given those rules. Against an Ace I'm not sure if that rule would be enough to make it better not to split, or if you should still split but stand on a lower total than normal.
zxc
zxc
  • Threads: 2
December 23rd, 2015 at 2:05:28 PM permalink
Thanks. I did some more reading and it looks like this is basically early surrender so you are right, according to this

88 should be surrendered against 10

88 against Ace though does bring up interesting case. I guess this is kind of obscure ruleset though and not much analysis has been done on it.

I'm still not 100% clear though what happens if you split 8's, bust the 1st subhand, then stand on the 2nd subhand and dealer has blackjack. Would I lose both bets or just the original? I guess I will have to wait until it actually happens to see lol

Something I didn't know was that 14 should also be surrendered against 10!

And one last question in general regarding these rules, should I just use this basic strategy card

with the added exception of surrendering 14's against 10? Are there any other exceptions or possible ones worth investigating?
  • Jump to: